Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do you think Bush was a bad President?
Iraq related issues (mishandling/WMDs/intelligence/etc) 62 50.00%
9/11 related issues 4 3.23%
Religious issues (gays/abortion/sep of church and state) 3 2.42%
Environmental/Climate change issues 4 3.23%
Economic issues 8 6.45%
Other 19 15.32%
I think Bush is a good President 24 19.35%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 01:15 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,651,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
We do need a strong military. That is why we need to stop blowing everything we have in an endless peacekeeping mission in the Middle East. Give our army time to train personnel and maintain equipment and learn how to fight conventional wars again.
I can say that Bush was given enough intell to know something was coming, but the 911 commission has stated that the intel he did get was not complete.

In my opinion and its ok for you to have your own, terrosist grew rapidly during the Clinton years and his tea party policies allowed it to grow to the point that we were not expecting it.

No more holding hands, no more tea parties, get us out of the UN and we will again be strong.

I want them home too but we need to not walk out until the job is completed and the military brass feel it is time, not people like you and me.

My American I see is for us to be self reliant, self protected and never rely on others for anything, including oil. Sure the perfect world would be have them at home protecting our borders and for us to again become an Industrial nation and not this techy crap everyone thinks we should be.

I want a trade deficit that benefits us for once, I want others to know that if you mess with us we will be ready to take you out without any stumbling.

I agree this mission was not well managed, but we are there and have to finish what we started.

We ALL need to back the troops and speed up the efforts to get it done.

* My opinion is to get out asap, complete the jobs and rebuild because I personally believe China and Russia are building forces that we cannot compete with in years to come.

Thank your brother for serving our country, I know they all volunteered and it is not a great place to be, but we need to get the job done.

If I were GW I would take control of the media in Iraq kick ass and take names and force them to take control of their own country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 01:36 PM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
It does not take research to know that libs would do anything to see Iraq fail, if our troops fail so does GW and that is what you guys want.

And just what would constitute success in Iraq?

Old 01-01-2008, 01:43 PM

68,287 posts, read 54,108,627 times
Quote:
USS Cole happened on Wild Bills watch and he failed to react to signs it was coming. .

And 9/11 happened on Bush's watch.

Clinton had 3 months left in officewhen the USS Cole was attacked--that's supposed to be enough time to investigate, determine those responsible, and retaliate while in the 7 years since 9/11 happened on Bush's watch he has has invaded/occupied a nation with no responsibility for 9/11 while failing to get those responsible?

The level of expectation is certainly a moving target

Old 01-01-2008, 02:08 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,417,745 times
Quote:
It does not take research to know that libs would do anything to see Iraq fail, if our troops fail so does GW and that is what you guys want.

USS Cole happened on Wild Bills watch and he failed to react to signs it was coming.

Sorry you are in the military and didnt even know that.

Ohh Just because the cold war happened doesnt mean that you do not need a strong military, the lib tree suckers who have tea with Saudi Shieks like WIld Bill does need to understand that we NEED a strong Military at ALL times.

Some folks claim to know nearly everything. And they've never needed to do a minute's research to gain all of this knowledge.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:14 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,599,064 times
To answer the original question will require an army of historians the next generation to describe. Fortunately Chalmers Johnson has already published three books on the topic.

Blowback
Sorrows of Empire
Nemesis

There are also many books describing how the Bushistas hijacked the last two elections. I am waiting for a future Attorney General to bring Federal indictments for fraud and corruption on the whole bunch. That will be interesting.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,526,669 times
Quote:
We do need a strong military. That is why we need to stop blowing everything we have in an endless peacekeeping mission in the Middle East. Give our army time to train personnel and maintain equipment and learn how to fight conventional wars again.
It's difficult to fight terrorism with conventional war. The terrorists can easily bypass armies, tanks and fighter jets along with the navy.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 AM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
May 02, 2006

Old 01-02-2008, 09:13 AM

5,408 posts, read 7,778,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
It's difficult to fight terrorism with conventional war. The terrorists can easily bypass armies, tanks and fighter jets along with the navy.
Understood. Which is why our army is being criminally misused today as policemen. They need to get back to being an army and be ready to handle actual military conflicts that arise.

Leave the terrorism fighting to the intelligence communities and diplomats and special forces.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:24 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,344,684 times
Quote:
You want to feel safe, get a teddy bear.

What a ridiculous thing to say.

It's funny how the liberals on CD just foam at the mouth when it comes to Bush. Really funny, actually, but in a sad, pathetic kind of way, if that's possible. At first you laugh because you can't believe what you just read, then you stop laughing because you can't believe people can possibly be as ill-informed as they are. Then you realize you're talking about half the country blindly following the Nancy Pelosi/Harry Reid/Billary Guide To Politics and you know you're in trouble as a nation.

Hooooooo boy. Okay, I take it back. Not so funny.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:45 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,417,745 times
Quote:

You can hate him all you want but I surely feel safe with him being there.
Homeland Security at work

"... and if you know of anyone, anywhere, who for whatever reason, doesn't feel their security is threatened, be sure to let us know immediately."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies