Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 06:18 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Deal. If you agree to repeal Taxpayer funded Obamacare and agree to never again seek out any form of taxpayer funded healthcare.

Yay or nay?
Oh I'm yay all the way. I'm sick of you conservatives using my money for wars, and the democrats for using my money for welfare. I want you both to GET OUT OF MY POCKET. Pay for you own healthcare, pay your own bills and cut out welfare, and pay for your own middle eastern wars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 06:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,883,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surftown831 View Post
People with comments about massive forced to stomp out rebel groups need to read about military history. American's should have learned their lesson in Vietnam. No matter how many bombs dropped or troops you send over, rebels and locals will keep fighting and resisting. Self defense of our homeland should be the only concern of the military.
The point is use enough force to get the job done or keep your nose out of it and show respect. If the amount of force necessary to get the job done is more than is worth it from a practical or moral perspective then do the latter. Since the amount of force that would have been necessary to "win" Vietnam was far above the value of doing so we should have never been there in the first place. Same thing with trying to reconstruct Afghanistan post-invasion (don't get me wrong it was worth killing the Taliban, but we should have left afterward) or toppling Saddam and trying to reconstruct the country afterward.

Alternatively, if the job is worth doing do it right. See; WW II, Korea.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Alternatively, if the job is worth doing do it right. See; WW II, Korea.
Both of those examples require permanent occupation though. We still have troops all over Axis countries and still have troops in South Korea. That is very expensive to maintain. If you want it, you pay for it. Just don't use my tax dollars.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Oh I'm yay all the way. I'm sick of you conservatives using my money for wars, and the democrats for using my money for welfare. I want you both to GET OUT OF MY POCKET. Pay for you own healthcare, pay your own bills and cut out welfare, and pay for your own middle eastern wars.
So, your grievances are less about conservatives and more about the overreach of the United States Government.

Welcome to the tea party my friend! What took you so long?!

Old 09-02-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
So, your grievances are less about conservatives and more about the overreach of the United States Government.

Welcome to the tea party my friend! What took you so long?!
No, the tea party is just gimmick name for conservative Republicans who don't want to affiliate themselves with the Republican Party right now because of how bad it ruined the country and how much money they spent from 2000-2008. Every tea party politician I've seen is socially conservative and is calling for more military action (aka more money spent) in the middle east. The tea party will eventually merge back into the conservative Republican fold where it belongs.

Unlike them, I'm a true fiscal conservative who wants welfare AND middle east military action to be cut from the budget.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:39 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Except the founding fathers were referring to suppressing domestic insurrections. It's the modern day neo-con who has become obsessed with trying to suppress every foreign insurrection.
So you are for genocide.

Nice to know.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:39 PM

86 posts, read 95,117 times
Quote:
Conservatives are acting like U.S. Tax dollars are their personal line of credit for their odd obsession with Middle East conflicts, calling for the president to use large scale military action. If you personally are convicted for Syrias and Iraqs problems, there are private organizations you can donate to, and you can volunteer to go over there and help as well. Just stop using MY hard earned tax dollars for your obsession and paranoia of Middle East conflicts. I'm already being forced to help pay back trillions spent in Iraq, which my senators didn't even vote for, and that war accomplished nothing. If these third world terrorist ever manage to make it over here, our military, law enforcement, and my personal stash of firearms will be waiting for them. If you want to take preemptive action, do it on your own and stop requesting that my tax dollars be used for it.

In addition, stop calling yourself fiscally conservative, when you support dumping money to Middle East problems. Stop saying you want American dollars to stay in America, when you constantly request money to be spent on foreign policy. Stop saying you are concerned with hard working Americans being able to keep most of what they make, when you want to spend trillions more on Iraq and Syria, which will force us to go into more debt and pressure congress to increase taxes.
Yeah, it is terrible. This is what our tax-dollars go to. I don’t think it would fly among Americans if they had an idea of what is going on there....

Old 09-02-2014, 06:49 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
It seems it6 a democrat in charge and after picking 7+ billion for his special interest. But then with 40+ % paying no actual federal income tax and 60+% paying less than service not many are actually paying anything in any picking of pockets. In fact more and more the rich are the funders of government.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:52 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The money spent in Iraq is authorized by the US Constitution.

To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

How does this work when the US is the invader?

Old 09-02-2014, 06:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sorry but no. We don't get to pick and choose, if our government who we elected chooses this path we all pay. Its not optional. Just as they have to pay for things they don't like, suggesting they donate and bear the burden for what our mutual government does is foolish.
Actually we don't pay which is why the US government has been in debt in all but one year, 1825.

I really have no problem with war so long as corporate and individual tax rates are immediately increased to pay as you war and the 40 year aftershock of veteran disability benefits. If the people had been expected to pay for the whole defense/ military/foreign military aid thing all along, I suspect, the US would have done a better job of minding its own business, all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies