Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:35 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1. there are 10000 people turning 65 everyday in America

2. there are 13,000 people turning 18 everyday in America

3..the birth to death ration is on the positive side

4. with a population of 320 million we are already running out of jobs for the people

immigration:
yes the so-called test is too hard for some...but we allow too many people in our country to begin with

and the real immigration issue is the one the liberals don't ever want to admit...the ILLEGAL...liberals are so afraid of that word,they wont even call it illegal immigration, they reword it to undocumented

my proposal....stop illegal immigration
make LEGAl immigration easier...get rid of the test, and do the following:

1. you need a sponsor
2. you need a job
3. you need to learn the language
4. you need to be allegiant to your new country
Rabid nationalism? Hey worked for mussolini, hitler, mao, stalin..
End all forms of welfare. Its time to stop stealing money from those who work for it and giving it to those who dont.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 11:00 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Default Enforcethe US Laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The replacement rate is 2.1.

The birth rate is 1.9.

Accept it. Let it sink in. Immigration may eventually be reformed, but America needs a steady flow of immigrants to achieve replacement rate.

Population decline is economic decline. A country cannot sustain growth with a diminishing population.

What are your proposals?

I hear this crazy talk why Illegal Immigration should be embraced. Our borders are being over run because the perception of the US President is he will not enforce laws.

American need to secure the border and execute a deportation Policy of Australia and even Mexico. If migrate Illegal you will never have any kind of consideration coming to this country. Once we deport and secure the border we can offer special work Visa with terms and conditions.

If the migrant work fails to the terms of the Visa he or she automatically deported and the charge being back to the country of origin or the Migrant worker. Hold back 30 percent of his payroll until he returns to the country or origin.

Do not worry. As Americans grows we will manage what kind of workers we really need. Its not a matter is talking people to come, its more of a 10 year waiting list to come in this country.

The other problem is those immigrants who come here legal or not do not become Americans, they hold there loyalty to the old country and some cases never learn English and bother to learn American History. The other problem these immigrants turn whole section of city in to Getos. Look at East Mesa in Arizona?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
[/color]

I hear this crazy talk why Illegal Immigration should be embraced. Our borders are being over run because the perception of the US President is he will not enforce laws.

American need to secure the border and execute a deportation Policy of Australia and even Mexico. If migrate Illegal you will never have any kind of consideration coming to this country. Once we deport and secure the border we can offer special work Visa with terms and conditions.

If the migrant work fails to the terms of the Visa he or she automatically deported and the charge being back to the country of origin or the Migrant worker. Hold back 30 percent of his payroll until he returns to the country or origin.

Do not worry. As Americans grows we will manage what kind of workers we really need. Its not a matter is talking people to come, its more of a 10 year waiting list to come in this country.

The other problem is those immigrants who come here legal or not do not become Americans, they hold there loyalty to the old country and some cases never learn English and bother to learn American History. The other problem these immigrants turn whole section of city in to Getos. Look at East Mesa in Arizona?
There's no perception here. The laws are not being enforced.
The DOJ is making sure these illegals are accepted into society with threats of lawsuits and penalties.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
The replacement rate is 2.1.

The birth rate is 1.9.

Accept it. Let it sink in. Immigration may eventually be reformed, but America needs a steady flow of immigrants to achieve replacement rate.

Population decline is economic decline. A country cannot sustain growth with a diminishing population.

What are your proposals?
I propose legal immigration of skilled individuals from around the world who will be productive and assimilate rather than mass amnesty to tens of millions of unskilled laborers from one nation who will raise unemployment and drain social services.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
A country cannot sustain growth with a diminishing population.

Growth is not always a good thing, despite what some seem to think. When we have a modern nation such as ours in the process of being overrun with uneducated mostly illiterate illegal aliens from third-world nations, the future of our country does not look good if we allow it to continue.

My proposal is that we start by closing the borders. Period. Finish processing ONLY the legal applications that are now in the system. The cutoff point for new applications done the legal way is the present day.

Accept no new applications, and halt all immigration--even legal.
I stopped right there because the rest of your post is not worth reading. Why? Your proposal would immediately shut down any chance of reuniting with my wife. I would not vote for you, and neither would many thousands upon thousands of others

Old 09-01-2014, 11:10 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,769,161 times
In the words of some folks; "we should be more like Europe".

I presume they also mean strict immigration along with integrating with the population, not from where ever you came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
To go to work in a South American country:

1. A complete medical workup submitted to a Doctor licensed to practice in that country.
2. A complete legal background check submitted to a lawyer.
3. A completed contract to work including who you are working for, where you will be working, how many hours, and a guarantee that the company will pay any applicable taxes and fees.
4. Drug testing at two different lab locations
5. Proof of insurance coverage provided by the employer.
6. A completed application to the consulate in the country who will not even consider letting you in the country until all the paperwork above has been completed, scrutinized, and forwarded to them. Upon approval... they will send the approval to their consulate in the states where you must go IN PERSON, have everything verified again, pay additional fees so that they can "stamp" your passport.
7. When arriving in the country.... Go directly to Interpol. Do NOT go anywhere until you've checked in with them.

And we just open up our borders????
Argentina I presume?

Old 09-01-2014, 11:12 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,868,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I stopped right there because the rest of your post is not worth reading. Why? Your proposal would immediately shut down any chance of reuniting with my wife. I would not vote for you, and neither would many thousands upon thousands of others
I'm not a politician who is running for office, so whether or not you would vote for me is completely irrelevant.

I also don't care whether or not you consider my posts worth reading. Don't like them, put me on ignore.

If you're having trouble reuinting with your wife, there must be some illegality involved. Don't worry, there are a lot of illegal alien butt-kissers here.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:19 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
In the words of some folks; "we should be more like Europe".

I presume they also mean strict immigration along with integrating with the population, not from where ever you came from.

Argentina I presume?
Peru

Old 09-01-2014, 11:20 AM

671 posts, read 690,104 times
Default MANY if not most would vote for this!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
A country cannot sustain growth with a diminishing population.

Growth is not always a good thing, despite what some seem to think. When we have a modern nation such as ours in the process of being overrun with uneducated mostly illiterate illegal aliens from third-world nations, the future of our country does not look good if we allow it to continue.

My proposal is that we start by closing the borders. Period. Finish processing ONLY the legal applications that are now in the system. The cutoff point for new applications done the legal way is the present day.

Accept no new applications, and halt all immigration--even legal.

Find and deport all illegal aliens, regardless of who they are, their age, or from whence they come.

Keep the border closed and new applications shut down until all illegals are out of the country, period.

Have birthright cititzenship abuse STOPPED, period. One parent will have to be a current, legal US citizen before cititzenship can be conferred on any child--and this was most likely the original intent of the law. If both parents are illegal, the child is also illegal, and not a US cititzen, period.

Stop all incentives for illegals already in this country. No welfare, food stamps, free lunches or free public education. No free ANYTHING. They wouldn't keep coming here in droves if they didn't have all of these perks handed to them.

Heavily fine all of those employers who hire illegals, and for subsequent offenses, fine enough to bankrupt/close the business.

Once all of these measures are enacted--and we have a handle on the problem--meaning that the vast majority of the illegals go home--then set to work on a reasonable immigration policy, including worker temporary visas and the like.

Whatever is worked out, amnesty should not be a part of it. I resent all amnesties that have been given--including the one during the Reagan administration.
In a nutshell, YES, I agree, and MANY if not MOST would vote for this! Especially given the current economic state we're in. Oh, and don't forget our bleeding borders and the fact that terrorists are among the illegals.

Then, the free handouts of welfare, Medicaid, food stamps, housing vouchers, free medical care, utility vouchers, 12K to 80K of free education bennies, ALL on the backs of our over-burdened tax payers, and with the deference to the illegals, over our American citizens!!!

To the tune of over $9 trillion dollars over an illegal's lifetime (uh, ok. $6++ trillion net deficit if they ever pay their taxes! But wait, they've already broken our laws...'don't think they'll penny-up and pay!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The problem is we have a steady flow of poor uneducated and unskilled immigrants.
Once they have kids they go on welfare.

Is that what we want for America ?
A resounding NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
To go to work in a South American country:

1. A complete medical workup submitted to a Doctor licensed to practice in that country.
2. A complete legal background check submitted to a lawyer.
3. A completed contract to work including who you are working for, where you will be working, how many hours, and a guarantee that the company will pay any applicable taxes and fees.
4. Drug testing at two different lab locations
5. Proof of insurance coverage provided by the employer.
6. A completed application to the consulate in the country who will not even consider letting you in the country until all the paperwork above has been completed, scrutinized, and forwarded to them. Upon approval... they will send the approval to their consulate in the states where you must go IN PERSON, have everything verified again, pay additional fees so that they can "stamp" your passport.
7. When arriving in the country.... Go directly to Interpol. Do NOT go anywhere until you've checked in with them.

And we just open up our borders????
Crazy, isn't it??? When the so-called "leader" of the free world has non-existent or unenforced laws and policies as compared to the rest of the world?
We are destroying ourselves from within...

thank you,

Dandiday

Old 09-01-2014, 11:23 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I propose legal immigration of skilled individuals from around the world who will be productive and assimilate rather than mass amnesty to tens of millions of unskilled laborers from one nation who will raise unemployment and drain social services.
The key word here is SKILLED!!!! If there is one person in the US who is a CITIZEN qualified to do the job, let alone millions, there is absolutely no reason to be bringing in folks to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies