Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 12:35 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_human_being View Post
You work for someone else though, correct? You work for a paycheck, correct? I don't. So you tell me who's the most intelligent, and the most wealthy?

I will admit if you've never used a condom yourself you might need to do some research or at least ask a man.
Strike a nerve did I? You seem to be a little agitated that I pointed out your ignorance.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:36 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,481,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Which is more than double the number of reported abortions in recent years. Yet the former is "rare" while the later is an epidemic that must be dealt with immediately.

Logic. It's not so strong for them.
"Double" is a statistic? Come on now genius. Do a search on the total number of abortions as result of rape vs. the total number od abortions and post the percentage. Should be easy enough for a scientist like you to accomplish.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:36 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Because our moral standards are higher than you Liberals on ALL issues.
Lol! Get off your pedestal...it's a long way down.

The Shameful Record of Republican Sexual Misconduct:

Old 09-06-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Strike a nerve did I? You seem to be a little agitated that I pointed out your ignorance.
No. Just stated the obvious. I noticed you failed to respond to my questions. You're just a little 9 to 5 worker bee.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:37 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Yes and I agree with you but these cases like rape and incest are the exceptions and are very rare today.
They are however, rare as they are, often trotted out in order to lend credence and justification for all abortions by abortion supporters...
Here's the problem: the anti-abortion movement has made it increasingly difficult, if not impossible, for women whose pregnancies are affected by severe defect, which you appear to agree is a valid reason for abortion, to receive one. I ended up having to travel to another state to receive care, because none of the local hospitals would accommodate me. My own perinatalogist, who agreed with my decision to abort and was qualified to perform the procedure, could not help me, because he would have been in violation of the hospital's code of ethics. That's an incredible burden to place on a woman already facing such a terrible situation.

Last edited by randomparent; 09-06-2014 at 12:47 PM..

Old 09-06-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Lol! Get off your pedestal...it's a long way down.

The Shameful Record of Republican Sexual Misconduct:
Too bad you cannot make me fall, isn't it? Why not try to come up?

Old 09-06-2014, 12:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
You work for someone else though, correct? You work for a paycheck, correct? I don't. So you tell me who's the most intelligent, and the most wealthy?

I will admit if you've never used a condom yourself you might need to do some research or at least ask a man.
Damn, you really are full of yourself, aren't you^

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
Quote:
"Double" is a statistic?
Uhh, no. It's a word. An adjective, in this case. Though to be fair I misread 250,000 as 2,500,000, so I was incorrect.

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Here's the problem: the anti-abortion movement has made it increasingly difficult, if not impossible, for women whose pregnancies are affected by severe defect to abort. I ended up having to travel to another state to receive care, because none of the local hospitals would accommodate me. My own perinatalogist, who agreed with my decision to abort and was qualified to perform the procedure, could not help me, because he would have been in violation of the hospital's code of ethics. That's an incredible burden to place on a woman already facing such a terrible situation

no one should have to travel out of state for health care.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
they don't want abortions nor do they want better sex ed and birth control availability either. go figure.
Birth control has readily been available for years. I've never seen a teenager who need or wanted any sex education. They already knew all about it. You're not living in reality. Actually more abortions are occurring among women in their twenties to early thirties. These women already should know plenty about sex. What the kids need is a good father and mother and a good church to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies