Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you think Bush was a bad President?
Iraq related issues (mishandling/WMDs/intelligence/etc) 62 50.00%
9/11 related issues 4 3.23%
Religious issues (gays/abortion/sep of church and state) 3 2.42%
Environmental/Climate change issues 4 3.23%
Economic issues 8 6.45%
Other 19 15.32%
I think Bush is a good President 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 03:31 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,625,834 times

Advertisements

That is indeed true. It is only a matter of what one find more important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I second that....

Last edited by internat; 12-26-2007 at 04:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2007, 03:32 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,625,834 times
What about Ron Paul? He has been consistent. I believe people can tell if a person is honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbeatishot View Post
Bush, like all politicians, isn't going to do his job for the people, he's in it for himself. And until some golden boy/girl steps up and runs for president with more than him/herself in mind we're not going to get a genuine politician, much less a president, in office. And we can't expect that from Clinton and Obama (as much as I like Clinton).

Old 12-26-2007, 03:42 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,403,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
The Bush administration didn't do much for Katrina and Rita victims.

Of course that is just one thing, but a pretty big one, I'd say.
That whole mess was because the state and Clinton ignored the fact that they needed to be replaced but nobody wanted to shell out the money for it.
Plus people building below sea level.............what do you expect to happen.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,769,041 times
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

This is the Presidential Oath. No other President has demonstrated a poorer understanding of the Constitution, and done so much to undermine it. His administration has been the most secretive, least transparent administration of this century; Bush along with Cheney has actively worked to undermine Congressional oversight and upset the balance of power; Bush has treated the Department of Justice as a lapdog rather than a watchdog; he has appointed people to key positions who lack the most basic qualifications and skills to perform their duties; he has promoted those people who echo Bush's sentiments and opinions and rid himself of people who would voice opposing ideas to the detriment of the President's office, irreparably impairing his ability to execute the duties of his office.

Do I think he's a bad man? No, but he's a man who doesn't like argument, who doesn't like the press, who prefers to take things on face value rather than taking the time to do full investigation. This is the kind of person who is prone to abuses of power, and I think Bush has amply demonstrated this.

DC

Old 12-26-2007, 04:45 PM

68,292 posts, read 54,124,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
That whole mess was because the state and Clinton ignored the fact that they needed to be replaced but nobody wanted to shell out the money for it.

If, as you seem to be implying, this was such a glaring, well known, obvious to a blind man problem perhaps you can tell us what Bush did to correct the situation in the more than four years he had the opportunity to act?

And poor response has nothing to do with what problems did/didn't exist prior to Katrins.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:48 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,869,674 times
Bush's biggest sin was expanding the federal gov't by 30% through the patriot act, and nationalized education. So much for small gov't republicans.

Old 12-27-2007, 12:41 AM

2,935 posts, read 4,990,102 times
Rule by ideology.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:57 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,528,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
the Netherlands are below sea level too but you didn't see 1800 of their citizens floating dead in their streets every time a North Sea storm flooded them.

It's called priorities and the Army Corps failed New Orleans miserably.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:15 AM

419 posts, read 2,015,963 times
He lacks communication skills and as a result is not able to sell his ideas to Congress, the public, the world leaders or the media.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:50 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,350,345 times
Only history will tell if he was a good or bad President. People that are saying now that he is horrible, to me, are very ignorant about how politics work and the time it takes for something to take hold or change. Remember, Ronald Reagan was not the most popular man when he was in office, either--and now he ranks as a very popular President by Americans. questioner2 mentions Bush lacks communication skills. Not so. And, if I may add, people thought Reagan was goofy when it came to his people skills, so...? Though I don't mean to insinuate that George W. Bush is Reagan or like him, it's just hard to say right now whether his policies and tactics are really what is best or worst for us.

Personally speaking, I think history will show he was a good President that kept us safe after 9/11 and looked out for our interests as a country to others, and within our country as well.

That is, as long as history isn't written by CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC correspondents or the LA Times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies