Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,048,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I separate Liberals from Leftists in my mind because I think they are different. A Liberal wants few controls on personal behavior while a Leftist wants full control of personal behavior. Liberals do clash with a certain element of the Religious Right because they perceive the RR as trying to control their behavior. Liberals also clash with Muslims for the same reason.

Leftists are those people that believe they are smarter than everybody else and want to decide what behavior is acceptable and control everyone. Muslims and Leftists are aligned in that they see the USA and Religious Right as being in the way of their control goals. They both hate traditional America and Americans. These are the 2 groups I'm fighting to prevent their control over me and my family.
Agreed.

Unfortunately, some Leftists are confused and try to call themselves Liberals.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I didn't say they got a fair trial. You claimed they were hung for "no reason" other than "being black." That is simply not the case, in general. Being a suspect in a capital offense is not a valid or sufficient reason, but it is not "no reason."

By today's procedural standards, nobody at that time would be said to have gotten a fair trial.
And I suppose slaves weren't hung for trying to run away? SMH

The point is: Christians have a history of killing Christians, right up to the 60s.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
The difference is that modern (post Crusades) Christians don't take these passages literally and actully kill people of other faiths as part of some perceived holy war.

Christians may not believe in adultery, but they don't bury women who they think are guilty of it up to their necks and hurl rocks at their heads until they are dead, do they?

And for the life of me, I really can't remember how long it's been since the last time I saw a Christian load up a video on YouTube of a Christian cutting a Muslim's head off.

But hey, maybe I missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
So what you're saying then is that Christians aren't as dedicated to following their religion as Muslims are. Got it.
No, large parts of the Old Testament have to be taken in an historic context and are no longer practiced, unlike the New Testament.

Discussing any deeper than that would be more appropriate for the Religion forum.

Old 09-05-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well, I'll say one thing for muslims, even the 'radical' ones… at least they don't scream "victim" every chance they get (unlike certain woosy "christians" I can think of)!
Hey, maybe they're just taking pointers from "war on women", "war on gays", "war on the poor" etc.
I mean after all, the so-called "war on women" was even part of Obama's re-election campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies