Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2014, 10:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the title is so miss leading. they made assumptions on how much tax revenue they would make..

if they want to make more tax money?? then make all weed recreational!!!! if mj patients want to get discounted weed let em get a prescription like all other patients that have to get meds .. no cards.. and drop the price on the recreational weed as more will buy the product.. that should put a bigger dent in the black market..
I find it strange the drug cartels are able to make a living off of Americans who smoke pot.....who is smoking pot from Mexico and Central America?? When Americans can grow their own.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:03 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I know it was. The complaint is the state's argument was bogus. The argument was that the legalization would stop the illegal trade when in actuality in the way they have done this it's a huge positive for the illegal trade.

Well when government steps in instead of just backing off in many instances this is the type of result.

Old 09-03-2014, 03:40 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Here's real over simplification but it's truth. MJ is just a plant that occurs naturally all over the world. If people want to dig up weeds from the back yard and smoke them, let them. Government should have no interest in it at all.

Taxes: eliminate all taxes except for a universal sales tax. Tax spending, not earning. That's the only way to tax the rich, and they spend more than you or I (in case you didn't know...).

Old 09-03-2014, 05:34 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Here's real over simplification but it's truth. MJ is just a plant that occurs naturally all over the world. If people want to dig up weeds from the back yard and smoke them, let them. Government should have no interest in it at all.

Taxes: eliminate all taxes except for a universal sales tax. Tax spending, not earning. That's the only way to tax the rich, and they spend more than you or I (in case you didn't know...).
Great plan.....except now the government knows the $$$ it could bring their hands will be in it.

Look what they want to do with Lemonade stands.

Old 09-03-2014, 05:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
the title is so miss leading. they made assumptions on how much tax revenue they would make....
Yes, that assumption was sold to the public as 'fact' in order to get the gullible to vote for the legalization. The other assumption was that black market would disappear, but both talking points were false.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:05 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I find it strange the drug cartels are able to make a living off of Americans who smoke pot.....who is smoking pot from Mexico and Central America?? When Americans can grow their own.

I have not seen Mexican bricked shwag in years and I live in Texas, where they will hang you for growing pot.

Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post

Yes. I absolutely agree. A) the government nor anyone else has any business telling us what we can eat, drink, or smoke, and B) I fully support a flat sales tax and doing away with income tax and the IRS. This way EVERYONE is paying!

Old 09-03-2014, 06:47 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, that assumption was sold to the public as 'fact' in order to get the gullible to vote for the legalization. The other assumption was that black market would disappear, but both talking points were false.

the only gullible are the prohibitionist that think by keeping weed illegal will make everything all fine and dandy.. ever here that "3 strikes you're out" line.. well its more like 76 strikes you're out!!!! being the 76 years pot has been illegal that is. prohibition does not work!!!!

what ever they made is more than they made with prohibition.. weed should be legal period!!!

they need to do this if they want to make more tax revenue..

the title is so miss leading. they made assumptions on how much tax revenue they would make..

if they want to make more tax money?? then make all weed recreational!!!! if mj patients want to get discounted weed let em get a prescription like all other patients that have to get meds .. no cards.. and drop the price on the recreational weed as more will buy the product.. that should put a bigger dent in the black market..

Old 09-03-2014, 07:05 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
A big part of the problem is that there is big money in the prison and policing business.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
weed should be legal period!!!

End thread!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies