Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2014, 12:44 AM

31,863 posts, read 14,841,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Right...

That is why woman dominate all sorts of physical competitions... Oh wait, they don't.
I don't think you want to go there
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 12:56 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,844,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You are a piece of work and really degrade women. Most can take care of themselves and probably could kick your ass without a weapon. And I would love a front row seat to that lol
How is what I said degrading to women? How is wanting a woman to have access to an effective tool so they can defend themselves, "degrading" to women?

It's not my side that tells women to pee on their attackers in lieu of carrying a gun, It's not my side that tells women they have to defend themselves by vomitting on an attacker, or telling their attacker they are on their period, that is the anti-gun side. Those were actual suggestions made to young women by a college campus in Colorado.

I want women to be able to defend themselves with a firearm if they choose that, so tell me again how that was "degrading" to women? ???? If you ask me, the ones who are really degrading to women are those that tell them they can't be trusted to carry a firearm for self defense, that is what is degrading to women.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:58 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,774,156 times
Quote:
I don't think you want to go there
I don't want to talk about facts known to everyone except you?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:22 AM

66 posts, read 51,023 times
Quote:
You are a piece of work and really degrade women. Most can take care of themselves and probably could kick your ass without a weapon. And I would love a front row seat to that lol
Those ideas didn't come from him, it came from fellow liberals of yours

Colorado University Advises Students to Urinate, Vomit to Stop Rapists - ABC News

Old 09-01-2014, 05:59 AM

15,455 posts, read 10,376,962 times
"I do agree with you that some teachers I work with - even some with ccw's - i wouldn't trust to carry in my school. This is where the screening by law enforcement & local school administrations comes in. Also, if they couldn't pass periodic firearms training - including scenario situations - then they obviously wouldn't be allowed to carry. I wouldn't want every teacher to carry. No one in their right mind would want this. But one or two in strategic parts of the building could - hopefully - save a few lives one day."

Our district is the 14th largest in the nation. 70% Hispanic. I'd say 1/2 of these Hispanic parents don't speak English (illegals). They don't come to meetings and the kids drop out early. Soooo, most of the good teachers go elsewhere (don't blame them). The administration is embarrassing. We are left with moonbats, so the working middle class and professionals send their kids to private. If law enforcement could find a qualified teacher, fine. Maybe the NRA could help. I have no objects to other districts doing this, the thought of mine doing it gives me heartburn.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM

3,503 posts, read 4,533,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifhsou View Post
Those ideas didn't come from him, it came from fellow liberals of yours

Colorado University Advises Students to Urinate, Vomit to Stop Rapists - ABC News
You are right. I volunteered as Sexual Assault Victim Advocate for a few years. Along the way I have attended seminars on sexual assault and rape.
Those suggestions have been given by experts. The points is that it is a strategy to dissuade a rapist from continuing with his intent. To me saying that it is degrading to women may be an indicator of extreme sensitivity by someone that may use this example as an opportunity to accuse someone as sexist.

Those strategies and others can work also. People have used them to get someone to change his/her mind in committing a crime. Carrying a gun is another one. Actually, in my opinion most people would consider using a gun as the very last resource.

Granted, in the moment of fear and stress some people may go for using a gun right away. Police do that all the time. They get their gun as soon as they feel someone is threat to their lives. They do not take a chance. Are the rest of the population any different when it comes to fear and wanting to protect their lives? Let us keep in mind that the one at fault is the perpetrator, not the victim. The victim should have the right to use whatever tactics he/she deems necessary to protect his/her life.

Also, once a policeman get his gun out he may try to dissuade the individual and if possible wait for a negotiator AND along the way a SWAT team.

The question is, do you want to take the risk of having to wait for the police or protect yourself on the spot and hope the police to handle it later?
It looks that people have differing views, some take the risk and other not to. That is fine but those that oppose it should not impede those that rather have extra protection, my belief. Take care.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:52 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,844,802 times
I have no problems with teachers being allowed to be armed in school. However, I do think they should be held to a higher standard than your every day CCW holder. Their training should be more extensive, longer, and perpetual.

Just my general take.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:57 PM

3,503 posts, read 4,533,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I have no problems with teachers being allowed to be armed in school. However, I do think they should be held to a higher standard than your every day CCW holder. Their training should be more extensive, longer, and perpetual.

Just my general take.
Agreed, not all teachers may have the strength to shoot and kill someone even to defend themselves. It would be counterproductive to have someone armed and hysterical at the same time. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies