Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:08 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

..yet the leftists here will rush to defend him.

Quote:
The Department of Justice (DOJ) keeps giving radical leftist groups that support President Obama huge amounts of cash collected from big banks to settle discrimination and mortgage abuse lawsuits filed by the government.

Judicial Watch first reported the scheme two years ago when Countrywide Financial Corporation doled out $335 million to settle its discrimination lawsuit with the feds. The money was supposed to be distributed to more than 200,000 minority victims who supposedly were charged higher interest rates and fees than white borrowers based on their race not their credit. Instead, a chunk of the money went to Democrat-tied groups not connected to the lawsuit, including the scandal-plagued Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) and the open-borders National Council of La Raza (NCLR).

Now many of the same groups will get more money from a record $16.65 billion settlement with Bank of America. It’s a “historic resolution,” according to Attorney General Eric Holder, and the money will help make amends to borrowers and communities that were negatively affected by the bank’s conduct.
Leftover funds will go to politically-connected community groups—like the NCLR, Operation Hope and National Community Reinvestment Coalition—that intimidate banks into qualifying more minorities for home loans, even if they really can’t afford it. This part of the deal is conveniently buried in an annex to the 37-page DOJ agreement, but a publication dedicated to covering business, finance and economics draws attention to it in a scathing editorial that refers to the arrangement as extortion.
DOJ to Give Leftist Groups Cut of B of A Settlement - Judicial Watch
see also: Holder Cut Left-Wing Groups In On $17 Bil BofA Deal - Investors.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 08:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Notice that the DOJ goes after the banks for what the banks did to "the people".
The banks and DOJ settle on a huge sum of money.
That huge sum of money goes to the government.

"The people" that got screwed get ZERO.

And everyone seems to think that "justice was served".

I just shake my head every time I read about these huge bank settlements.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Notice that the DOJ goes after the banks for what the banks did to "the people".

Hah-very good point. Multi-National Corporations/Global Banks and Governments are disgustingly intertwined-and the people are left out of the picture completely.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:18 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:

yeah. just like the big tobacco windfalls.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:19 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
The Dept of Injustice strikes again.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:22 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,051,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The Dept of Injustice strikes again.
Yep.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
This was a part of the scam all along. Give the banks trillions and then sue them to get your taste. I've noted this for a long time.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:09 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,224,761 times
Quote:

The government was "screwed" a lot more than the people were in the mortgage scam run by businesses like Countrywide. People walked away with bad credit for a couple years. The government bailed out the rich and the banks. We the people are left with the debt. The government is US.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:24 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This was a part of the scam all along. Give the banks trillions and then sue them to get your taste. I've noted this for a long time.
The "Plan" was always clear. Reward your friends.

Transfer the Wealth

Old 09-03-2014, 10:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
And this is the government that the majority of people voted into power; a majority that has no clue what is going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies