Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 03:58 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,460,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Yeah but this is one criminal we won't have to worry about harming another citizen...good news there.
Well of course, those that screw up never should get a second chance.

Even those that just require a clean driving record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2014, 04:19 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
A 'good boy' & aspiring rapper no doubt.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:25 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i guarantee if you did it here you would be charged with criminal charges and would face years of litigation from the family who would swear the deceased was a model child.
most people think using a gun is the end of their problems just like in the movies. its not its just the beginning.
the worst thing that can happen to a cop is he use his gun. he will try to avoid using it. criminals know this and try to take guns away from cops but CCW's people think the thugs are going to run when you pull your gun.
not so. they are going to die. do you get it???? they think you are going to back down bek that is what usually happens but it wont this time they are going to die. and then the family is going to press charges. and you my friend are going to lose your house and job over a worthless thug.
Screw the family. I just wish the guy could shoot straighter. ! out of 5 isn't very accurate. That being
said, I'll bet he going to be a better, quicker shot next time around.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:27 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Wasn't a bright kid that's for sure. He was shot once in attempted robbery a month ago, you'd think that's be a wake up call. Good riddance.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:30 PM

1,782 posts, read 2,745,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
I guarantee if you did it here you would be charged with criminal charges and would face years of litigation from the family who would swear the deceased was a model child.
That's why I couldn't bear to live in California.

Here in Virginia, you have a legal right to defend yourself. And if the thugs (and/or their family) try and sue you, they're probably not going to win. BTW, I highly recommend that everyone with anything to lose purchase an "Umbrella policy" which can be added to an existing homeowners/renters insurance policy. It provides additional liability (up to $1 million) if you get sued.

And if you DO get sued, the insurance company will hire a top-notch attorney to defend you (and themselves).

Here in Virginia, violent crime is down, and it's probably because concealed handgun permits have gone way, way up.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:30 PM

23,550 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sometimes things stand out to me that makes me wonder. I have no problem what happened here based upon the limited information but i have to ask.......

The teen had previously been charged with armed robbery, auto theft, theft, and fleeing.

How do they know this? He was a minor, any records would be sealed. Maybe they asked other teens about him but still, shouldn't you have to verify information like this before posting it as factual?
His friends, neighbors and prior victims and family know the scoop, maybe one of them talked.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:35 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Mob of "teens" try to rob group of people CCW carrier delivers justice.

It is a shame that he didn't get a few more of them.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:38 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Well of course, those that screw up never should get a second chance.
From the article:
He fatally shot one of the robbers, a 15-year-old known gang member who was already the victim of another non-fatal shooting on August 1. The teen had previously been charged with armed robbery, auto theft, theft, and fleeing.

That's a lot of second chances, and this kid was already on a path that led to a predictable end.

I'm glad that the victim refused to be a victim in this case. He did right.

But a big part of me is also very sad that this kid got so screwed up so young. He was just a kid. 15 years ago he was an innocent newborn who was nothing more than a blank slate ready for the world to embrace him. Somebody can get THAT screwed up in such a short period of time and that is incredibly sad. The kid never had a shot in hell of making it. One more kid let down by whatever adults were in his life, should have been in his life, were not in his life.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:13 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
From the article:
He fatally shot one of the robbers, a 15-year-old known gang member who was already the victim of another non-fatal shooting on August 1. The teen had previously been charged with armed robbery, auto theft, theft, and fleeing.

That's a lot of second chances, and this kid was already on a path that led to a predictable end.

I'm glad that the victim refused to be a victim in this case. He did right.

But a big part of me is also very sad that this kid got so screwed up so young. He was just a kid. 15 years ago he was an innocent newborn who was nothing more than a blank slate ready for the world to embrace him. Somebody can get THAT screwed up in such a short period of time and that is incredibly sad. The kid never had a shot in hell of making it. One more kid let down by whatever adults were in his life, should have been in his life, were not in his life.
Agreed but I put it square on that kid's family for being such fools.

Old 09-06-2014, 06:15 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
here we go---- shot an unarmed man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies