Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:00 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
Yet you never seen a black person out of 40+ million have one idea that made them multi-billionaires. That's because we don't have the resources nor knowledge to compete on a global level. Yet in any case, I don't care so much for the individual right now. The problem is the group. When the group is successful, an individual then can compete on an equal platform.

The problem about fighting for integration was we were the only ones who wanted to integrate. Segregation wasn't the real issue. The issue was equality among groups. Black people were at the bottom, and we thought by integrating, our problems would be solved. Yet how can you integrate when no one wants to integrate with you? So we left our communities behind trying to join in the larger white community, and all you saw was white flight. Yet all the businesses that we left had to fold up, and they were the only things that supported us. We need to go back to that old model and look at how immigrants form enclaves. (And white people have their enclave to. Let's be real. The only group that is stupid enough to not have one, is black people. I'm sad to say it like that.)

Good for you. The only thing is most who look like you are still in the ditch. When they finally perish, that is going to catch up with you and your family. It's going to catch up to all of us. We owe it to our ancestors and ourselves to be successful as a group and enjoy the wealth of this nation.
I did not have the skills.....I learned.

You want things given to you.

You want to start at the top......businesses are not like that.

One thing I will take back.....do not open a business....you will fail.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:00 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Yet you never seen a black person out of 40+ million have one idea that made them multi-billionaires. That's because we don't have the resources nor knowledge to compete on a global level. Yet in any case, I don't care so much for the individual right now. The problem is the group. When the group is successful, an individual then can compete on an equal platform.

The problem about fighting for integration was we were the only ones who wanted to integrate. Segregation wasn't the real issue. The issue was equality among groups. Black people were at the bottom, and we thought by integrating, our problems would be solved. Yet how can you integrate when no one wants to integrate with you? So we left our communities behind trying to join in the larger white community, and all you saw was white flight. Yet all the businesses that we left had to fold up, and they were the only things that supported us. We need to go back to that old model and look at how immigrants form enclaves. (And white people have their enclave to. Let's be real. The only group that is stupid enough to not have one, is black people. I'm sad to say it like that.)

Good for you. The only thing is most who look like you are still in the ditch. When they finally perish, that is going to catch up with you and your family. It's going to catch up to all of us. We owe it to our ancestors and ourselves to be successful as a group and enjoy the wealth of this nation.
Great you feel this way, you have that right, but on that same hand, don't forget, more than likely some of your ancestors are also white.

Also, since there are also many other black business owners that are very successful, maybe just maybe if you would get away from impoverished black people you will find out that it is only a certain segment of our skin color that is having the problems you speak of.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:02 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
They have black towns here. Check out Irvington, Newark, Camden and trenton.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
The big brothers need to be lawyers, accountants, business owners, etc.
They have likely moved.....to white areas.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Great you feel this way, you have that right, but on that same hand, don't forget, more than likely some of your ancestors are also white.

Also, since there are also many other black business owners that are very successful, maybe just maybe if you would get away from impoverished black people you will find out that it is only a certain segment of our skin color that is having the problems you speak of.
Project 21 - Black Conservative Leadership Network

Old 08-31-2014, 04:08 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
This is great and yes I know about it already. I do a lot of business education for people and I try to help out those who are struggling, but on the same hand, I do not fully support any organization whether it is a good thing or not that is based on skin color.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:10 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,258 times
I think that it will take time. It will take role models, and it has to take young parents to make sure their kids don't have kids at a young age and have to depend on welfare. It has to begging with unity.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:13 PM

2,412 posts, read 1,447,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Heavenese- re white flight.. yes it happens. It may even be happening now in some places.

There was a suburb outside Chicago that was going to be white flight, but the people running the town got together and encouraged the white residents to stay, they said if they all didn't leave at one time, the feared property values would not go down.. The citizens listened and it worked out ok after all. Its a suburb around 159th street, the name escapes me.

the movie "A Raisin in the Sun" was very interesting about that very subject about neighborhoods not wanting blacks. This was a nice family too.
It's just a problem though that black people have to integrate at all to improve their lives. That they have to leave their community just to see equality. It's a self defeating belief, and one we've been engineered to accept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I did not have the skills.....I learned.

You want things given to you.

You want to start at the top......businesses are not like that.

One thing I will take back.....do not open a business....you will fail.
Again I don't care about individual success. Yet I can tell you I will only go so far as a black man when it comes to business. That is if I want to have a global business, something on the scale of Bill Gates' Microsoft. No black person has those kinds of resources to compete on a global level.

Quote:

Yeah we have so many successful black business people, that black people are at the bottom of every statistic known to man. Oh, I'm so happy we have a couple of hundred successful black business people! (Of course this is sarcasm. They are doing nothing for their community.)

Old 08-31-2014, 04:15 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,229 times
Quote:
This is great and yes I know about it already. I do a lot of business education for people and I try to help out those who are struggling, but on the same hand, I do not fully support any organization whether it is a good thing or not that is based on skin color.
I understand completely.

I just want folks to see the other side.

I get so tired of the excuses for failure and as many of us know: You hang with bums, you get the bum mindset.

You hang around success, it may rub off
!

Old 08-31-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
It's just a problem though that black people have to integrate at all to improve their lives. That they have to leave their community just to see equality. It's a self defeating belief, and one we've been engineered to accept.

Again I don't care about individual success. Yet I can tell you I will only go so far as a black man when it comes to business. That is if I want to have a global business, something on the scale of Bill Gates' Microsoft. No black person has those kinds of resources to compete on a global level.

Yeah we have so many successful black business people, that black people are at the bottom of every statistic known to man. Oh, I'm so happy we have a couple of hundred successful black business people! (Of course this is sarcasm. They are doing nothing for their community.)
Dream on.....keep your day job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies