Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Your more likely to die having a heart attack............ so why don't you carry a defibrillator???MayoClinic.com Health Library - Automated external defibrillators: Do you need an AED?

or... guns are just more exciting?
Hey, if someone wants to tote a defibrillator around with them, more power to them.....

Old 09-05-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't know, maybe they want the teacher to have it tucked into their pants while teaching
That's how a lot of people carry their weapon concealed..... inside the waistband with the proper IWB holster. Not only that but not having a weapon in your immediate control, especially in a sensitive area like a school, is a big no-no. If you can't be bothered to keep it on you, don't bother bringing it in the first place.

Quote:
The point is this could very well happen if we were all allowed to carry guns. There would be no rules or guidelines. We could just carry and shoot. Do you honestly think innocent people would not be harmed.
We basically are. As I mentioned earlier, all 50 states have some form of CCW law on the books, and most are "shall issue" meaning if you have a clean record, the issueing authority has no discretion in the matter and has to issue you a permit.

Last count was 11.5 million valid permits out there, and yet we aren't seeing you guys's gloom and doom predictionns coming to fruition. How do you explain that?

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-06-2014 at 12:02 AM..

Old 09-05-2014, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Do you have the psychic abilities to be 100% sure that you will be able to determine exactly when and where to shoot someone in "self defense"?
If someone is attacking me, I think I'd know who it was, especially considering most self defense situations happen within ten to 15 feet.
Quote:
My problem with you is that I don't think you do........
That's fine, your approval is not desired, nor is it required......
Quote:
and you pose a danger to ME.........
The only way I pose a danger to you is if you are attacking me, or mugging me, or trying to break in to my house, etc? Is thuggery your occupation? If not, you have nothing to fear from me.
Quote:
can you assure me when you pull out that firearm you will always hit what you shoot at?? How will you know its the right target?
What are you even talking about......? "target"? At what distance do you think I'll be shooting? Accross a parking lot or something? As I said before, anyone at such a distance that I'm unsure of who is who, would not be posing an immediate danger to me personally, so that weapon will never come out, nor would I have a legal right to draw it in that instance. If I see someone attacking you or your loved one accross the wal-mart parking lot? No worries, I won't be doing any shooting that day, I don't carry a firearm for your safety, only mine.

Quote:
went right over your head as you stumbled over yourself to repeat your cute "blood in the streets".
Heres the csenario...........you and I are in kroger......... guy at the info counter pulls a gun and trys to rob the clerk.........you go into Matt dillon mode.......draw your weapon and tell the guy to drop it. He turns and fires at you. you fire back........you kill him and the clerk.......he misses you but hits and kills the 10 year old girl frozen in fright right behind you. You caused two people to be killed. If you had just stayed put and shut up.. robber would have gotton money from clerk and fled. no one hurt.......
Get it now??
Here you go with that self important attitude again..... the purpose behind carrying a weapon is not so that you can fight crime or be a "super-hero"..... Having a CCW does not give you a legal right to intervene in any criminal activity. Some people have, and some people have been charged for doing so as well, even though their actions may have saved a life.... That's one of the FIRST things we went over in my CCW class; cops don't want your help, just be a good witness.

In the scenario you describe above, I wouldn't draw my weapon at all, because no immediate threat to MY life exists.

Quote:
Heres one more just for your bedtime............you and two of your buds are in kroger and you see a perp pulling a gun........ you go for yours and shoot yourself.. your two buds pull and shoot each other...... the perp laughs his ass off and continues his robbery.............
You have a wild imagination don't you? lol.... this is pathetic, even for you.... "well what if a purple elephant appears out of thin air and you accidentally shoot it"..... ( this is a fun game, can I play to? )

You're long on stereotypes and wild stories and short on facts. Maybe you should quit paying attention to MOMS DEMAND ACTION and actually learn something about the people for whom you have so much disdain for, and you'll see just how responsible and serious most gun owners are. Hell, go take a CCW class yourself. Even if you don't want to carry, it'd be educational. After you do that, then come back and tell me you still feel the same way.

Drop the self important attitude.... Like I said, we don't carry to protect you, we couldn't care less about your safety, you can take your chances waiting on the police to show up and save your bacon for all I care, we carry to protect ourselves.....

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 09-06-2014 at 12:14 AM..

Old 09-06-2014, 02:02 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
I don't know, maybe they want the teacher to have it tucked into their pants while teaching
There are going to be some bad-a$$ nuns in Catholic schools.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:48 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If someone is attacking me, I think I'd know who it was, especially considering most self defense situations happen within ten to 15 feet.

That's fine, your approval is not desired, nor is it required......

The only way I pose a danger to you is if you are attacking me, or mugging me, or trying to break in to my house, etc? Is thuggery your occupation? If not, you have nothing to fear from me.

What are you even talking about......? "target"? At what distance do you think I'll be shooting? Accross a parking lot or something? As I said before, anyone at such a distance that I'm unsure of who is who, would not be posing an immediate danger to me personally, so that weapon will never come out, nor would I have a legal right to draw it in that instance. If I see someone attacking you or your loved one accross the wal-mart parking lot? No worries, I won't be doing any shooting that day, I don't carry a firearm for your safety, only mine.

Here you go with that self important attitude again..... the purpose behind carrying a weapon is not so that you can fight crime or be a "super-hero"..... Having a CCW does not give you a legal right to intervene in any criminal activity. Some people have, and some people have been charged for doing so as well, even though their actions may have saved a life.... That's one of the FIRST things we went over in my CCW class; cops don't want your help, just be a good witness.

In the scenario you describe above, I wouldn't draw my weapon at all, because no immediate threat to MY life exists.

You have a wild imagination don't you? lol.... this is pathetic, even for you.... "well what if a purple elephant appears out of thin air and you accidentally shoot it"..... ( this is a fun game, can I play to? )

You're long on stereotypes and wild stories and short on facts. Maybe you should quit paying attention to MOMS DEMAND ACTION and actually learn something about the people for whom you have so much disdain for, and you'll see just how responsible and serious most gun owners are. Hell, go take a CCW class yourself. Even if you don't want to carry, it'd be educational. After you do that, then come back and tell me you still feel the same way.

Drop the self important attitude.... Like I said, we don't carry to protect you, we couldn't care less about your safety, you can take your chances waiting on the police to show up and save your bacon for all I care, we carry to protect ourselves.....

Had my weapons training a long time ago..........as to being a gun owner.............my business.
wild imagination?? I have seen things done with weapons that would curdle your blood sonny.........

Old 09-06-2014, 10:13 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No more fearful then those who buckle up their seatbelts in case they're in an accident, or install smoke detectors in case of a fire, or carry a spare tire in case of a flat....

Why is it that when people take those precautions, they're considered smart, but when they carry a gun for self protection, they're considered paranoid and fearful?

BTW, I'm not referring to these ***hats who carry an AK-47 to Kroger. They're looking for attention and getting plenty of it. I'm talking about those of us who carry a gun throughout our daily lives, concealed or otherwise, and have no desire to put on a show.

So your idea is that since kids are already overly desensitised to violence, we may as well desensitize them to sex and normalise promiscuity as well? I wonder if you're the type to throw gas on an out of control fire in an effort to put it out?
Seat belts and smoke detectors are not tools used to kill. Guns have no other purpose.

I'm not sure why you associate a body part automatically with ****ing. Good lord. Seeing a naked human body will not desensitize children to promiscuity. Where does that leap come from??? I suppose we could always force our women into burkas. LOL

Old 09-06-2014, 10:56 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Seat belts and smoke detectors are not tools used to kill. Guns have no other purpose.
Guns have no other purpose than to kill? There are an awful lot of people in the shooting sports that would disagree with that. I know of college scholarships that have educated many kids because of their firearm skills.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:17 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Say what, where the hey did you get this idea? DH & I both have a CCW. That doesn't mean we strap up when we go to Kroger or Applebee.

edit to add: such a silly poster you are, and on to my ignore list you go.
That's is using the same wisdom as saying I only bring my spare tire along on my commute to work, because that's the only time I might need it.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:24 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post

More people die each year by a completely unarmed murder than by those armed with long guns/shot guns. So I guess we should probably be far more worried about people with hands than people with an AK-47 slung over their shoulder.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:40 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
I am a "Liberal" and SUPPORT gun ownership, BUT the people that feel they MUST carry their gun everywhere they go worry me.

As far as the propaganda photo in the OP article, NEITHER person should allowed in the store.

What happen to the "let the business owner decide" that ya'll scream about when it comes to things like smoking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies