Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2014, 08:18 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why are you folks getting so froggy?

Simply put, I'm not worried about ISIS. I don't know what else to tell you. But there's nothing you can say to make me fearful.
We have people just like them here and close by MS13.......wait until they become brothers with a fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 08:18 AM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You said you would be worried if they came to your towni
Nah, only to his front door. Oh, and then he took that back and said if they kill him, oh well, because everybody's got to die sometime. He doesn't care, and that's fine. It's probably a good thing he's not in the military.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You said you would be worried if they came to your towni
Not even my town...they'd have to be at my door. Lol

Literally.

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
A major attack on the east cost will still go to his town.

It will get there because the economy will take a dive.
So his. Answer is he will worried when Isis Carrys out an attack

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times
Quote:
We shouldn't have allies and no nation should ever count on us.

This country wasn't set up as a shoulder to cry on.
Yet you probably think we should take in and grant amnesty to other nations' illegals coming over our border, right?

So are other nations and their citizens our problem, or not? Can't have it both ways.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:20 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
He would have been better off having no press conference at all rather than say nothing. Solutions to ISIS are extremely complicated, not sure if we were ever in a position where attacking one enemy would directly help another. This will take time and we should not go it alone

Old 08-29-2014, 08:21 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Not even my town...they'd have to be at my door. Lol

Literally.
Ok so. You do not care about other Americans being attacked by Isis so you prefer you taking care of yourself and everyone else takes care of themselves

Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
From his snap news conference today.

Obama On Dealing With ISIS

The Military doesn't have a strategy, Obama doesn't have a strategy. The Intelligence people have no clue about what is going on.

Situation is chaos and another 150 people were executed by the Head Choppers. I guess we are waiting for the next video of a Journalist that has lost his head. News is bad coming from Russia's move on Ukraine, and not so good with the Chinese buzzing our planes.

On the upside for Obama - he has another Fund Raiser this weekend and a wedding, hope he can work in a relaxing Golf Game so he can "think" and "clear his head".
The Pres. comes out and tells the press the truth. Its a lot better then WMD and we have to take over to advance Democracy.

I like the way it is being handled. I like the idea that we are using air power. Maybe the House and Senate need to get involved. Oh wait they are hiding out trying to get reelected.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Nah, only to his front door. Oh, and then he took that back and said if they kill him, oh well, because everybody's got to die sometime. He doesn't care, and that's fine. It's probably a good thing he's not in the military.
I'm a former 11C1P....That's an airborne infantryman. I was in the 1/509th and the 4/325th ABCT in Vicenza, Italy.

I did my time so don't come at me with that military crap. That's irrelevant.

Simply put, I don't buy every threat just because Fox News anchors are hysterical about it.

Old 08-29-2014, 08:25 AM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I am asking why do we need to fight with people on the ground? Many options are available, why are you only thinking of sending bodies to fight? Are you thinking all of this isn't going to be WW3 if we just sit.

After all, if we just pull out and mind our own business they will leave us alone, correct?
Please list these options and tell Obama to follow your plan.

To answer your question, my answer is "I don't know"

What I do know is this:

Radical Islam is a militant, politically activist ideology. One thousand of them die, one thousands more will pop up like cockroaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies