Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,902,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, let me put it this way; 1-I have never posted any doubt as to whether he was or wasn't born in America and 2-my point simply was: had a little more been mentioned about this, instead of just a handful of people bringing it up prior to 2008 maybe the subject would have died before it went on for years and years and years? I am very much aware it was addressed, but it has been talked about a lot more since his election, than it was prior to it. Does that help clarify my point? If not, either way, I really can't say anything more. I am simply trying to explain how the subject could have been handled to shut some people up!!!!!
It's quite simple, really. Either you believe that the president is not eligible, or that something about his birth certificate is not right, or that somehow Obama hasn't been forthcoming enough about every aspect of his life, or didn't move fast enough or proved thoroughly enough to the disbelievers, in which case you are a birther.

Or you know for a fact that the president is eligible and that releasing a state certified birth certificate was absolutely enough, and certainly should be enough for everyone, in which case you are not a birther.

If you qualify your "I am not a birther" claim with "but maybe more should have been done before he was elected to prove one way or the other" that suggests that you don't feel releasing his state certified Hawaiian birth certificate before the election was enough "proof one way or another" for you.

So, which camp does that put you in?

Last edited by HeyJude514; 08-29-2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old 08-29-2014, 12:25 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,196,097 times
Quote:
I am simply trying to explain how the subject could have been handled to shut some people up!!!!!
Here's how Obama handled it: He released a copy of his birth certificate, verified by the proper Hawaiian officials, before the election. That should have been more than enough proof to "shut people up", at least normal people.

However, there is a contingent of people who believe in conspiracies such as the one in the OP. They believe that Obama convinced the state of Hawaii to participate in a scam to cover up his birth in some other country, despite clear evidence to the contrary. (not quite sure how you converse with an entire state, but that's another issue ) No birth certificate, letter from an official, newspaper article, eye witness account, video evidence, etc. is ever going to satisfy them.

Do you really believe there is anything, anything at all, that will shut these people up? If so, what do you think that could possibly be?

Last edited by raindrop101; 08-29-2014 at 12:35 PM..

Old 09-04-2014, 10:31 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,619,857 times
Can someone explain what the supposed motivation here is? The communists couldn't find a single sufficiently liberal, black, muslim person who was born in America, so they had to rig up some false documents to get Obama elected? There are hundreds of millions of people in America, did they really need to H1-B a guy into the country from Kenya who can't even talk in public without a teleprompter and is dumb and wears mom jeans and etc. etc.?

Old 09-04-2014, 02:07 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,079,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Can someone explain what the supposed motivation here is? The communists couldn't find a single sufficiently liberal, black, muslim person who was born in America, so they had to rig up some false documents to get Obama elected? There are hundreds of millions of people in America, did they really need to H1-B a guy into the country from Kenya who can't even talk in public without a teleprompter and is dumb and wears mom jeans and etc. etc.?
Can you explain what you are talking about? No one even birthers have even claimed he was brought in from Kenya or anyplace else. Everyone with a brain knows he was raised and educated in Hawaii until he attended college first at Oxy in Los Angeles, then on to the east coast.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Can you explain what you are talking about? No one even birthers have even claimed he was brought in from Kenya or anyplace else. Everyone with a brain knows he was raised and educated in Hawaii until he attended college first at Oxy in Los Angeles, then on to the east coast.
I'm pretty sure "Obama was born in Kenya" is a key tenent of the birther conspiracy.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:48 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,203 times
Quote:
No one even birthers have even claimed he was brought in from Kenya or anyplace else.
huh!? the vast majority of birthers believe he was born in kenya or outside the US. it's a smaller section that solely believes he was born in the US but is ineligible due to his father's citizenship.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...orn-kenya.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ugust-4-a.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...th-posted.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...bama-born.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l-general.html

Quote:
Everyone with a brain knows he was raised and educated in Hawaii until he attended college first at Oxy in Los Angeles, then on to the east coast.
from ages 6-10 he was raised and educated in indonesia.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 105,079,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
huh!? the vast majority of birthers believe he was born in kenya or outside the US. it's a smaller section that solely believes he was born in the US but is ineligible due to his father's citizenship.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...orn-kenya.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ugust-4-a.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...th-posted.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...bama-born.html

https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...l-general.html

from ages 6-10 he was raised and educated in indonesia.
OFGS. we all know where he spent part of his childhood, but you didn't bother to read the post I was referring to: the poster indicated some birthers think he was brought to America to run for Pres. My point no one thinks he was groomed or planted here from childhood, birthers just question where he was born. The poster was going off on a tangent of some kind.

I am very mush aware of what birthers are claiming, I really don't think I need you to educate me ,thank you!!!!

Old 09-04-2014, 09:15 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,988,538 times
I took a look into my crystal ball to see if anything interesting is happening in the future. This is what I saw:

Jan. 21, 2030 - former president and former first lady Barack and Michelle Obama are guests at the 10 year anniversary party of the Obama Presidential Library in Evanston, Illinois, near Northwestern University. At the $100,000,000 library was a array of former politicians and celebrities like Sarah Palin Trump, Vice President Al Franken, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber. Meanwhile, on City-Data.com some people were posting whether Obama's birth certificate was a forgery, whether the 1969 moon landing was faked, or whether the Holocaust really happened.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:28 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,196,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I took a look into my crystal ball to see if anything interesting is happening in the future. This is what I saw:

Jan. 21, 2030 - former president and former first lady Barack and Michelle Obama are guests at the 10 year anniversary party of the Obama Presidential Library in Evanston, Illinois, near Northwestern University. At the $100,000,000 library was a array of former politicians and celebrities like Sarah Palin Trump, Vice President Al Franken, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber. Meanwhile, on City-Data.com some people were posting whether Obama's birth certificate was a forgery, whether the 1969 moon landing was faked, or whether the Holocaust really happened.
I would love to see an entire wall at his library decorated with framed copies of his birth certificate, his college acceptance letters, his thesis, and, just for fun, his kindergarten report card.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
OFGS. we all know where he spent part of his childhood, but you didn't bother to read the post I was referring to: the poster indicated some birthers think he was brought to America to run for Pres. My point no one thinks he was groomed or planted here from childhood, birthers just question where he was born. The poster was going off on a tangent of some kind.

I am very mush aware of what birthers are claiming, I really don't think I need you to educate me ,thank you!!!!
No, my point was, why would there be a conspiracy at all? Why would officials cover for Obama instead of just electing someone American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies