Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 12:43 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,445,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Remember them all you want. No point in scarring the landscape with statues and memorials etc...we gonna do that for EVERY war ever fought?
Well, hopefully you tell your kids you don't want the landscape scarred with memorials to their father.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 12:44 PM

17,473 posts, read 17,304,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I would have been in this bunch were i alive back then.

BERLIN (AP) — Germany has inaugurated a memorial to more than 200,000 people with physical and mental disabilities who were killed by the Nazis after their lives were deemed "worthless."

Germany Opens A Memorial To Nazis' Disabled Victims
Now if only Japan would admit to their war crimes and try to make amends instead of deny.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:49 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,149,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Good for them.

But many countries did the same thing. The US also sterilized many "weak men".

The Obamacare "death panels" will acccomplish the same thing when people are deemed not worthy of medical care that they have paid for.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:56 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,445,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
The Obamacare "death panels" will acccomplish the same thing when people are deemed not worthy of medical care that they have paid for.
Death panels is a blatant lie.

While private health insurance companies routinely deny expensive life saving treatments that affect their bottom line. Not even a panel of doctors there from the death panel fantasy. Just some accountants.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:59 PM

430 posts, read 377,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
One of the reasons modern Germany enjoys respect in the community of nations is their absolute refusal to let the criminal behavior of their forefathers go unacknowledged.
What criminal behavior? The people in Germany at the time were merely following the law. The US is absolutely NO BETTER. Oh and as far as "criminal behavior" going unacknowledged that's enforced every day with Germany and pretty much every other European nations refusal to allow discussion on "facts" and free speech. You can be imprisoned for that there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well, hopefully you tell your kids you don't want the landscape scarred with memorials to their father.
Will do. Seeing how we aren't talking about cemetery to begin with,either way I want a viking funeral.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:32 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,687,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
What criminal behavior? The people in Germany at the time were merely following the law.
Ah, the Nuremberg defense. "Befehl ist Befehl". Like it or loathe it, Nuremberg established that there are lines you are not allowed to cross, even if a superior tells you so. The Germans learned a very harsh lesson on that. One would hope other nations could benefit from it, although I am not overly optimistic.

Quote:
The US is absolutely NO BETTER.
Than Nazi Germany? I beg to differ.

Quote:
Oh and as far as "criminal behavior" going unacknowledged that's enforced every day with Germany
What on Earth are you on about?

Quote:
and pretty much every other European nations refusal to allow discussion on "facts" and free speech. You can be imprisoned for that there.
Are you talking about Holocaust denial, or? Not sure I follow...

Old 09-03-2014, 01:35 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,159,923 times
Quote:
One of the reasons modern Germany enjoys respect in the community of nations is their absolute refusal to let the criminal behavior of their forefathers go unacknowledged.
They don't get respect from me. Wallowing in the sins of the father is not an admirable quality. Move on. Be strong.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:41 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,770,468 times
Quote:
I agree. I really wish japan would do the same.

Old 09-03-2014, 01:42 PM

430 posts, read 377,823 times
Quote:
Ah, the Nuremberg defense. "Befehl ist Befehl". Like it or loathe it, Nuremberg established that there are lines you are not allowed to cross, even if a superior tells you so. The Germans learned a very harsh lesson on that. One would hope other nations could benefit from it, although I am not overly optimistic.

Than Nazi Germany? I beg to differ.

What on Earth are you on about?

Are you talking about Holocaust denial, or? Not sure I follow...
Well I don't beg to differ. The US has committed war crimes in every way its ever been in especially the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of civilians when they dropped Nukes on Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
They don't get respect from me. Wallowing in the sins of the father is not an admirable quality. Move on. Be strong.
Exactly!

Old 09-03-2014, 01:42 PM

46,757 posts, read 25,687,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Germany isn't strong? By what metric? This should be interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies