Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:31 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Try google because I'm not going to hand feed you info that is out there to be read.
And that 30 million includes kids and women and old folks..not just workers and that's an estimate which is just as good as the 10 year static 11 million estimate our government keeps feeding us.
Obviously, I google quite well, as I found valid links to back up every assertion I made to refute your post. you made the claims and stated them as facts, it should be easy for you back them up.

It's a right wing, conservative myth that there are 30 million illegal immigrants in the nation.
It's an outright, bald faced lie that all illegal immigrants are sending on average $400 a week back home.
The whole premise is that illegals will take jobs away from American citizens by working for less than minimum wage. To be able to send $400 a week home means they are working 80 hours a week for 5.00 an hour, or 60 hours a week for 7.50 an hour and not spending a dime for food, housing or anything and receiving all cash, under the table, with no withholding. And you want us to believe that 30 million of them are doing this?

I call all your facts and figures false on their face
Prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 10:36 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Try google because I'm not going to hand feed you info that is out there to be read.
And that 30 million includes kids and women and old folks..not just workers and that's an estimate which is just as good as the 10 year static 11 million estimate our government keeps feeding us.
Here is a right wing link on remittances to Mexico. The headline is misleading since not everyone sending money to Mexico is illegal. There is probably a lot more than 21 billion being sent back since there is so much traffic back and forth. On the other hand Mexicans spend a lot of money here rather than in Mexico. At Christmas time and Easter it seems like half the cars at the shopping mall near the border are from Mexico.

Illegal Aliens Sent $21.6 Billion in Cash Back to Mexico in 2013 - Top Right News

Old 09-01-2014, 10:39 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Obviously, I google quite well, as I found valid links to back up every assertion I made to refute your post. you made the claims and stated them as facts, you back them up.

It's a right wing, conservative myth that there are 30 million illegal immigrants in the nation.
It's an outright, bald faced lie that all illegal immigrants are sending on average $400 a week back home.
The whole premise is that illegals will take jobs away from American citizens by working for less than minimum wage. To be able to send $400 a week home means they are working 80 hours a week for 5.00 an hour, or 60 hours a week for 7.50 an hour and not spending a dime for food, housing or anything and receiving all cash, under the table, with no withholding. And you want us to believe that 30 million of them are doing this?

Prove me wrong.
When it comes to illegals here in the US there are no FACTS.

Last edited by HappyTexan; 09-01-2014 at 11:06 AM..

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The US government is responsible for securing the border. Had the government secured the border, there wouldn't be millions of illegal immigrants for businesses to hire. Do you disagree?
No fence is high enough, no patrol deep enough to prevent illegal immigration so long as employers persist in importing undocumented workers. Millions arrive from everywhere in the US each year as tourists and students and stay put or return home at seasons end, rinse and repeat, next year.

Who built all those homes and commercial developments in Texas, California, Arizona and more? Who cleans, maintains,repairs and updates those structures? Who is bussing tables, cooking the food, washing the dishes and mopping the floors in most restaurants? Who is mowing the grass?

States, counties and municipalities turn a blind eye to the legal status of workers employed by sub contractors.

Those who do not employ undocumented workers are often challenged to compete with those who do.

Seems most everyone wants the benefits of employing undocumented workers and then turn around and blame government for the consequences.

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Obviously, I google quite well, as I found valid links to back up every assertion I made to refute your post. you made the claims and stated them as facts, you back them up.

Prove me wrong.
The first part might be a myth.
The second part is not, but it is not illegal immigrants sending money back home - it is all immigrants. My mom sends about $2K/month back home and she has been doing that for close to 20 years. Annually, the number is estimated to be between $50 billion and $100 billion.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Here is a right wing link on remittances to Mexico. The headline is misleading since not everyone sending money to Mexico is illegal. There is probably a lot more than 21 billion being sent back since there is so much traffic back and forth. On the other hand Mexicans spend a lot of money here rather than in Mexico. At Christmas time and Easter it seems like half the cars at the shopping mall near the border are from Mexico.

Illegal Aliens Sent $21.6 Billion in Cash Back to Mexico in 2013 - Top Right News
That is money sent via the banks.
Lots more cash gets carried across when the citizens go back home to visit relatives.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:41 AM

Cut the benefits and treat them as any illegal is treated in any of the central and south American country.
They come here for the benefits. Then you won't need any wall.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Cause when the Republicans were in charge they did such a great job of closing the borders. Hahahahahahaha hahahahahah. Soon they will be in charge again but this time, they'll close the borders, hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahah.

As long as rich business owners (republican or democrat) can benefit from cheap labor, the borders will remain open, anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

Most who continue to employ undocumented workers are small businesses. They view any action taken to prevent them from employing undocumented workers as a War on Small Business. They make sure their elected politicians continue to focus the blame on the illegal workers instead of the root cause. This is as non-partisan as it gets.

Old 09-01-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post

A right wing link that sources the Bank of Mexico.
Latin American Herald Tribune - Mexico Receives $21.59 Billion in Remittances in 2013

Old 09-01-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree with most of what you said. However, I disagree with your third paragraph. It had nothing to do with the growers worrying that the cost of produce would go up much for the consumers. Even when they hire illegal aliens they pass little to nothing in the way of savings unto the consumers. They merely pocket the profits. No one would pay exorbant prices for produce. The growers would only charge what the market could bear. Even if those price went up a bit it would still be cheaper than paying the social costs of these illegal workers that these growers and other businesses pass on to we the taxpayer. If the truth be known we are already paying more for produce and other goods because of that.
I have no idea what it is but there is a ratio between each pound of fruit/ vegetable consumed and another anchor baby.

We want our food cheap and blame government for the consequences.

Only a 100+ year trac record, here.

Europe has the same challenge, different demographic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies