Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 04:23 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times

Advertisements

Is there a microchip implant in your future? | Fox News
Quote:
Microchip implants like the ones pet owners use to track their dogs and cats could become commonplace in humans in the next decade. Experts are divided on whether they’re appropriate for people, but the implants could offer several advantages. For soldiers and journalists in war zones, an implant could be the difference between life and death. A tracker could also help law enforcement quickly locate a kidnapped child.
This article tries very hard to paint a rosy picture of a society of people with microchips implanted under their skin while just briefly touching upon any potential downfalls. It predicts that this type of technology will be commonplace within the next decade. The article notes that these chips are already used to manage farm animals, so why not people too? Sound good? I'm curious to see what people think about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2014, 04:29 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
I guess it depends on how these microchips are being use and who can access their data. If a parent who has control issues puts on in their child so they can run off, I guess that's ok (I find is repulsive and would never do that to my child when I have one but sadly that parent has a right to do that). If governments are doing it to monitor their people even further... that's bad. Even if they just use it to say... find missing individuals. That's ok, but it wouldn't take much for someone to turn that into a control system.

All in all, I'd say microchip implanting technology is mostly a negative.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:29 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Is there a microchip implant in your future? | Fox News

This article tries very hard to paint a rosy picture of a society of people with microchips implanted under their skin while just briefly touching upon any potential downfalls. It predicts that this type of technology will be commonplace within the next decade. The article notes that these chips are already used to manage farm animals, so why not people too? Sound good? I'm curious to see what people think about this.
Thanks but I'll pass. I don't need managing.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,459,826 times
I am far from a conspiracy theorist and I've made many posts calling out the conspiracy theorists on our forum. With that being said, I see far too much potential for nefarious uses by government and others. I don't think any benefits outweigh this potential.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:43 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
This was supposed to happen back in the 90s but never did. I know there is a CT that the globalists will require everyone to get a chip for ID and currency and if they don't like you then they just turn off your chip. Conspiracy theory or no, I would rather not be tagged like a farm animal.

Old 08-30-2014, 04:45 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
You are only against being microchipped if you have something to hide.

You will obey!

Old 08-30-2014, 04:46 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
Not a F*%king Chance in He@@

Old 08-30-2014, 05:02 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby06 View Post
Not a F*%king Chance in He@@
Over my dead body. Sounds to much like an Obama plan. jk

Old 08-30-2014, 05:28 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
Brain implants are also being proposed for things like depression, PTSD, ALS, Alzheimer's. How do people feel about these chips being used for these types of purposes? This is also being discussed in the media a lot lately. The research is being funded by DARPA and is a part of the White's House's Brain Initiative.
Could depression be cured by a microchip in your BRAIN? | Mail Online

Old 08-30-2014, 05:30 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
many people are acting like animals. not farm animals more like wolves. chip them and the billion dollar criminal system will disappear. 19% of americans are felons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies