Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:05 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Now that we are in our 3rd war in the Middle East...I have to wonder, just how much longer are we going to keep sending young Americans to fight and die for the people of the Middle East? People that not only don't like us very much, but that are in the vast majority of cases too da*m lazy or complacent to oppose their oppressors and fight for their own freedom. Or worse, those that support animals like ISIS.

We are once again inserting ourselves in the middle of yet another ME civil war. Are we unable or unwilling to learn from our mistakes? Is our country and leadership (of both parties) really this stupid? How many more American lives will we sacrifice for people that don't deserve our sacrifice?

I'll admit it....in '03 I didn't oppose the Iraq war. We had 3000 Americans slaughtered by Middle East radicals...and dropping a few bombs in the Torah Borah mountains hadn't really provided much satisfaction or justice. I recognize now that this was a mistake. Yet getting involved in this current Gulf War is even more of a mistake. ISIS hasn't attacked the US, only Middle East countries. There is no reason to lose more American servicemen and women fighting to protect or liberate the people of the Middle East. How much more of the product of our taxpayers hard work and effort will we throw away?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2014, 09:29 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,378,874 times
Obama bowing to conservative pressure. Conservatives aren't happy unless we are dumping trillions of dollars into third world countries to solve their problems. But when the government gives an American citizen one cent in entitlements their up in arms!

Old 09-05-2014, 09:34 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,108,579 times
Although there are about 1,000 troops in Iraq, they are not actively fighting the enemy, and according to Obama they are there as "advisors" and to protect the American Embassy.

Besides, Obama and Kerry said there will be no boots on the ground in Iraq. Don't you trust them???

Old 09-05-2014, 09:41 AM

430 posts, read 379,873 times
Fighting a group that was CIA and Mossad trained and funded....amazing how things work.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:54 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Although there are about 1,000 troops in Iraq, they are not actively fighting the enemy, and according to Obama they are there as "advisors" and to protect the American Embassy.

Besides, Obama and Kerry said there will be no boots on the ground in Iraq. Don't you trust them???
My count is closer to about 1,500 "no boots" in Iraq, including the additional 350 or so sent this week - BUT you are absolutely correct. There is NO indication that Team Obama is going to War in Syria or in Iraq. He has made it clear that he does not believe there is any threat to the "Homeland" and that the "no boots" in Iraq are there to protect the Embassies. We have already abandoned our Embassy in Tripoli, Libya and in Syria. The "hand wringers" over "War" can rest easy.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:57 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
My count is closer to about 1,500 "no boots" in Iraq, including the additional 350 or so sent this week - BUT you are absolutely correct. There is NO indication that Team Obama is going to War in Syria or in Iraq. He has made it clear that he does not believe there is any threat to the "Homeland" and that the "no boots" in Iraq are there to protect the Embassies. We have already abandoned our Embassy in Tripoli, Libya and in Syria. The "hand wringers" over "War" can rest easy.
I'll rest easier when we abandon the huge $$$ wasting embassy in Iraq too and leave Iraq to fend for itself. The Iraq Army so quickly giving up the fight confirms it's beyond senseless for us to fight for them.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Now that we are in our 3rd war in the Middle East...I have to wonder, just how much longer are we going to keep sending young Americans to fight and die for the people of the Middle East? People that not only don't like us very much, but that are in the vast majority of cases too da*m lazy or complacent to oppose their oppressors and fight for their own freedom. Or worse, those that support animals like ISIS.

We are once again inserting ourselves in the middle of yet another ME civil war. Are we unable or unwilling to learn from our mistakes? Is our country and leadership (of both parties) really this stupid? How many more American lives will we sacrifice for people that don't deserve our sacrifice?

I'll admit it....in '03 I didn't oppose the Iraq war. We had 3000 Americans slaughtered by Middle East radicals...and dropping a few bombs in the Torah Borah mountains hadn't really provided much satisfaction or justice. I recognize now that this was a mistake. Yet getting involved in this current Gulf War is even more of a mistake. ISIS hasn't attacked the US, only Middle East countries. There is no reason to lose more American servicemen and women fighting to protect or liberate the people of the Middle East. How much more of the product of our taxpayers hard work and effort will we throw away?
Our youth is cannon fodder and acceptable losses if the profit is obtainable.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:04 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
IMO.....the UAS should either make a massive move against ISIS as many troops as it takes.....or, bomb most of the country.

Or, stay home.

Stop just picking a scab.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:08 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,742,907 times
As many as is necessary to plump up the pockets of the bankers collecting usury and the suppliers of the military complex. They can never have enough wealth and the masses never stop making more bodies to dispose of for profit.

Old 09-05-2014, 10:21 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
well according to this article,

"Defeating Isis will require boosting the western advisory and special operations presence in Iraq to somewhere in the neighbourhood of 10,000 to 15,000 personnel and sending aircraft that will be based in Iraq, rather than at sea or from distant bases, to facilitate a more sustained bombing campaign. "

Another Iraq war is coming

I would say hundreds if not thousands would die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies