Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you think Bush was a bad President?
Iraq related issues (mishandling/WMDs/intelligence/etc) 62 50.00%
9/11 related issues 4 3.23%
Religious issues (gays/abortion/sep of church and state) 3 2.42%
Environmental/Climate change issues 4 3.23%
Economic issues 8 6.45%
Other 19 15.32%
I think Bush is a good President 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 09:32 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,769,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post

Only history can and will judge how good President Bush's term was...not the general public or the liberal news media.
Public opinion and the media will all play a part in how President Bush's terms will be evaluated. Time and hindsight will certainly give us a greater appreciation of the impact of President Bush's actions, but the perceptions of today will inform and color our evaluations in the future.

DC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 10:04 AM

13,562 posts, read 21,333,700 times
I said I think Bush is overall a failure.But Katrina,you can't blame him totally for that,the state and local governments are as much if not more to blame.Don't let your partisan politics get the best of you.There are things to legitamately blame him for,but there are other things I think some blame him for just because they want to.

Regarding the thought that he is a good hearted man just trying to protect this country,maybe so but even people with good intentions can become blinded to their cause where in time a twisted logic evolves into the thought that the end justifies the means,which is still corrupt in the end.Case in point,those that murder abortion doctors,those that destroy car dealers to protect the enviroment.Those that would imprison and confiscate gunowners for a end "peaceful" society.Those that would create a religious agenda through legislation to bring morality back.The end does not justify the means.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:10 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,226,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Only history will tell if he was a good or bad President. People that are saying now that he is horrible, to me, are very ignorant about how politics work and the time it takes for something to take hold or change. Remember, Ronald Reagan was not the most popular man when he was in office, either--and now he ranks as a very popular President by Americans. questioner2 mentions Bush lacks communication skills. Not so. And, if I may add, people thought Reagan was goofy when it came to his people skills, so...? Though I don't mean to insinuate that George W. Bush is Reagan or like him, it's just hard to say right now whether his policies and tactics are really what is best or worst for us.

Personally speaking, I think history will show he was a good President that kept us safe after 9/11 and looked out for our interests as a country to others, and within our country as well.

That is, as long as history isn't written by CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC correspondents or the LA Times.

You are seriously misinformed as to Bush's achievements vs his failures. Where to start??

Last edited by Mag3.14; 12-28-2007 at 10:20 AM..

Old 12-28-2007, 10:16 AM

626 posts, read 991,045 times
Bush will forever be known as the President who destroyed the dollar, and I voted for this dumb$^#& (once).

Old 12-28-2007, 04:30 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,729,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Too bad there isn't a choice for all of the above.
I totally agree with you. All of the above "other" should have been a choice.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:54 PM

222 posts, read 689,545 times
I guess where my biggest amount of confusion comes from is the focus shifting from Osama bin Laden to Saddam Hussein like we were supposed to forget we were looking for Osama in the first place. America's Most Wanted can find people but no one can find Osama. Then we shifted from Osama to Saddam to illegal immigrants. No one seemed to have a problem that many of the members of al-Qaeda were educated right here in the good ole USA

I vote for all of the above

Old 12-28-2007, 05:22 PM

7,163 posts, read 4,729,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
That's kind of a strange question to ask when President Bush was in power for only 9 months. The obvious question should be why didn't Clinton protect us?
Clinton was not in office on 09/11/2001, Mr. Bush was. For someone who likes to tell others to engage in personal responsibility, he is reluctant to do the same. I do not know of any employer that'll give 9 months to a new hire to learn a job. America is supposed to be the greatest country on earth, surely, we should be able to have a president who is not soooo far behind the power curve.

I am so tired of hearing excuses for his incompetence: the president didn't know, how was he to know, the governor of Miss. didn't call him, the president was given bad info, etc. Please, enough is enough.

I knew we were in trouble on 9/11 when Bush didn't show up on TV for hours.
A TRUE leader would have been on TV right away. Never mind security protocols. The English Queen Mum set the standard back in WWII.

A true leader could have done so much right after 9/11, but Bush squandered the opportunities.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,124,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I said I think Bush is overall a failure.But Katrina,you can't blame him totally for that,the state and local governments are as much if not more to blame.Don't let your partisan politics get the best of you.There are things to legitamately blame him for,but there are other things I think some blame him for just because they want to.
Local politicians definitely failed us before, during, and after Katrina. So no, the Bush administration should not take all the blame. But they still failed us as well.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:18 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,262,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Local politicians definitely failed us before, during, and after Katrina. So no, the Bush administration should not take all the blame. But they still failed us as well.
The French, who decided that building a city below the water line was a good idea, failed us first. And with lasting malevolence.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:06 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,124,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
The French, who decided that building a city below the water line was a good idea, failed us first. And with lasting malevolence.
...but only parts of the city are actually below sea level
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies