Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2014, 01:51 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times

Advertisements

One more thing....get rid of Ann Coulter as even remotely resembling the GOP position.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Think your wet behind the ears. Why do members from both stupid party's find it necessary to alienate the very people who voted for theis butt's.

Both party's to anyone with half a brain, know that they both throw the bull. Are full of it most of the time. One party finds it necessary, to belittle anyone gosh forbid who does not think as they do. The other one, needs to change for the better. They both need to stop the bologna, and get on with it, for the sake of those who did vote for their sorry azzes.

And one side, gosh forbid , has to play the blame game, that is all they know how to do .Use scare tactics to women, and little old people who scare easily. And the other side who is a bunch of wussies. And gosh forbid they stick up for their selves.

One side is Pathetic with their constant BS the other side is a bunch of Wuss who cannot for their life defend themselves.

Last edited by california-jewel; 10-22-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 10-22-2014, 01:53 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Again, it's not on the state house. It's on a monument/memorial on the grounds. Again, it was the location picked by the NAACP. Once again, before claiming something, at least make sure that 'something' is correct.
Oh you got nothing. My point is much larger than one state. It's about conservatives disassociating themselves from the confederate flag and flying that flag on state houses across the nation.

This should be a no brainier for conservatives let's not associate our party with the flag that was against the creation of our political party, symbolizes treason against America, and the desire to see black people enslaved, yet everytime an elected official is pro confederate flag they are usually some conservative elected official.

I say that's because conservatives hate in 2014 and widespread support of that symbol of hatred amongst conservatives is just one indication.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:59 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Oh you got nothing. My point is much larger than one state. It's about conservatives disassociating themselves from the confederate flag and flying that flag on state houses across the nation.

This should be a no brainier for conservatives let's not associate our party with the flag that was against the creation of our political party, symbolizes treason against America, and the desire to see black people enslaved, yet everytime an elected official is pro confederate flag they are usually some conservative elected official.

I say that's because conservatives hate in 2014 and widespread support of that symbol of hatred amongst conservatives is just one indication.
You tell me - which state houses have the confederate flag flying on them? I know there isn't one in South Carolina (the thread that prompted you to come here and post on this). What I am telling you is that it is a NON issue and you're trying to make it one. It belongs on memorials/museums/etc. That's where it is. I think defending it being on a memorial makes sense but to you that equals 'hatred amongst conservatives'. Um okay.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:

You are free to apply whatever meaning you wish to the Confederate flag.

And everyone else should also be free to find whatever meaning they wish in the Confederate flag.

Naturally, people will find different meanings and symbolism for a piece of cloth.

As it should be, in a free country.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
One more thing....get rid of Ann Coulter as even remotely resembling the GOP position.
She is an entertainer or thinks she is, nothing more. I doubt many in our party really pay any attention to her. There are others like Laura Ingram that can be taken seriously. I don't always agree with her, but she isn't anything like Ann.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:08 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You are free to apply whatever meaning you wish to the Confederate flag.

And everyone else should also be free to find whatever meaning they wish in the Confederate flag.

Naturally, people will find different meanings and symbolism for a piece of cloth.

As it should be, in a free country.
Precisely how I feel about it. That's why I generally think the whole Confederate flag thing is a non-issue. It's just a flag, for crying out loud.

Last edited by southbel; 10-22-2014 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Follow the constitution be for liberty in all cases..

Old 10-22-2014, 02:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You tell me - which state houses have the confederate flag flying on them? I know there isn't one in South Carolina (the thread that prompted you to come here and post on this). What I am telling you is that it is a NON issue and you're trying to make it one. It belongs on memorials/museums/etc. That's where it is. I think defending it being on a memorial makes sense but to you that equals 'hatred amongst conservatives'. Um okay.
I say go look it up. Or not.

I'm not trying to make anything an issue. Again the topic of this thread is what can conservatives do to stop alienating people. I think if conservative stop being pro a symbol of hatred like the confederate flag and flying it on state houses around the nation is just one no brainier step for conservatives.

Old 10-22-2014, 02:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
I say go look it up. Or not.

I'm not trying to make anything an issue. Again the topic of this thread is what can conservatives do to stop alienating people. I think if conservative stop being pro a symbol of hatred like the confederate flag and flying it on state houses around the nation is just one no brainier step for conservatives.
And if liberals defend free speech, and the idea that symbols such as flags are defined by the person displaying them and therefore are protected free speech, what then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies