Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:08 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
We are already bombing them. And I don't hear libs complaining. But when Cruz calls for more bombing to the point taking out as many as possible, libs whine. If we are going to bomb them at all, which we are, might as well make it count and do so with a real purpose.
It takes a little time for libs to comprehend what is going on in the world. They probably really don't know that Obama did what he promised them he would do and actually did remove our troops from Iraq. Now, after ISIS has taken over and threatening the entire region because Obama kept his promise, he has had to backpedal and order our troops back to Iraq and has begun his bombing campaign. All this while Congress was on vacation. It is truly Obama's Iraqi War. The "cons" as we are called by the liberals, have absolutely nothing to do with starting this war. This war was started solely by Obama without a plan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
You may not be old enough to remember the aftermath of 9/11, but you really should go back and read up on it. Instead of going after OBL in Afghanistan, Cheney/Bush/Rumsfeld/Perle decided it would be a good cover to go after Sadaam. Iraq was a secular state at that time--there were not many muslim terrorists hanging around (Sadaam did not like them) until the neocons opened the door for them. Now you complain that you don't like the way Obama is cleaning up their mess. Unbelievable.
I'm older than you are. I remember it all. Vividly. Point remains, (1) Bush left office - Iraq secure and our military present. (2) Obama removes our military from Iraq, (3) ISIS fills vacuum left by Obama, (4) Obama orders troops back to Iraq and begins bombing campaign against ISIS.

Those are the facts. Accept them and get used to them. This is not Bush's war. Bush has been gone for SIX YEARS!! This is Obama's War. There was no "mess" to clean up when Bush left office. Iraq was secure at that time.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

Because Cruz' strategy is a step backward. You are probably right that we're going to keep on dropping bombs anyway, but I submit that the reason we are dropping them has nothing to do with whether or not we have any evidence that those bombs have in the past or will in the future "count" toward any desirable purpose. Seems to me it's more a yellowjacket response - emotionally satisfying to some, but utterly mindless and ultimately counterproductive to our own longterm interest.
We're killing the snot out of old trucks. We killed 4 old trucks yesterday at a cost of 7.5 Million dollars. LOL!!

Old 08-31-2014, 03:16 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
What warheads don't have residual radioactivity?
Fusion weapons on air burst have minimal radiation output.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:19 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
I'm older than you are. I remember it all. Vividly. Point remains, (1) Bush left office - Iraq secure and our military present. (2) Obama removes our military from Iraq, (3) ISIS fills vacuum left by Obama, (4) Obama orders troops back to Iraq and begins bombing campaign against ISIS.
Then why do you fail to remember Bush left office with a signed agreement including a timeline for the troop withdrawal you now attempt to attribute to Obama?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:21 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Your vivid imagination forgets that the Iraqi government wanted us out, Bush negotiated a withdrawl schedule, started the drawdown, and Obama followed that schedule. You also have an odd definition of 'secure'.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:23 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
I've got a great idea why don't ted cruz, dick cheney, and the rest of the motley crew of war mongers hijack there own plane and ride off to them middle east and bomb them themselves. It'll be like watching The Expendables (fat white out of shape edition)
I can agree with those sentiments, but ONLY if obama, reid, boehner, and all the others in leadership positions in the CURRENT administration are up there, leading from the FRONT, not watching from behind.
That should, of course, include the Joint Chiefs, the grand high muck-a-mucks of the military!

On that note, having been a participant in the Vietnam limited war unpleasantness, if obama wants to go to war, then he should DO IT! No *****-footing around, go all out to WIN. If that has to include nukes, so be it. Let the other side know that the option is on the table at all times. If it means sending fully loaded B-52s over there to unload, do it!
Either fight the war to win, or don't bother getting involved.
NO MORE "limited war". Either go for all the marbles or stay home!

Old 08-31-2014, 03:33 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Back? I think bombing them to the stone age would actually advance them - sociologically, if not technologically. These people are so barbaric I think the stone age would be an improvement.
That's swell. When does he plan to enlist in the Reserves?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Then why do you fail to remember Bush left office with a signed agreement including a timeline for the troop withdrawal you now attempt to attribute to Obama?
I guess you are right. Obama, as President of the United States, had no power to negotiate anything at all himself. LOL!! You know full well that it was Obama's promise to withdraw all troops from Iraq. He wanted to withdraw the troops. Nothing George Bush signed was binding on him as President. Obama kept his campaign promise, then had to back pedal after ISIS moved in. Please at least make some feenle attempt at common sense.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:52 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Well the last time I checked, Clinton threw down a nice few bombs and Obama has been bombing the **** out of AQ all over the middle east. As such, your liberal way comment is not intelligent. Perhaps you might want to read about what you're talking about before you start with the emotional whining.
Yeah, we see how well that's worked out for us, eh?

You act like AQ is "on it's heels" or something like that. Care to clarify? Or are you mindlessly parroting Barack Obama without any independent thought of your own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies