Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times

Advertisements

So when are Whites going to confront Reality? I see more than a few of my fellow Whites that sure has heck do not seem to be dealing with reality very well either, so is anyone going to call us out and tell us to get our "stuff" together? Oh wait, we do not like others telling us how to live or behave and tell those that try to mind their own stinking business.
Never mind.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:28 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Let's not forget it's only been 50 years since black people had any real rights in this country, and even then change didn't happen overnight. Black people in all reality have only been free in this country for 30-40 years. Yes all of that history has shaped the disproportionate problems in our community. Is it really all our fault that we make up almost half the prison population? Is it really our fault over a third of us live in poverty? Is it really our fault that our unemployment rate is 12-13%? If white people had an unemployment rate as high as the black community, we would call that the second Great Depression.

Again, who ultimately has control over that thing between their legs? Who ultimately makes the decision to drop out of high school? White people also make these bad decisions, and they're poorer for it too. Looks like their privilege didn't help them out there. Bad decisions have consequences, and when you have a culture of people that think "hey, not my fault" well, good luck with that.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:29 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So when are Whites going to confront Reality? I see more than a few of my fellow Whites that sure has heck do not seem to be dealing with reality very well either, so is anyone going to call us out and tell us to get our "stuff" together? Oh wait, we do not like others telling us how to live or behave and tell those that try to mind their own stinking business.
Never mind.

Can you reference what you're talking about please?

Old 08-28-2014, 10:30 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,442,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Yes.....it is your fault.

You do need a flag that has "Give Me" on it.
Business wise, black people were better off before integration. The only two problems back then were white people rioting a burning down our communities, and the crappy hand me downs the south tried to pass off as equal. That's why I say black people need to start businesses in their own communities and primarily shop there. Keep all the money in the community and let it build. Follow the pattern that immigrants have made when they came to this country, and create "Blacktowns" all across the country. Then we will be the model minority.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:30 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,327,610 times
Quote:
Never mind.
I do not need anyone to tell me how to act or, live.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:31 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 16 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,524,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Black flight is occurring. Younger and more educated Blacks are fleeing blue states and troubled cities in pursuit of better opportunities elsewhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/us...anted=all&_r=0
Didnt we already have this conversation. 22,000 people per year over a 40 year period leaving the north( becuase as previously stated, your link says nothing about blue or red states; Indiana is a northern state and it is red) is not "flight".

And leaving the city is not the same as leaving the state.

Detroit had 1.8 million people at one point, all those people didnt leave the state, nor where they all black.

Urban "flight" is not the same as leaving the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Business wise, black people were better off before integration. The only two problems back then were white people rioting a burning down our communities, and the crappy hand me downs the south tried to pass off as equal. That's why I say black people need to start businesses in their own communities and primarily shop there. Keep all the money in the community and let it build. Follow the pattern that immigrants have made when they came to this country, and create "Blacktowns" all across the country. Then we will be the model minority.
I think it is a great idea.

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I do not need anyone to tell me how to act or, live.
Now, pretend for a second you are black, and there ya go.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Now, pretend for a second you are black, and there ya go.
LOL.....when I was a late teenager I wanted to be black.

If I was black....I would be in the same place I am today.

I am a minority in my business.......less than one percent of water well drillers are female.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:35 AM

2,409 posts, read 1,442,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
Again, who ultimately has control over that thing between their legs? Who ultimately makes the decision to drop out of high school? White people also make these bad decisions, and they're poorer for it too. Looks like their privilege didn't help them out there. Bad decisions have consequences, and when you have a culture of people that think "hey, not my fault" well, good luck with that.
You have to admit if white people had the problems black people had, the government would leave no stone unturned until the problem was solved. For black people, even though the government put us in the situation to begin with, they do nothing. Not that I want the government to do anything at this point. There should be some white people out there who out of decency should want to lend their wealth toward their fellow black Americans. Yet this country is so greedy, they won't spare one cent in healing old wounds.

Yeah we have the power to fix our community and we must do it, or else many black generations will be lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.