Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should black Americans have their own country?
Yes, that's a great idea 34 33.66%
No, are you crazy? 67 66.34%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 08:31 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times

Advertisements

LOL @ the stuff people come up with on this forum.

And what about mixed people? Also Africans, Afro-Caribbeans and Afro-Latinos. People who came here willingly already have home nations and tend to be indifferent regarding whites.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj21 View Post
Erm. I don't know if this was directed towards me. But if it was, no one that I can think of..or at least have learned in institutionalized education.
I believe you are correct; the answer is no one.

However, it's sort of hard to really give a concrete answer to that. The Native American population was very culturally diverse, and it becomes even more noticeable when you compare that natives of northern Canada to that of the Incas in western South America. It's not impossible that certain cultural groups, whom we simply call Native Americas, or Indians if you're ok with that label (which I personally find incredibly stupid as India is an actual country; the only reason we called the Native Americans Indians is because those who "found" America thought they landed in India and for whatever reason, that mistake stuck), could have been whipped out or forced to assimilate.

But in terms of another broad group, before Europeans came, there were Indigenous Americans, and before them, there were not human beings (that we know of) living in the Americas.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:34 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
If Black people wanted self determination then they wouldn't have demanded to live in White neighborhoods and send their kids to White schools. You think having a Black representatives in government is self determination? If that's the case then I expect you not to complain about Blacks being oppressed by Whites in the future.
I’m going to have to start my response off with a question. How many black people do you personally know, and in what way did they influence your opinion? Do you know how many black legislators there have been over the years that have affected both black citizens and citizens of other races here in America? Truth be told, black people do not send their children to white neighborhoods to so they can hang around white children!!! There is a big difference in how many and what types of resources are available in different areas.

That said, blacks do have a certain level of self determination. There are actual blacks that determine what you can do, how you can do it, and what is socially acceptable to YOU as well… White conservative oppression aside we will overcome and those who oppose the righteous will just have to deal with it. If they want to or not…

Old 08-30-2014, 08:39 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Yes it was directed to you. I wonder if there was anyone here before them....some discoveries that have been hushed up and hidden somewhat say there was..
There more likely was not. It's sort of hard to determine a concrete answer to this though.

Based on anthropology, humans only existed in continents that touched Africa (which is where the first humans likely came into existence). Since there was no way to reach the Western Hemisphere, humans didn't exist there. However, I'm sure you've heard of 'the land bridge' which was the space between Russian and Alaska. It's normally ocean, but the prevalence of glaciers made it possible to travel from Asia to the Americas. Essentially, Native Americans are Asian.

Our current view of Native Americans as a broad group can make it hard to say if another cultural group that would share substantial differences with what we know as Native Americans existed. Since no other 'race' would have logically been capable of reaching the Americas, it's extremely unlikely that anyone else was there. Could certain of smaller groups (we could call them tribes) have been wiped out by other tribes? Yeah, but that's not much different from France going to war with Spain.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:44 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Tomming around is called out by others so you can't really self-appoint that title. That said being Afrocentric requires studying. Most of the lower level economic black areas are in the predicament that they are in because the of a lack of Afrocentric studying... Busing in white folk is/was never the answer to poverty in the black community and the suggestion is rooted in white supremacist ideology...
I probably should have used the word Afrocentrism or even Africentrism!

Both words defining the cultural and political movement whose mainly African American adherents regard themselves and all other blacks as syncretic Africans and believe that their world view should positively reflect traditional African values.

Blacks are tribal in nature and can be seen in examples where blacks are overwhelmingly killing blacks (Detroit, Chicago etc) and no rioting or outbursts.

A white kills one black and ...

Old 08-30-2014, 08:46 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I’m going to have to start my response off with a question. How many black people do you personally know, and in what way did they influence your opinion? Do you know how many black legislators there have been over the years that have affected both black citizens and citizens of other races here in America? Truth be told, black people do not send their children to white neighborhoods to so they can hang around white children!!! There is a big difference in how many and what types of resources are available in different areas.

That said, blacks do have a certain level of self determination. There are actual blacks that determine what you can do, how you can do it, and what is socially acceptable to YOU as well… White conservative oppression aside we will overcome and those who oppose the righteous will just have to deal with it. If they want to or not…
It's obvious to me that you don't have a clear understanding of what self determination is. You don't seem to think that Black people have full control of their own destinies, yet you claim that Black people have self determination. Can you not see the contradiction?

The resources that are available in White areas exist because of the people that live there. Black areas tend to lack "resources" such as good schools, access to jobs, healthy foods and so on because of the poor environment created by the inhabitants of those areas.

And if White conservative oppression is such a force in Black lives, then Black people should be making it their goal to get away from Whites, not integrating with them.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:47 PM

430 posts, read 379,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
There more likely was not. It's sort of hard to determine a concrete answer to this though.

Based on anthropology, humans only existed in continents that touched Africa (which is where the first humans likely came into existence). Since there was no way to reach the Western Hemisphere, humans didn't exist there. However, I'm sure you've heard of 'the land bridge' which was the space between Russian and Alaska. It's normally ocean, but the prevalence of glaciers made it possible to travel from Asia to the Americas. Essentially, Native Americans are Asian.

Our current view of Native Americans as a broad group can make it hard to say if another cultural group that would share substantial differences with what we know as Native Americans existed. Since no other 'race' would have logically been capable of reaching the Americas, it's extremely unlikely that anyone else was there. Could certain of smaller groups (we could call them tribes) have been wiped out by other tribes? Yeah, but that's not much different from France going to war with Spain.
New evidence suggests Stone Age hunters from Europe discovered America - Americas - World - The Independent

Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM

430 posts, read 379,790 times
UN Covenant on Civil and Political Rights

PART 1

Article 1

All peoples have the right of self-determination. By virtue of that right they freely determine their political status and freely pursue their economic, social and cultural development.
All peoples may, for their own ends, freely dispose of their natural wealth and resources without prejudice to any obligations arising out of international economic co-operation, based upon the principle of mutual benefit, and international law. In no case may a people be deprived of its own means of subsistence.
The States Parties to the present Covenant, including those having responsibility for the administration of Non-Self-Governing and Trust Territories, shall promote the realization of the right of self-determination, and shall respect that right, in conformity with the provisions of the Charter of the United Nations.

According to the UN EVERY people has a right to Self Determination.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:58 PM

1,922 posts, read 3,985,992 times
Interesting. I'd like to learn more about this.

Questions I had while reading this:

1. Were they unable to survive due to the differentiating region in which they originated from?
2. Did they continue to migrate and settle in other areas of the Americas
3. Did they ultimately go back to Europe? While some stayed with the Native American "Indians"?

Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,999,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Blacks are tribal in nature and can be seen in examples where blacks are overwhelmingly killing blacks (Detroit, Chicago etc) and no rioting or outbursts.

A white kills one black and ...
Would you rather have all Blacks go back to Africa? Would that be your dream come true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies