Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 04:16 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
They have likely moved.....to white areas.
If i lived in a ghetto, and I got skills to make my life better, I would also leave.

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenese View Post
It's just a problem though that black people have to integrate at all to improve their lives. That they have to leave their community just to see equality. It's a self defeating belief, and one we've been engineered to accept.

Again I don't care about individual success. Yet I can tell you I will only go so far as a black man when it comes to business. That is if I want to have a global business, something on the scale of Bill Gates' Microsoft. No black person has those kinds of resources to compete on a global level.

Yeah we have so many successful black business people, that black people are at the bottom of every statistic known to man. Oh, I'm so happy we have a couple of hundred successful black business people! (Of course this is sarcasm. They are doing nothing for their community.)
Yes most of them are doing something for their community, just like I am. I volunteer at the private school where my kids go, I donate time and money to the youth baseball league,the local food pantry and my church. My community is where I live, it is made up of anyone that lives here regardless of ethnic background.

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I understand completely.

I just want folks to see the other side.

I get so tired of the excuses for failure and as many of us know: You hang with bums, you get the bum mindset.

You hang around success, it may rub off
!
So very true!!!!!

Old 08-31-2014, 04:18 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
what about south and west sides of Chicago? Your idea is working very well there.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:19 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,461,778 times
I think that it will take time. It will take role models, and it has to take young parents to make sure their kids don't have kids at a young age and have to depend on welfare. It has to begging with unity.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
The main problem in the black community is we don't own nothing.
Pretty much stopped reading right there. Whats the problem again?

Old 08-31-2014, 04:20 PM

Heavenese - maybe you can start with one business, hire good people and make that successful. Of course you cannot ONLY hire blacks, because that is discrimination. However there are some companies that are majorly black like the guy named Johnson who started the business that makes Ultra Sheen products and also the black radio station here WVON, thats pretty much a black business. I dont know the ratio of races who work there.

Maybe do like Wendy Williams, the TV show hostess. She is pretty cool.,,, she has one person that she talks to on set, her camera person/producer - this white lady is always seen next to a camera, but i think Wendy calls her the producer. So maybe thats the answer. Build a successful business with everyone who has skills and is not a loser. Start with that. You can do a lot of good even with one business.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:20 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
If i lived in a ghetto, and I got skills to make my life better, I would also leave.
Which i what you should do. I grew up here in a small town in Central Illinois, but my wife grew up in the Roseland neighborhood. Once she became an age of majority, she saved up here money, and moved away, not even just out of the neighborhood but out of Chicago completely. She will tell you, it was the best move she could have ever made. She was able so seek opportunity that is really not available in the impoverished ghettos.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Which i what you should do. I grew up here in a small town in Central Illinois, but my wife grew up in the Roseland neighborhood. Once she became an age of majority, she saved up here money, and moved away, not even just out of the neighborhood but out of Chicago completely. She will tell you, it was the best move she could have ever made. She was able so seek opportunity that is really not available in the impoverished ghettos.
oh yeah Roseland is pretty sad. Also West Pullman (not Pullman, but West Pullman). Good for getting outta there.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:22 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Yeah we have so many successful black business people, that black people are at the bottom of every statistic known to man. Oh, I'm so happy we have a couple of hundred successful black business people! (Of course this is sarcasm. They are doing nothing for their community.)
They owe you or anyone else nothing!

I suspect that they (The successful) didn't sit around whining about how bad things are, how mean and cruel whitey is to them and got off their butts and went to work!?

I'd even bet that they are disappointed in all of the excuses for the failure of the black majority and would prefer that the blacks look for more excuses to work a little harder!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies