Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 03:57 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyThere1 View Post
You are correct blacks in California are very concentrated in certain cities and those cities do have vast murder issues. Hispanics are driving blacks out of historically black areas in Los Angeles such as Compton, South LA and Inglewood but the crime rate has gone down in those areas because of it.
I'm guessing by the smiley-face, you're glad Hispanic gang members are doing scary things to Blacks.

Well, answer this for me. What is in it for Black people? I'm sure alot of Black people would like to live in a place without worrying about being shot to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2014, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
The Black community has a whole lot of problems. LOL!
And so do other demographics.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:09 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm guessing by the smiley-face, you're glad Hispanic gang members are doing scary things to Blacks.

Well, answer this for me. What is in it for Black people? I'm sure alot of Black people would like to live in a place without worrying about being shot to death.
Well, some of the more decent Black neighborhoods here in Pensacola have set up citizen patrolling of their neighborhoods with the blessings of the police department and county sheriff. Why couldn't they do something along a similar fashion? You've got to have the initiative to help yourselves.

Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
I honestly believe if blacks focused on the family unit that would be a big step in the right direction. Black children should aspire to go to college or learn a trade instead of thinking they are going to be rappers or athletes since the likelihood of that happening is not great. Here in California Hispanics have already surpassed whites in terms of getting accepted into the greatest public university system in the world, the University of California. Blacks have had a head start and now Hispanics and Asians are passing them by. It is really sad to see the black community struggle so much but again it all starts in the home and then their communities will prosper.
There are more Blacks with college diplomas than at any other time in this nation's history. Focus on the underclass where the most problems are taking place. Blacks who aspire to go to college are already doing their job. It's mainly the underclass that isn't aspiring to go to college.

You still have not confronted anything I've said. Nothing you've said has anything to do with what I was talking about. I was talking about the way you discussed Blacks being driven out of part so southern California. You brought that up in response to be discussing Hispanic gang members murdering African-Americans. I also mentioned the amount of Black on Black murders.

If it makes you sad to see the Black community struggle, then you wouldn't express glee in Blacks being driven out of parts of southern California via fear of violence.

The murder rates are lower, but for whom? Whom is safe? Certainly not Blacks. Blacks are the ones who have to worry.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:15 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Quote:
No offense but I am glad I live in California where we do not have many blacks and thus we do not have this problem. We have an illegal alien problem but we can deal with that.
>>> So sayeth The Left.

Old 09-01-2014, 05:31 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
What's the alternative? Put them in jail and feed and board them for the rest of their lives?
That sounds like the best plan yet. Where is the outrage ? OK, I'm outraged. Think they are going to stop
now ?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:44 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
POTUS and AG took time out of their busy schedules to go to MO because of Michael Brown being shot.

Meanwhile, Chicago is business as usual...one would need to travel to the ME to see more gun play. Where is the national outrage when these blacks are shot down/killed?

https://storify.com/chitownstories/c...es-april-11-13
Ah, the "What about black on black crime?" argument.

Here.

My Brother's Keeper | The White House

the end.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
That sounds like the best plan yet. Where is the outrage ? OK, I'm outraged. Think they are going to stop
now ?
Then what are you doing about it? What's your plan? Please say you do have one that won't end up costing the taxpayer even more money than he/she are already spending on helping them. We don't need more of those plans.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:18 PM

Have no fear. Obama is finally remember the Blacks!

Obama seeks to do no harm to Democrats in midterms

Old 09-01-2014, 09:57 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Weekend shootings in Chicago - where is the outrage?.........Meanwhile, Chicago is business as usual...one would need to travel to the ME to see more gun play. Where is the national outrage when these blacks are shot down/killed?
Not being a Chicago resident, why should I be outraged?

They elect their leaders and manage their lives as they see fit just like everyone else, in every other burg, in the US.

Now, if those types bring their bullsh*t to Sussex County, NJ, then I'll be outraged and expect my leaders to deal with it as me and my neighbors see fit.

Last edited by doc1; 09-01-2014 at 10:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies