Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:41 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

We have no business being in any of these places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2014, 01:42 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
I don't disagree that there won't be an "invasion". (Another GREAT reason for the pro 2A stance) However, I don't want to end up like Israel (figuratively speaking with constant bombarding of rockets etc) Or even Britain for that matter. Terrorist bombings, heightened state of alert all the time. Not something we should have to put up with.

Liberal policies in Great Britain are starting to show the horrible effects.

I"m guessing you would not be for CLOSING ALL of our borders either though. You cannot have it both ways.

One of the reasons these wars end up so costly and long is that liberals don't have the guts to allow us to finish a war.

we could decimate ISIS if we did it correctly and wouldn't amass many casualties of our own. Yes, some innocents are going to die. But it's better than Americans dying.

Holding back our military is foolish. So my stance is, if we are going to do it, finish the job. wipe out every single person that is a threat. Period. No mercy.

otherwise, back into our corner and hole ourselves up. Block off our borders and make sure WE are protected. Don't be the world's police. I could live with that.

Unfortunately, the left has a mission of winning elections so they need open borders (and race "wars") in order to secure them as voters. Therefore, we can't do it your way.

You CANNOT have it both ways. So, which do you want? Close the borders or wipe out ALL of our enemies. You have to pick one.

Because if you don't pick one, our kids are going to be fighting both of them.
Excellent post, and indicative of the issue. Half hearted military responses do not solve problems. Force only solves a problem if enough is used. If a group is robbing you and you slap one them. They are going to beat you down. If you shoot all of them the problem is resolved.

Old 08-29-2014, 03:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
In Iraq, first there was Saddam and the Republican Guard, then there was the Sunni Bombers, then there was Al Queda, now there is ISIS, then there will be another militant faction developing after them as well because that is what those people do.
Just keep killing terrorists.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:25 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
when there is a terrorist attack on US soil due to liberal inaction, don't whine when you get the blame.

Obama's hesitation on decision making already got an American's head cut off.

Don't think for a second that these open borders the left is cheering for will not end up with ISIS fighters coming through. It is believed that there are already many of them here.

So when they contaminate water supplies, sabotage power grids and commit mass murders, we will blame YOU.
Like I said, if you're really that worried, donate money privately, or go volunteer over there. But we know you won't do that. You will pressure our officials to use my tax dollars to pay for your own concerns.

Old 08-30-2014, 12:47 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The money spent in Iraq is authorized by the US Constitution.

To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
That last part is really where declaration of war comes in. Absolutely none of the things mentioned were present when we went into Iraq. No American laws were violated (because they don't exist in Iraq), no insurrections, and certainly no invasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
Like I said, if you're really that worried, donate money privately, or go volunteer over there. But we know you won't do that. You will pressure our officials to use my tax dollars to pay for your own concerns.
To whom would you donate for that? I seriously don't think you fully understand what you're telling people to do. What do you mean 'volunteer over there.' Like, join the military, or a private military? That's a pretty hefty form of voluntarism.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:07 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
You war mongering liberals have already launched attacks over there. You did it without a military plan too.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:12 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,717,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You war mongering liberals have already launched attacks over there. You did it without a military plan too.
Somebody benefits dont they? We spend $820 billion for Defense and VA...thats right up the Republican-Conservative base. I dont hear a lot of complaining from the Republican Neo-Cons and even the Tea Party types. Most Tea Party types love Defense-VA spending..more money for me less money for thee.

Old 08-30-2014, 06:19 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,859,957 times

Old 09-02-2014, 06:08 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Excellent post, and indicative of the issue. Half hearted military responses do not solve problems. Force only solves a problem if enough is used. If a group is robbing you and you slap one them. They are going to beat you down. If you shoot all of them the problem is resolved.
People with comments about massive forced to stomp out rebel groups need to read about military history. American's should have learned their lesson in Vietnam. No matter how many bombs dropped or troops you send over, rebels and locals will keep fighting and resisting. Self defense of our homeland should be the only concern of the military.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:15 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Conservatives are acting like U.S. Tax dollars are their personal line of credit for their odd obsession with Middle East conflicts, calling for the president to use large scale military action. If you personally are convicted for Syrias and Iraqs problems, there are private organizations you can donate to, and you can volunteer to go over there and help as well. Just stop using MY hard earned tax dollars for your obsession and paranoia of Middle East conflicts. I'm already being forced to help pay back trillions spent in Iraq, which my senators didn't even vote for, and that war accomplished nothing. If these third world terrorist ever manage to make it over here, our military, law enforcement, and my personal stash of firearms will be waiting for them. If you want to take preemptive action, do it on your own and stop requesting that my tax dollars be used for it.

In addition, stop calling yourself fiscally conservative, when you support dumping money to Middle East problems. Stop saying you want American dollars to stay in America, when you constantly request money to be spent on foreign policy. Stop saying you are concerned with hard working Americans being able to keep most of what they make, when you want to spend trillions more on Iraq and Syria, which will force us to go into more debt and pressure congress to increase taxes.
Deal. If you agree to repeal Taxpayer funded Obamacare and agree to never again seek out any form of taxpayer funded healthcare.

Yay or nay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies