Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well I am not in any of those organizations, so you will have to either refer to Google or find someone ft hat works for those agencies and ask them.

You claimed they didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, with the question "how are we going to know who they are"

Old 09-04-2014, 08:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You claimed they didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground, with the question "how are we going to know who they are"
That was an assumption on your part, just going over there and killing people that look like terrorists isn't the answer. Actually any invading isn't the answer because that doesn't actually do anything to end terrorism. There will always be people out there that wish to be the next big terrorist group and will thrive in any war torn country.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
That was an assumption on your part, just going over there and killing people that look like terrorists isn't the answer. Actually any invading isn't the answer because that doesn't actually do anything to end terrorism. There will always be people out there that wish to be the next big terrorist group and will thrive in any war torn country.
Yet that is what Obama is doing...air bombing and boots on the ground.
And this time Congress was left out of it. Obama did this on his own and sent a memo to Congress.

This one truly is "Obama's war".

Old 09-04-2014, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I don't think you read your own link....those are military advisers, not military boots for military operations. Your own link proves my point, thank you for that.

Renaming our military personnel to advisors, does not place them in limbo. There are over 1000 US military personnel on the ground, wearing boots(not a suit & tie) and could catch a round at anytime from someone that has sworn hatred toward the United States.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:36 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What does the CIA actually do? What does HLS actually do? What does the NSA actually do?
Two outta those three track domestic terrorists leaving the CIA to stir up sheet abroad.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:40 AM

Quote:

I didn't say it was the answer. In the context of the discussion and where it headed, you come to the assumption, profiling which is suppose to be illegal here, does not apply in a war zone. I asked what the CIA was for.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Two outta those three track domestic terrorists leaving the CIA to stir up sheet abroad.

Makes you wonder if it is not the CIA itself that is the shadow government, that really run the show.
New World Order and all that stuff.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I don't think you read your own link....those are military advisers, not military boots for military operations. Your own link proves my point, thank you for that.
Right..they are "military advisors" and we didn't invade..it's a "military mission".

Are you really that gullible ?

Yeah..we have 1200 "advisors" protecting the Embassy with what "Use your words" ?
What about the bombs dropping out of the sky ? Ah yes..."targeted bombings" taking out only terrorist operations.

Old 09-04-2014, 08:44 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
I took a spin on Fox last night. Seemed to me they were hawkish and focused on how the Obama Admin was not going to war. Many talking heads were spouting about boots on the ground and demanding the US act. This trended into the Russia/ Uke situation.

It was obvious to the most casual over server that it is politically convenient to sustain the perception that POTUS is responsible for everything that happens, everywhere.

They tread very lightly on the topic of The Saudi involvement. This is understandable, given the ownership of News Corp, parent of Fox News.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 09-04-2014 at 09:44 AM..

Old 09-04-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I took a spin on Fox last night. Seemed to me they were hawkish and focus on how the Obama Admin was not going to war. Many talking heads were spouting about boots on the ground and demanding the US act. This trended into the Russia/ Uke situation.

It was obvious to the most casual over server that it is politically convenient to sustain the perception that POTUS is responsible for everything that happens, everywhere.

They tread very lightly on the topic of The Saudi involvement. This is understandable, given the ownership of News Corp, parent of Fox News.
Well this time he really is. He decided on his own on August 8th to invade.
No vote by Congress..he sent them a "memo" a month later.

Bombs from the air and boots on the ground and Obama did this all by himself.
Yes, this truly is "Obama's war".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies