Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 08:07 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yes, sitting in the White House being blocked by a racist, hostile Republican Congress.
Liberals just help but demonize and insult, can they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2014, 08:13 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the poem meant to come here illegally to, right? Part of the poem reads "and yearning to be free". Those coming here illegally are already free in their own countries. Anyone with half a brain should know that we cannot accommodate the whole world's poor and destitute who are coming here for economic gain not because they aren't free.
Define "free."

Old 09-02-2014, 08:14 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Liberals just help but demonize and insult, can they?
Who am I demonizing and insulting? The demons are not of my creation.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:24 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,405,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No solutions because you fail to listen. Liberals must be deaf.

1. Lower corporate income taxes
2. Lower personal income taxes
3. Enforce immigration laws
4. Control the border
5. Renegotiate NAFTA and China trade policies
6. Allow domestic drilling on federal lands
7. Keystone pipeline
8. Curb the EPA CO2 emissions policies
9. Stop the war on coal
10. Tort reform and muzzle the trial lawyers association
11. Term limits
12. balanced budget amendment
13. re-establish ties with traditional allies

The nation becomes prosperous when the government gets out of the way. The nation suffers from bigger government and more regulations. This is why liberal/democrat policy always fails, as it has under Obama.

If your goal is a fast track to poverty, then vote democrat. Keep the declines income, declines in wealth, increased foodstamps, and increased number of unemployed citizens rolling for another eight years.
I don't need another Bush Republican disaster.

Funny, everything you always list is a slogan uttered by the right-wing corporatists.

Lower income taxes is arbitrary. The immigration laws are already enforced. What the hell is "control the border?" Tell the Repubs to renegotiate NAFTA. Domestic drill & Keystone are environmental disasters waiting to happen (Keystone is useless for our economy to begin with). The EPA is not going away so I suggest you get over it. We have climate change. Stop perscribing a balanced budget so we can weaken our economy further.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Oh please stop with this nonsense! Those who came through Ellis Island were not illegals. Who's "we" anyway?

No Republican that I know of objects to helping the truly needy.
So, tomorrow, if Obama decides to do a new Ellis Island, I take it you won't be first in line to object, will you?

Old 09-02-2014, 08:36 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
When it comes to solutions as a Tea Partier-Republican-Conservative what do you say to the 15 million or so who suddenly find their health care cancelled with the repeal of the ACA? I assume most of you are on Medicare, Tricare, VA and private insurance. Since you dont have your insurance cancelled do you have any empathy for those who get their insurance cancelled? How about if they are in the middle of expensive medical procedures? Where is the Republican plan. As a Tea Partier-Republican-Conservative when is the last time you had to fill out a lengthy 40 page or more application for insurance? Whats the Republican plan? Dont babble on about Harry Reid and some plan of five years ago...I want to know what the Republican plan is now!! You have had years to come up with a plan now show it.
It was over 40 million who got their plans cancelled to insure 10 million. Over a monstrous lie. And you just gush over that lie.

So no empathy for anyone other than those who got taken in by a flim-flam man, those that believed when he said if you have a plan, you can keep it.

Your tunnel vision does you discredit. Premiums have skyrocketed. So have deductibles.

And then there is your incessant attack on a system that people have earned through shedding blood. Do you ever hear yourself speak? Do you realize how stupid that makes you look?

But as I have said, I can't fix stupid.

The best fix of all is back to the status quo.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:59 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Yes, sitting in the White House being blocked by a racist, hostile Republican Congress.
Duhhh . . . Last I heard, the Senate is controlled by the Democrats. The House is the only thing controlled by the Republicans. The House has passed 372 Bills, many of them bipartisan, that Senate Majority Leader Democrat Congressman Harry Reid has refused to even assign to committee. Now just WHO did you claim was doing the blocking?

Please at least attempt to be half-way truthful on here. Spin makes you appear either uninformed or just plain stupid.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
It was over 40 million who got their plans cancelled to insure 10 million. Over a monstrous lie. And you just gush over that lie.

So no empathy for anyone other than those who got taken in by a flim-flam man, those that believed when he said if you have a plan, you can keep it.

Your tunnel vision does you discredit. Premiums have skyrocketed. So have deductibles.

And then there is your incessant attack on a system that people have earned through shedding blood. Do you ever hear yourself speak? Do you realize how stupid that makes you look?

But as I have said, I can't fix stupid.

The best fix of all is back to the status quo.
He's never even served in the military and would probably run off to Canada were he ever required to do so. It is apparent he knows nothing about veterans benefits.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I don't need another Bush Republican disaster.

Funny, everything you always list is a slogan uttered by the right-wing corporatists.

Lower income taxes is arbitrary. The immigration laws are already enforced. What the hell is "control the border?" Tell the Repubs to renegotiate NAFTA. Domestic drill & Keystone are environmental disasters waiting to happen (Keystone is useless for our economy to begin with). The EPA is not going away so I suggest you get over it. We have climate change. Stop perscribing a balanced budget so we can weaken our economy further.
NAFTA was a Clinton thingy. You want a Clinton thingy repealed. That's not a good little liberal sheepie.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:05 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Who am I demonizing and insulting? The demons are not of my creation.
Duh, you called the Republicans in congress, racists. That's simply not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies