Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 08:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Automatic weapons, i.e. machine guns, are basically illegal anyway. They require a special license and a toothcomb background check. So very few people have these weapons.

No they are not.
Just don't go waving it at anyone and no gun is illegal.
The right of the people to bear arms, except machine guns and cannons.

You know.... nothing is illegal, until you get caught. freedom

Laws are not there to prevent anything. They are there to decide the punishment for getting caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 08:20 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i guarantee if you did it here you would be charged with criminal charges and would face years of litigation from the family who would swear the deceased was a model child.
most people think using a gun is the end of their problems just like in the movies. its not its just the beginning.
the worst thing that can happen to a cop is he use his gun. he will try to avoid using it. criminals know this and try to take guns away from cops but CCW's people think the thugs are going to run when you pull your gun.
not so. they are going to die. do you get it???? they think you are going to back down bek that is what usually happens but it wont this time they are going to die. and then the family is going to press charges. and you my friend are going to lose your house and job over a worthless thug.
Who is "most people"? Any CCW carrier I know has always understood, if you aim that weapon, you better be prepared to shoot. There is no bluffing when you aim your weapon at someone. I don't know who has been teaching people things, maybe Hollywood, but at no time have I EVER been taught, "Just point your gun at them, that will get them to back down". I know good and well that if I aim at someone, it means I am preparing to shoot someone.

I also know, it's one thing to shoot at a firing range, even with moving targets, and it's an entirely different situation when you are in fear for your life/safety to the point that you feel the need to draw your weapon. It means, while you may have a nice tight shot group at the range, you may not have the same results when you're in a bad situation.

There's a reason....well, okay, there's many reasons...why I refuse to live in the state of CA ever again until they get their stupidity taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoedDad View Post
Its not for you to understand. Just respect the 2nd amendment.
Preach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ah but it is. The second amendment was not written about automatic weapons
The 2nd Amendment did not state, specifically, what type of weapons. It simply said that we have the right to bear arms, and it SHALL. NOT. BE. INFRINGED.

It's pretty cut and dry, not sure why liberals have a difficult time understanding that.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:

The right to bear arms, does not describe the arms to bear.
It could be a rock. It could be a stick. It could be a knife. It could be a hammer.
What about cannons and kegs of gunpowder? There is no definition of what arms.
It most certainly could be a gun. A gun of any kind or caliber or means of propulsion, to over come your oppressor.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:48 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Oh no, not that ridiculous cannard again.
The First Amendment was not limited to printing presses either.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:37 AM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Seattle, Minneapolis, Boston, San Jose, Austin, Columbus, Madison, and San Francisco are full of Democrats, and those are not destroyed cities. Tell me what you really mean.

So coy, I see what you did there!

But yes, I have to speak as nicely as possible or get another suspy.......but I know you can figger owt wut eye meen!!!!!!!

Old 09-08-2014, 06:21 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Another one of Obama's sons, if he had a son?

Old 09-08-2014, 06:49 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
We're seeing a lot of videos where a mob attacks a person or couple and everyone wishes a CCW owner would open fire and drop several of the attackers.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:53 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdblair5 View Post
who wears pink pants to a mugging.

punks are so tacky now a days.
Color doesn't matter as long as his underwear was showing.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:14 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It's about "live by the sword, die by the sword" mentality". Same thing happened to a guy in Michigan. He got shot trying to antagonize another person. He was filmed making a phone call from jail and was laughing about getting shot. It isn't about "a wake up call", it's about "I don't care". It's about "Live by the sword, die by the sword".

And then ask this. Why would someone have a "live by the sword, die by the sword" mentality? Where does that come from?
This isn't "live by the sword die by the sword"-there seems to be more honor in that.

These incidents of packs of kids attacking 1 or 2 people out of nowhere -usually older and weaker- is extremely cowardly.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:54 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Sisko View Post

This white nationalist rhetoric is getting old and played out.
why are you referring to obama as a white nationalist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies