Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2014, 03:20 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times

Advertisements

Code words. LOL. Cooler heads need to prevail. Exploding heads do not succeed except to embarrass themselves. That's his message. How do you know Rice is not going to lose his job. How do you know he's not going to jail. Calm down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I was attempting to explain to you what the code words mean in relation to violence towards women. Apparently you are not equipped to grasp the concept. Sorry. I'll attempt to simplify my answers to you from now on.

Why bother, when he didn't even answer the question he was asked? If he had answered the question he was asked, he would have had to say either yes, the league was right and Rice deserved to lose his job as a result of his violence toward his girlfriend; or no, and then explain why Rice's actions didn't rise to the level of dismissal.

But he said none of that, because he had a different agenda--to keep the media from "demonizing" Rice. And that's the only response he gave.

Priceless.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:27 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Code words. LOL. Cooler heads need to prevail. Exploding heads do not succeed except to embarrass themselves. That's his message. How do you know Rice is not going to lose his job. How do you know he's not going to jail. Calm down.
Calm down, you mean like this: "I could care less if people agree or disagree with me, because I am right." LOL. Yeah, I'd be embarrassed by that, too.

Women are routinely made to feel they are to blame when they are violently attacked. Abused wives must have done something provoke it. Rape victims must have done something to provoke it. Continue to live in your cozy little bubble where these things don't exist. It's clear you can't handle the real world.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:34 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
You're really going to go off into another tangent on rape? Where did you see that I said I don't think abuse and rape occurs? You are so far off track. Give it up.

Quote:
Calm down, you mean like this: "I could care less if people agree or disagree with me, because I am right." LOL. Yeah, I'd be embarrassed by that, too.

Women are routinely made to feel they are to blame when they are violently attacked. Abused wives must have done something provoke it. Rape victims must have done something to provoke it. Continue to live in your cozy little bubble where these things don't exist. It's clear you can't handle the real world.

Old 09-15-2014, 04:26 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
You're really going to go off into another tangent on rape? Where did you see that I said I don't think abuse and rape occurs? You are so far off track. Give it up.
It really is hopeless trying to explain a concept to you. You have shown you simply don't have the mental capacity for it. Everything goes right over your head.

I will give it up now, and I apologize for having overestimated your ability to comprehend complex concepts. Further attempts would be pointless.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:20 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
He was asked if he thought the league's actions were "the right move." What a great opportunity for him to say yes, because it is not ever okay for a man to beat a woman into unconsciousness and then drag her across the floor as if she was a piece of luggage. As a neurosurgeon he would know better than the rest of us what kind of damage a violent blow to the head like that could cause. But he is silent on that.

Amen. His empathy obviously rests with the assailant.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:23 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:

Tell that to a rape victim when she is forced to explain why she was wearing a short skirt on the day she was raped. There is a secret code there--it's that the woman bears some responsibility for being attacked.

Good point. Sadder still is, if a victim, you want a jury stacked..with guys. Women are the worst offenders at demonizing the female victim (how was she dressed); guys do not usually fall for that baloney. Prosecutors usually try to get as many guys as possible on a jury in a rape trial.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:47 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Stop accepting big money and enforce the idea of public financing for elections, so that for the people, by the people have a leg to stand on regarding what they want from a president. As long as big money is needed, what they say will mean nothing.

Keep religion out of politics.

Run for income equality so people can afford their independence, and live off a dole of any sort.

Something fresh like this would win me over. Until then, I'm Independent of both parties since my vote makes little difference in what I get after the race is won and both sides encourage public assistance, and government dependence in one way or another.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:10 PM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
End their opposition to gay marriage which is now supported by a majority of Americans. They'll have to at some point. Opposition to gay marriage is literally dying off.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:44 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
They must be doing things right. They are poised to take both the House and Senate in November. I will grant the House is rigged, but losing the Senate suggests that it is Dems who have a problem connecting to voters.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:54 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They must be doing things right. They are poised to take both the House and Senate in November. I will grant the House is rigged, but losing the Senate suggests that it is Dems who have a problem connecting to voters.
Not really. When Republicans are not in the White House, they use the chaos strategy. They know most voters are ignorant about politics. They use whatever means necessary to obstruct Congress and make life worse for the American people. To a low information voter, they will blame the President and his party for making their lives harder (even though the President doesn't make laws).

Basically, the GOP doesn't have to campaign on anything nor will they. All they ever had to do was make people upset about their lives. That's why the last six years have been dedicated to lies, misinformation, fear, and daily criticism of the President. A pissed off voter is a motivated voter (albiet, irrational).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies