Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:57 AM

671 posts, read 690,577 times

Advertisements

Protesters, lawmakers criticize Mexico's handling of Marine case - LA Times

300 Rally to Free Tahmooressi While Brown Dines with Mexican President

‘I Won’t Be Dining With Tahmooressi’s Captors’: CA Politician Protesting Luncheon for Mexican President | Fox News Insider

The plight of this young serviceman has been buried and overshadowed by the Brown vs. Officer case and ISIS.

I haven't seen much about him on CD, so did a google search. The first three sources and links that popped up are above.

The irony here is that two of the three are conservative sites...where is the "compassionate" left?

The BIGGER issue is obviously that this young man is being unjustly held in a foreign prison- Mexico of all places...whose illegals we continually and blindly accept into our country.

I'm proud of the Republicans in CA who have taken up this young man's cause, and refused to dine with Jerry Brown and the President of Mexico.

I'm very disappointed and disgusted that our POTUS hasn't chosen to hardly mention this young man's name, never mind work to free him, or send a "delegation" to go visit him in prison.

Where is the justice for this young man, who has given his time and potential life to fight for our country???

Greta Van Susteren did a segment on the stretch of road where he made the wrong turn - and noted that many people have had difficulty here, and unknowingly went onto Mexican soil.

For those of you who don't know about this case, Tahmooressi was arrested in Mexico for having his guns in his trunk when he was moving to his next duty station. He was trying to be treated for PTSD.

He is languishing in a Mexican prison. What if he was your brother or son?

Please support his release, and get him home...

thanks, Dandiday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 08:18 AM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Default background

Here is a concise article on Marine Tahmooressi's plight:

Hendersonville Four Seasons Politics: Who is Tahmooressi and why is he on this sign? - Hendersonville Lightning

Apparently, Fox news is the only cable news outlet that did a segment about this young man.

It's terrible that he has been all but forgotten in this prison, except for Fox and a grassroots effort by US citizens and California Republican congressmen and women.

I can only hope that more people take up his cause, and demand either immediate release, or prod Mexico's judicial system to make his case a priority.

thank you,

Dandiday

Old 08-27-2014, 09:46 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Unjustly? He broke the law.

As said above, there are plenty of other threads.

Old 08-27-2014, 09:47 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,626,386 times
Why should there be any support for him? He brought guns across the border into Mexico- something that is CLEARLY illegal according to Mexican law, so he is now paying for that crime. Just because he's an ex serviceman means nothing in this or any case.

Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
lots of threads here. He was breaking laws on BOTH sides of the border. Theres nothing special here.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:39 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Why should there be any support for him? He brought guns across the border into Mexico- something that is CLEARLY illegal according to Mexican law, so he is now paying for that crime. Just because he's an ex serviceman means nothing in this or any case.
Is that the same as Holder sending 1,400 guns into Mexico to "track" the cartels and gun sellers? If so, then Holder should be in a US jail for gun walking. The marine got lost and it was not his intent to cross into Mexico. What did Mexico think, that he was arming a cartel with 3 rifles??

If only the US could see that Mexicans CLEARLY and INTENTIONALLY violate our laws we wouldn't have 20 plus million illegals in the US. Apparently Mexico enforces their laws with no interference from the US, but takes offense and interferes when the US even tries to enforce it's immigration laws, when Mexicans intentionally cross the US border, and Mexico gives the US grief about deporting them back to Mexico and demands that the US take care of them. I guess you are OK with that.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:41 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
lots of threads here. He was breaking laws on BOTH sides of the border. Theres nothing special here.
What law did he break on the US side???

Old 08-27-2014, 11:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
What laws was he breaking in the US?

Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times
I could google it again, but off the top of my head he was entering from California with guns in plain view and accessible-a crime on both sides of the border.

If you want more details you can google the guy and read up on it.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:58 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
I could google it again, but off the top of my head he was entering from California with guns in plain view and accessible-a crime on both sides of the border.

If you want more details you can google the guy and read up on it.
I thought he told the Mexicans he had guns.....they did not see them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies