Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 07:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There MIGHT be. And there are many reasons to believe otherwise. Now you want to forget about ethically challenged Hooker, and the Good Dr. Thompson, b/c he's not behaving like the autism people wanted him to. He lawyered up and he's not saying anything more. But he said in his letter, it was possible for professionals to disagree. He's leaving himself wiggle room in case he's wrong. It's not as cut and dried as you wish. And you've twisted the "evidence" even further with your statement.
Like I said, the people involved are not really important to me. They were the messengers. I'm much more interested in the message. If we cover-up the message and ignore it then the opportunity for further research to figure out if the correlation is real will be lost. This is important to know. It's concerning to me that so many people don't care to find out the truth. They'd rather squabble over unimportant details and defend vaccines and the CDC at all costs.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:46 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Unimportant details, like was the research done correctly! Funny how some had touted this Hooker's credentials before he turned out to be a weasel.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Unimportant details, like was the research done correctly! Funny how some had touted this Hooker's credentials before he turned out to be a weasel.
Not that, but the details concerning Thompson and his timing of coming out and his lawyering up, those kind of details.

Hooker's re analysis was peer reviewed and published in a respected journal. The actual study was posted in this thread making it possible for you to read it yourself. I checked it out. It was pretty thorough. The question is, was it retracted because it was damaging to the CDC's reputation or was it retracted due to inaccurate conclusions? We may never know and that is extremely unfortunate. They are trying to bury this story and pretend like nothing happened. I hope someone files a lawsuit and forces the truth to come out.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:37 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Not that, but the details concerning Thompson and his timing of coming out and his lawyering up, those kind of details.

Hooker's re analysis was peer reviewed and published in a respected journal. The actual study was posted in this thread making it possible for you to read it yourself. I checked it out. It was pretty thorough. The question is, was it retracted because it was damaging to the CDC's reputation or was it retracted due to inaccurate conclusions? We may never know and that is extremely unfortunate. They are trying to bury this story and pretend like nothing happened. I hope someone files a lawsuit and forces the truth to come out.
In lawsuits with the Government, I have observed that people and things have a tendency to "disappear" from discovery.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
In lawsuits with the Government, I have observed that people and things have a tendency to "disappear" from discovery.
True.

Old 09-02-2014, 12:42 PM

78,415 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
So is global warming with the decline of piracy in the Caribbean. There's the big difference between correlation and causation. This is stats and evidence 101.
I was just thinking this weekend about some kids I knew growing up that were autistic....but in that era were just a little quirky or different and not diagnosed. In my small town I can think of at least two people like that within a year or two of my age.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:

...and then removed because it lacked credibility.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
...and then removed because it lacked credibility.
That's one opinion of why it was removed.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:32 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I was just thinking this weekend about some kids I knew growing up that were autistic....but in that era were just a little quirky or different and not diagnosed. In my small town I can think of at least two people like that within a year or two of my age.
Yep, you never used to see it. I know growing up I never saw someone with Autism till I got into high school, where I was in a "hippie school" that accepted this new diagnosis. Kids that couldn't take the stimulation earlier tended to stay at home for homeschool or were institutionalized. Adults (I saw a few that would flap their arms and moan, big city) were relegated ot the streets if they had no family.

Quote:
That's one opinion of why it was removed.
That's the fact of why it was removed with explanations of what was wrong with it. If you can find proof that this is wrong, and your "opinion" is right, you have the opportunity to present it. My opinion is that you would because your history shows that you are very vocal about anything even remotely supporting your cause.

Otherwise your opinion is as factually based as David Icke's about shape-shifting lizard people on the moon. If you can't prove it is true with any evidence then you shouldn't be holding that it is true. If just lines and lines of rhetoric is fine to convince you without hard facts...then you hold yourself to a very low standard of intellectual honesty. Such as to the bar children hold their belief in Santa.

Old 09-02-2014, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post

That's the fact of why it was removed with explanations of what was wrong with it. If you can find proof that this is wrong, and your "opinion" is right, you have the opportunity to present it. My opinion is that you would because your history shows that you are very vocal about anything even remotely supporting your cause.
Do you think they would admit that they removed it because of the damage it could do to the CDC's reputation and the vaccination program as a whole? I say the reason it was removed is debatable. The study is linked in this thread though so you can see it for yourself.

I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post which is nothing more then a desperate attempt to pigeonhole me and attack my character. It's unnecessary and rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies