Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2014, 11:37 AM

4,651 posts, read 4,592,818 times

Advertisements

Their warmongering agenda

Old 10-01-2014, 12:06 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
So, in other words the Cons have no monopoly on any of the issues you mentioned since both sides do the same things. Got it
Many conservatives have become involved with TEA Party groups that oppose corporate welfare, spending on never ending wars, open borders and insane monetary policies. Conservatives came up with the term RINO (Republicans In Name Only). I see no such movements on the liberal side. Which liberal groups were making real noise when President Obama picked Hillary "I voted for war" Clinton to run the state department?

Old 10-01-2014, 12:07 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
Their warmongering agenda
The Republican warmongering agenda or the equal Democrat warmongering agenda?

Old 10-01-2014, 12:32 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
What do you think Republicans need to do to not alienate people? Can you answer this question without saying "change their policies?" In other words, do they just need to accept that being Republican is just out of date and that Democrats are the popular party?

My ideas are:

1. Say nothing about race and how people are different: Miranda rights sometimes need to be read to Republicans
2. Ditch the Good Ole Boy clubs: Stop using old White men that all are friends and are out of touch with the common people
3. Condemn the actions of racist people that support the Republican Party
4. Be consistent to less intrusive government: Don't pass legislation that is "for the common good" and "protects people from themselves" like forcing longer divorce proceedings or marijuana criminalization
5. Tell better stories: The Democrats love tugging at the heartstrings, whereas Republicans always try and use logic and the deficit to try and prove their point. Start demonizing the opposing party like they always do to you.
6. Be quick to point out Democrat hypocrisy when NOT telling stories: Logic has its place. Put Dems in theirs when they dig themselves into a hole. Also on this, make sure Democrats realize that many of their attacks (like calling you racist when you did nothing) are fallacious and distract from the main point.
7. Stop being intimidated: Democrats are known for yelling loudly and proclaiming how much they are right. Republicans these days tend to just shut up and hope for the best. Sometimes I feel like Republicans just want to keep their jobs rather than serve the people.

That's it for my ideas. What are yours? The challenge here is try not to make it so that the Republicans have to do a complete ideological 180 and just agree to do everything Democrats say. I will add one more: stop fighting gay marriage. It's just not worth the fight and hurts no one.

I would say you are very young.
How did conservatism go out of date and liberalism become the hip thing? Is the idea one should be responsible for one's self not cool in today's counter culture? Liberals grow up unless professional liberals.

1. Democrats are renown for putting race, culture and any other label before a person's name or vocation. After people learned labels get you free stuff people loved the labels as well as the democrats who labeled them. Do go on about the Miranda rights topic you raised.

2. Good ole boy clubs Does KKK come to mind? Yep, they were old white dixiecrats. How out of touch with people are Obama, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Feinstein or the rest of the glorious democrat ''old guard''? I don't know if those folks could function if swapped out with a typical lower middle class person. I say lower middle class because that is most of America.

3. The sentence is enough. How shallow can you dig?

4. What was the point to be made besides democrats like big and intrusive government as well as passing bills which ensure the government takes care of the public as they are considered much too stupid to care for themselves. You like what democrats think of you?

5. Tell better stories? Who needs facts when you have democratic conjecture? Keep tugging those heartstrings; all they do is get you food stamps and more war. It also teaches societal losers to hate those successful as they will never understand the diference. A good democrat is an ignorant one.

7. Democrats are emotionally stunted and disturbed individuals. Everything is emotional and loud like a daytime talk show such as Jerry Springer, Drs Phil/Oz or one of the many others. It's all about ME and I am special. Hope and change.
As far as getting emotional and yelling loudly - I have learned it is more productive to keep my mouth shut to appear stupid when dealing with such people. Theirs are open and remove all doubt of stupidity. They want the big neon light arrows pointing at them.

Your ideas are like watching someone mucking stalls.

Old 10-01-2014, 04:33 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Than get used to more 67-31 single women thrashings as the GOP suffered through in 2012.

This is the issue behind the gender gap.

Women are as much or more in favor of restrictions on abortion as men.

They may be voting differently than men, but it isn't because of abortion.

"38 percent of those polled said abortion should be legal in few circumstances and 20 percent said it should always be illegal, leaving a total of 58 percent who said abortion should be restricted to few situations or always illegal."

CNN Poll: Most Americans Support Abortion Restrictions, Majority Oppose Taxpayer Funding of Abortions

"Gallup typically finds few differences between men's and women's attitudes about the legality of abortion in general. Consistent with that, the new poll shows relatively minor gender differences in views about the seven specific restrictions tested."

Common State Abortion Restrictions Spark Mixed Reviews

The "war on women" is a Democrat invention designed to draw attention away from the fact that Democrats have *** raped every American who works for a living.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:40 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Stop acting like the Constitution is scripture, and stop acting like scripture is constitutional.

That, and stop badmouthing everyone Who isn't exactly like you.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:55 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,746 times
Thank God liberals are able to avoid a "who is a real deal" civil-war that conservatives are going through... It's pathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Many conservatives have become involved with TEA Party groups that oppose corporate welfare, spending on never ending wars, open borders and insane monetary policies. Conservatives came up with the term RINO (Republicans In Name Only). I see no such movements on the liberal side. Which liberal groups were making real noise when President Obama picked Hillary "I voted for war" Clinton to run the state department?

Last edited by random_thoughts; 10-01-2014 at 06:42 PM..

Old 10-01-2014, 06:05 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,509,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Oh, please, that's utter nonsense about how liberals only offer 'emotion'. What, pray tell, is the GOP's constant drumbeat about how the 'big bad gov't is going to take over your life, take away your bibles, your guns, your precious bodily fluids' except an appeal to the lowest emotional triggers of fear and panic? Every time one of your candidates starts in on 'aliens bringing disease across the border' or 'we have to put restrictions on abortion' they bring nothing but emotion because two minutes of research would show just how absurd their point of view is.
How true....

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...l-restrictions

Last edited by whoisjongalt; 10-01-2014 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: bad link

Old 10-02-2014, 10:08 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,397,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Face it, Conservative policies have never worked for the good of the whole. They are extraordinarily divisive, bigoted, and extremely detrimental to this nation. Their positions reek. Spinning them, incorporating expensive deceptive marketing, lying, pretending to change during election years, attacking the other side - none of these tactics make them smell any better.

Always best to take out the trash. They need to disappear.
And roughly half of the country feels the exact same way about Democrats.

Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,237 times
Stop alienating women and stop talking about abortion.

Bob Beauprez's IUD remark in debate generates controversy - The Denver Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies