Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:47 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What's the difference from same sex sex?
One form of sex has a chance of pregnancy.

The other does not.

Old 08-27-2014, 07:48 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Somebody please enlighten me: if the sexual activity was consensual - and the two persons involved aren't married to other persons - and neither is mentally deficient etc. - then exactly why is this behavior a crime?

There are many things which are repulsive and perhaps even barbarous, but which nevertheless should not be illegal.
It's probably a crime to have sex in public.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:00 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
I support their right to marry.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
From the looks of them I would speculate this is a family tradition.

20yrsinBRanson
Dark rum and pepsi out my nose holes.....

Old 08-27-2014, 08:08 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Aah god; I just got finished cleaning my last laugh-snort mess; now I gotta start over.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:09 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Who cares. Why is this even news?

Old 08-27-2014, 08:15 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
This must be the new "Incest is Best" thread ? Right ?

Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What's the difference from same sex sex?
If they were brothers the lefties would be supporting their "choice", oprah would have them on next week.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

The other does not.
There's no difference, banning and punishing sibling or first-cousin sex (or banning marriage) is part of eugenics and morality laws.

This is why first cousin marriage can get you arrested and the state also may nullify your marriage and take away your kids to foster homes. If you were involved with certain immigrant communities, you'd see them pointing out such hypocrisy on a regular basis but it gets ignored because those who can change that simply pretend they didn't hear it.

I.e. I know I saw an article in the news portals of Bengali folks how several families got arrested in separate cases in Nevada and they not only got arrested but they took their children away and put them into foster homes while imprisoning them. This is a major controversy because LGBT activists happened to praise Nevada over certain acts that promoted "marriage equality" while at the same time praising the fact that they'd be eager to nullify marriages among first cousins, emphasizing how LGBT communities repeatedly harass and use immigrants as a punching bag and "common enemies". Not to talk about certain banners in the South that had hit the nerve with portrayals of supposed illegal immigrants marrying for papers, some of which had racial connotations.
None of these things are reported or emhpasized because "powers that be" happen to ignore it and they play the game over gay marriage that's generally going to be legalized.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not native-born American and my culture doesn't only frown upon first-cousin marriage but also frowns upon further generations (second and even third cousins), but it's so obvious that when you drive through the South and you see a banner depicting a brown, sombrero-wearing guy with some papers and obviously ill-mannered facial expressions, apparently marrying white blonde woman with a message "they are allowed to marry", you can literally sense the hostility and the usage of such hostility to further the case for gay marriage through hatred, persecutions and general hostility towards someone else. And no, I'm not a Mexican either. It just seems that people tend to pretend that they don't see things that don't affect them directly and they're so eager to impose their morality upon others.

All that being said:
1. nobody dares to demand a ban for inter-racial marriages anymore, which was also the part of these "racial purity"/"eugenics"/"morality" laws
2. nobody dares to demand a ban for women over 40 to have children (there's a higher chance of serious deformations for their children than for first cousins)
3. nobody dares to arrest you and take away your children if you practice anal sex, oral sex, use contraceptives or if your wife had an abortion
4. most importantly, nobody dares to demand you to practice sex with your spouse.... oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that! Well, immigrants marrying with native-born citizens are often thoroughly questioned about juicy details and there are certain expectations on their frequency of sex or family setting, to ensure that they aren't plotting a marriage fraud. Pay note that an excuse for a ban to marry your uncle or aunt is exactly the same - although vast majority of people may wish to do that primarily because of healthcare benefits/coverage, not because of sex.

You may have heard of cases where first-cousin couples or sibling couples have been arrested or persecuted and had their perfectly healthy children taken away by the state. This is no different than any other persecution, it may even be the worst type of persecution in the modern world, given the uniformity of society to persecute them and severity of their punishments.

Old 08-27-2014, 08:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post

The other does not.
So?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies