Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 11:51 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,477,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Not interested in talking partisan politics on this topic.

It's irrelevant.
Of course you're not. That's why in your Post # 19, you blamed the whole thing on Conservatives. Well, this is not a Conservative war. This is Obama's War. It is a liberal war. Now, when YOU stop your partisan lies I may (or my not) curtail my partisan truths. This is Obama's Iraqi War. Get used to it. Obama owns this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 12:09 PM

23,422 posts, read 17,101,753 times
Quote:
Okay...so we get attacked in 2001, and we launch a war in Afghanistan. Then we go to Iraq in 2003 and supposedly, we were "fighting them there (terrorists) so we don't have to fight them here."

We managed to fill up Guantanamo with "dangerous terrorists" () and we captured a bunch of others and sent them abroad under a policy of rendition.

Our government keeps telling us that they killed the "number two man in Al Qaeda" (about 100 times) and we got Bin Laden.

So then, why in 2014 are we facing some thread named ISIS who according to many conservatives is poised to dominate and take over the whole world?

What exactly were we doing between 2001 and 2014 and were we really having all this success against terrorists that our Pentagon and CIA claimed that we did?

What the real truth appears to be is that we CREATED a bunch of terrorists and terrorism more than we extinguished them...by a long shot.

In fact, outside of a few big named terrorists that we've manage to kill or capture, I don't think we've had a lick of success against terrorism. Most of those bozos in Guantanamo are probably nothing more than p*ssed off goat herders that got turned in by people that had a personal beef with them.

We've dropped hundreds of billions of dollars on this GWOT and we've got nothing to show for it. Not from what I can see anyway. The Middle East is just as jacked up as it was in 2001.
Unlike Japan and Germany, the ME culture is never ending revenge and warfare. Look at the highways today and you'd think Japan won the war. We give money to nations who teach their children to hate us.

Bombing is akin to treating eruptions of herpes, solves the outbreak but does nothing to eliminate it from the body.

Terrorism is a ME tradition without a permanent solution. Social justice and environmental movements, porous borders and zero enforcement of immigration law and an EU and UAE that refuse to participate in neighborhood dust ups, make us even more vulnerable as we pick at the itchy scab that won't go away.

The Middle east conflict will end the world a lot sooner than human caused global warming. Money mispent in both cases.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,444,128 times
The war on terror is impossible to beat.. we don't know who our enemies are they don't belong to any specific country they are vast and spread out throughout the Middle East.. some ISIS fighters are American even.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Of course you're not. That's why in your Post # 19, you blamed the whole thing on Conservatives. Well, this is not a Conservative war. This is Obama's War. It is a liberal war. Now, when YOU stop your partisan lies I may (or my not) curtail my partisan truths. This is Obama's Iraqi War. Get used to it. Obama owns this one.
Same way he owned invading Libya.

He finally sent his memo to Congress.

Dear Congress,

I'm invading Iraq and have been doing so since August 8. I guess I forgot to tell you.
Love,
Your President

Almost a month late. I guess he figured Congress would read about it in the paper.
Obama notifies Congress of ordering air strikes in Iraq | Reuters

Old 09-01-2014, 12:14 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,305,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
The war on terror is impossible to beat.. we don't know who our enemies are they don't belong to any specific country they are vast and spread out throughout the Middle East.. some ISIS fighters are American even.
Sure we do. We trained them, we armed them and at one point they fought for us in the ME.
All those freedom fighters, rebels, etc. that we backed.

Old 09-01-2014, 12:23 PM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
Post 19 was a response to you, genius.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:05 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,271,788 times
Quote:
Okay...so we get attacked in 2001, and we launch a war in Afghanistan. Then we go to Iraq in 2003 and supposedly, we were "fighting them there (terrorists) so we don't have to fight them here."

We managed to fill up Guantanamo with "dangerous terrorists" () and we captured a bunch of others and sent them abroad under a policy of rendition.

Our government keeps telling us that they killed the "number two man in Al Qaeda" (about 100 times) and we got Bin Laden.

So then, why in 2014 are we facing some thread named ISIS who according to many conservatives is poised to dominate and take over the whole world?

What exactly were we doing between 2001 and 2014 and were we really having all this success against terrorists that our Pentagon and CIA claimed that we did?

What the real truth appears to be is that we CREATED a bunch of terrorists and terrorism more than we extinguished them...by a long shot.

In fact, outside of a few big named terrorists that we've manage to kill or capture, I don't think we've had a lick of success against terrorism. Most of those bozos in Guantanamo are probably nothing more than p*ssed off goat herders that got turned in by people that had a personal beef with them.

We've dropped hundreds of billions of dollars on this GWOT and we've got nothing to show for it. Not from what I can see anyway. The Middle East is just as jacked up as it was in 2001.
It would be a little counterproductive if we actually solved the problem, I mean we would just need to come up with another false flag boogyman to justify spending more money on our military machine than the rest of the world combined.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 PM

23,649 posts, read 13,838,693 times
Quote:
Why not? That seems to potentially have about the same amount of success that we've had up to this point (that would be practically NONE) running around the world, spending billions, and having nothing to show for it.
Keep in mind that we were doing anti and counter terrorist activities before 9/11.

It's just like the American "appreciation" of terrorism that came about from 9/11, no one outside particularly knew about it.......or particularly cared, it seems.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:12 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,888,318 times
The war on "terror" much like the war on "drugs" is meant to be on-going with changeable enemies and countries-a nice money maker and policy changer for the elites. It also keeps Middle Eastern/African countries that don't want to be part of the global banking cartel in line-like Libya, Iraq, Syria and Iran.

It is common sense that we are breeding terror in the Middle East and creating more and more terrorist groups-but the elites see this as an advantage. Fear is the biggest motivator of people. If people perveive the threats to be real they will be willing to listen to the talking heads more and more.

The wars are needed in order to systematically take away the rights of American citizens through the use of fear and paranoia. Hopefully more people will wise up before even more rights are taken away. We already have The Patriot Act, NDAA, NSA spying hasn't slowed in the least bit, etc.

Last edited by 2e1m5a; 09-02-2014 at 07:25 AM..

Old 09-02-2014, 09:41 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,105,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
It would be a little counterproductive if we actually solved the problem, I mean we would just need to come up with another false flag boogyman to justify spending more money on our military machine than the rest of the world combined.
I've said the same in other posts: follow the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Keep in mind that we were doing anti and counter terrorist activities before 9/11.

It's just like the American "appreciation" of terrorism that came about from 9/11, no one outside particularly knew about it.......or particularly cared, it seems.
That's true.

And they still couldn't stop 9/11. Our Intel services are well financed...secret budget and all. But they're incompetent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
The war on "terror" much like the war on "drugs" is meant to be on-going with changeable enemies and countries-a nice money maker and policy changer for the elites. It also keeps Middle Eastern/African countries that don't want to be part of the global banking cartel in line-like Libya, Iraq, Syria and Iran.

It is common sense that we are breeding terror in the Middle East and creating more and more terrorist groups-but the elites see this as an advantage. Fear is the biggest motivator of people. If people perveive the threats to be real they will be willing to listen to the talking heads more and more.

The wars are needed in order to systematically take away the rights of American citizens through the use of fear and paranoia. Hopefully more people will wise up before even more rights are taken away. We already have The Patriot Act, NDAA, NSA spying hasn't slowed in the least bit, etc.
Right.

At this point, I'm beginning to realize that the Pentagon has grown too powerful within the executive branch to ever be reigned in by another U.S. president ever again. They are now their own policymaking arm of our government independent of the executive branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies