Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Who the hell has 100 friends??? You are fortunate to have four or five friends and are incredibly lucky to have one good friend.
You only have 4 friends on social networks ???

Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I wouldn't be shocked if someone tries. Honestly, what is the huge deal here. As if white people are guilty of something here. What's the ratio of white or non black friends among blacks? Asians? Hispanics? Why does the author of this article single out white people ? I don't have any "minority" friends. I have in the past, but not now.

Hmmm, therefore, by virtue of my skin tone, I am a racist? I think this racist bit is a new McCarthyism. With Eric Holder and Barrack Obama leading the charge. Its no different than the Communist witch hunts. Don't like someone? Want to ruin their life? Just blab it about that you heard them use the N word once. Their life is over. Its flat vicious.

Personally, I think the whole "race relations" bit is just a scam. Its a power play. Being accused of being a racist is a constant threat, held over the heads of white people. Conform to a certain way of thinking, or else. Its gotten really old.
I agree. The race thing is just a scam using blacks. Obama is almost over so blacks will be forgotten. If (poor, broke) Hillary gets in liberals will use women to keep the nation divided.

So this is what it's like to have a black president who couldn't have been elected without whites. Me, yes black friends in the past but not now. I better go beg a black to be my friend or they'll tag me as racist lol oooooooooh noooooo

Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Wow.....we agree!!!!

I like living around just white people......that is one reason I love where we live.

There is a lot to be said for segregation.
You're an embarrassment to rural Americans everywhere. Thank God many don't have your mindset. White suburbanites who moves to rural areas sure are strange.....

Old 08-28-2014, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Not human nature, it's about exposure and socialization"

I disagree.

I have been at MANY functions, usually through work where blacks and whites work together daily and we call each other friends, yet blacks congregate among themselves.
If the blacks are congregating amongst themselves, does that not mean the same of the whites you work with ?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
You're an embarrassment to rural Americans everywhere. Thank God many don't have your mindset. White suburbanites who moves to rural areas sure are strange.....
Why, because she is truthful? Have you been watching the news about Ferguson? Why would anyone want to live around people who think it's ok to strong arm the local shop keepers, who can be set off like that and then think it's ok to destroy property and loot if you anger them? I don't want to live around people who think like that and do that, do you?

Or is that your definition of good neighbors?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
I'm not surprised at all. Many whites don't see or interact with ANY minorities on a daily basis much less have any non-white friends. So for them they get all of their information related to minorities from the media and we all know how fair the media is when it comes to reporting on minorities.

This is why some of them will ask all kinds of stupid/offensive questions and do stupid offensive stuff like: Ask you about slang/hip-hop related things (cuz we ALL listen to hip-hop and use slang) or want to touch your hair or skin like your from the petting zoo. The best is when they assume that you are poor, jobless, and generally shiftless becaue that is what they have been conditioned to believe.

In addition to the above most American's are proud to be ignorant about any non-white/non-American culture so they aren't trying to learn about anyone outside of their own culture/country anyway.

The article stated 2/3 of blacks have no white friends but most are forced to interact with whites because they are the majority and it's just numbers thing.

Most minorities don't get the luxury of living in a cultural bubble.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:41 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You only have 4 friends on social networks ???
Social networks don't count, you barely even know most of those people. Let's talk real life here, not cyberspace.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Social networks don't count, you barely even know most of those people. Let's talk real life here, not cyberspace.

The study itself talked about social media though.

Im not sure if the person I was responding to didnt realize that, or if they just want to be like you and completely toss aside the premise of this debate.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post

Most minorities don't get the luxury of living in a cultural bubble.
They are the ones most guilty of it. They create violent neighborhoods and segregate themselves into them creating the cultural bubble that most others don't want anything to do with.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The study itself talked about social media though.

Im not sure if the person I was responding to didnt realize that, or if they just want to be like you and completely toss aside the premise of this debate.
It doesn't count. Those are fake friends, so the article is actually dumb. I don't make friends based on skin color, I make them based on character. How about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies