Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 08:05 PM

433 posts, read 290,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
Shift towards becoming the party of pragmaticism. Republicans are top dogs in economics, time to show it.

Shift away from the religious right. These people will vote republican no matter what. There is no point in over-pandering to the base. Need to tone it down a bit to win the swing votes who decide elections.

Forget token ethnics. Pick candidates based on merit.

As a republican, that's my take on it.
Not true, if they did why did fewer people vote for Romney?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
People like her can't stand the facts. To object to illegal aliens in our country for various factual reasons beyond the fact that it is against the law for them to be here in the first place is considered to be xenophobic or racist according to her. Enforcing our immigration laws and not desiring amnesty is also xenophobic and racist according to her.
Democratic Party=Party of Fail.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:07 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty Above All Else View Post
You do not give any reason why those statements are racist and untrue, you just name call in order to stop any debate because you can not win.

Kind of like how you leftist demonize anyone who tells the truth as "racist" or "bigots" or "xenophobic"?

Its clear who and what you hate, the truth, reality, facts, stats and reason and all who hate them...
I have given a reason. Those beliefs are untrue and based on racist beliefs and phony made up facts.

I'm not trying to stop anything. I do not lose debates with conservatives.

Again, this is why I use Thomas Jeffereson because he is well known and thought to be brilliant and yet he believed he was telling the truth to about the nature of black people based on the facts, his personal observations, and his experiences.

Yet his was utterly wrong and racist.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:08 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You can't explain away a belief.

. Your beliefs the phony facts you may or may not have to support those beliefs have no real basis in reality..
I am stating my mind pretty clearly, it is you who seems to have a problem explaining back clearly how I am wrong.

Again stop deflecting, and answer back how I am off base saying that illegal immigration is taxing the citizens and hurting wages ( be the citizen black brown or white). You know "John" who I stated above could have the last name "Lopez" and could be a legal hispanic citizen after all....

or that islamic mass violence and murder in the name of their religion and islamic taken over governments are not happening ...

as I state it? Tell me I am wrong EXPLAIN about that and am just being racist?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:17 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I am stating my mind pretty clearly, it is you who seems to have a problem explaining back clearly how I am wrong.

Again stop deflecting, and answer back how I am off base saying that illegal immigration is taxing the citizens and hurting wages ( be the citizen black brown or white). You know "John" who I stated above could have the last name "Lopez" and could be a legal hispanic citizen after all....

or that islamic mass violence and murder in the name of their religion and islamic taken over governments are not happening ...

as I state it? Tell me I am wrong EXPLAIN about that and am just being racist?
Yes you are stating racist beliefs about Illegals and Muslims clearly.

Nope I've been even more clear about why your wrong.

I have answered. There is no deflection.

No one can disprove or explain away a belief. I'm not going to even waste my time wading into the various irrational and illogical and dishonest beliefs and phony facts in your mind to justify your warped and distorted view of an ethnic and religious group.

You are off base because it's not true, it's based on racist beliefs and made phony facts to support that belief.

I don't know what more needs to be said.

If you think that conservatives can talk to Mexicans and Latinos by lying about their friends and relatives........

If you think that conservatives can talk to Muslim Americans by lying about their religion.......

Go with that.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 PM

128 posts, read 122,906 times
It makes me want to scream when people's solution is for Republicans to be less moderate. They claim it weakens the party platform...forgetting the two parties are only superficially different. Most Americans are moderates...why would the advice be to shift on the political spectrum away from the voters to the fringe?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I have given a reason. Those beliefs are untrue and based on racist beliefs and phony made up facts.

I'm not trying to stop anything. I do not lose debates with conservatives.

Again, this is why I use Thomas Jeffereson because he is well known and thought to be brilliant and yet he believed he was telling the truth to about the nature of black people based on the facts, his personal observations, and his experiences.

Yet his was utterly wrong and racist.
Those beliefs are true, illegal immigration is harmful to this nation, its workers, its industries, and its economy, radical Islam is a problem with Islam.

You have not given any reasoning, just a quarter assed comparison to a quote of Thomas Jefferson.

You just keep saying anyone who says anything you do not like and can not defend is "racist" or "xenophobic"

You are right you did not lose a debate, in order to lose a debate you would have to start one to begin with.

Some black men do find white women to be hotter then black women, are you saying that is not true?

PS stop using Thomas Jefferson in your works of evil and tyranny...

Old 09-30-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_loper View Post
It makes me want to scream when people's solution is for Republicans to be less moderate. They claim it weakens the party platform...forgetting the two parties are only superficially different. Most Americans are moderates...why would the advice be to shift on the political spectrum away from the voters to the fringe?
Really? Did it work in 2008 or 2012? So why would it work in 2016?

Why are the dems not becoming more moderate?

Old 09-30-2014, 08:28 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,024 times
What do republicans need to do to not alienate people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why should we legalize a hallucinogenic substance? Shall we also legalize Cocaine? Are you nuts?
This is a perfect example.

Arguing for prohibition of a substance the quoted poster obviously knows nothing about and then calling a person who suggests ending prohibition of the substance nuts.

He doesn't attempt to explain the reasons he feels that would be a bad idea. He just spouts some kind of strange propaganda against the substance and throws in an insult.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:30 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
Quote:

No one can disprove or explain away a belief.
Go with that.
Belief? We are not debating the origins of the singularity of the big bang. Go to home depot in Cutler Ridge Florida where I use to live, and you will see illegal workers lined up waiting to get picked up getting paid under the table. Go to Homestead Fl and chances are someone driving their car is a illegal not licensed or insured and if the hit you will they will take off (happened to me) Read any current news paper or site and you'll see countries in threat of being taken over by islamic fighters who are killing anybody who rejects islam.

This is not just debatable beliefs , this is happening right now current year 2014. Maybe its inconvenient for you that these religious fanatics are islamic not christian or that these illegals are are hispanic not white but..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies