Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not silly stories...it's different scenarios. None of us could possibly know what would happen if we all owned guns. So we all have our own theory about it. That doesn't make any of us right or wrong. Nor does it make any of us silly.
It makes you look silly because all the various states with ccw do not have problems with permit holders shooting innocent people.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:09 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,890 times
you and a weapon should never be in the same plane of existence...........

Old 09-05-2014, 10:11 PM

Thankfully your more than a few hundred miles from me..........that would mean i'm out of "range".....

Old 09-05-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It makes you look silly because all the various states with ccw do not have problems with permit holders shooting innocent people.

You have got to be kidding me..........all states with CCW do not have a problem with you killing innocent people.........you need a padded room..........

Old 09-05-2014, 10:14 PM

32,053 posts, read 15,049,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
But how many of them have had to shoot someone. What is that percentage.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
You have got to be kidding me..........all states with CCW do not have a problem with you killing innocent people.........you need a padded room..........
I already provided a study stating that. Fact: a person with a ccw permit is 7 times less likely to commit a crime.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Thankfully your more than a few hundred miles from me..........that would mean i'm out of "range".....

Old 09-05-2014, 11:12 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,892,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think it's unrealistic to think teachers should be armed.
I don't think so. What I do think is that you grossly over estimate the amount of training that police have. There is a bill that was Vetoed in MO by Gov. Nixon that would have allowed for school districts to designate teachers and/or administrators to carry weapons. In order to do so, the teacher would have had to complete the exact same peace officers course as any cop in the state.....
If that's the case, then what's the problem? I see no problem with setting guidelines for teachers who choose to be armed, so long as their training is extensive and perpetual.
Quote:
They didn't sign up for that and it is not their job.
I don't believe in forcing anyone to be armed that doesn't want to be.
Quote:
I came up with security guards which you don't like because of the money.
I didn't say that "I" didn't like it, I said there will undoubtedly be some people who won't want to go for it. The way I see it, we protect celebrities with guns, we protect our elected officials with guns, we protect our money in banks with guns, so why not our kids?

Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you were in more gun battles than car accidents over your life you're living in the wrong area, especially if they occurred in a grocery store.
Nice distraction but that doesn't answer my question. Why is being prepared for an attack considered paranoid and fearful?

I never understood you guy's willingness to pretend that crime doesn't exist in order to lend credibility to your point. BNews falsh, crime happens everywhere. That's not paranoia, that's not fear mongering, it's just an unfortunate fact. If you've lulled yourself in to a false sense of security by believing your area is crime free, that's your perogative.
Quote:
Very simple to buckle up or put in a smoke detector, you don't have to worry about killing someone with either
I don't have to worry about killing someone with my gun either, so long as they don't attack me, I'm harmless.
Quote:
and you don't have to worry about them inadvertently taking a life.
A gun has never taken a life on it's own..... It's always the negligence of the person behind it that takes the life.

Old 09-05-2014, 11:22 PM

Quote:
The last thing I would want to see is a bunch of self important people packing guns every where in public.
Too late...... All 50 states have some form of concealed carry on the books and most are "shall issue" meaning that if you can legally buy a gun, you can legally carry it provided you go through the courses. There are approx. 11.5 million permit holders and that number continues to climb. I bet you pass by these self important people carrying a gun every day and don't even know it.....

Wetting your britches yet?
Quote:
Who determines a nutcase? The police are trained to enforce our laws and to handle armed criminals.. you are not. Any idiot around me with a weapon is going to put me on red alert...........You gonna wear some kind of badge proclaiming yourself some kind of vigilante?? Who voted you into the role of "protector at Kroger"..........stay the hell away from me.........Probably more likely an innocent person gets shot by some idiot who thinks he is matt dillon than the real perp............
Do you even have any concept of what a carry permit is for? It's not so that you can be some crime fighting hero and stop mad men and thugs...... Trust me, if you and I were at Kroger and someone started attacking you, you'll get no help from me. I'll be high tailing it outa there. I don't carry a gun to protect you..... I carry one to protect myself and my family, and only if I were in danger would I ever use that weapon.

If you ask me, it's you who seems like the "self-important" one, assuming we care about you enough to draw a weapon and take a life in order to protect you.... Quite a high opinion of yourself you've got there....

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-05-2014 at 11:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies