Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 05:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

For the most part this is true. But not entirely because this depends on what County and city you live in. Sorry but the school system, where I live is very good, and we do not have a problem with illegal children in our schools. The majority is all white, and no I will not apologize for this.

Now the same cannot be said for other Counties, and other Cities, because I know Schools that are facing these very problems and it is sickening and disgusting. Our school age children, ought to come first before the needs of all others.

We have enough of problems facing our school systems, and the addition of all these illegal children, is such a burden to our schools. This is something that ought not be happening. We need sorry but politicians that have some ball-s if that is even possible. It is very true, some of these children do not speak a lick of English nor do there parents. And we have to cater to these people why. Who in the hell would cater to our Children in this way.

The way this Country is headed, and we are part of this. Just give the damn Country away, take it, our politicians do not seem to care, nor do we American Citizens seem to matter. anymore. Things are changing, some refuse to see, but things are changing subtle but for sure.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:47 AM

28,114 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
Militarize it?

About the only thing I agree with is Repeal Prop. 13. It was a disaster from the git-go.
Illegals don't get property tax bills so what does Prop 13 have to do with Speaking English?

California has both top performing schools and under performing... often in the same district.

Important to remember how California funds public schools is a large part of why Prop 13 exists.

Anyone interested can read up on the Serrano Decision whereby the State took over school funding and the property taxes that previously stayed local...

http://www.foxandhoundsdaily.com/201...-anybody-care/

Old 09-10-2014, 09:08 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,386,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Too bad a beautiful state ruined by liberal polices.

Gov. Jerry Brown: Nearly 30% of CA Kids Illegal or 'Don't Speak English'
As a life-long arch-liberal resident of California, I encourage every conservative in the state to self-deport

Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
Such a sad demise of a once great state. It is amazing how the legal residents kept voting for Liberals despite years of failure in all their policies.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Too bad a beautiful state ruined by liberal polices.

Gov. Jerry Brown: Nearly 30% of CA Kids Illegal or 'Don't Speak English'
But, but, but you Cons say diversity is bad and we all need to have one culture to be successful, well there ya go, oh you meant you want it to be Your culture, LOL.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:10 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
Such a sad demise of a once great state. It is amazing how the legal residents kept voting for Liberals despite years of failure in all their policies.
Strange I seem to remember a few Cons running the state over the last decade or so and California was just as big a mess under them.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:31 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
As a life-long arch-liberal resident of California, I encourage every conservative in the state to self-deport
Yeah, better to keep illegal foreigners here sucking us dry then to have a political group of American citizens who happen to share a different point of view from yours, right?

Old 09-10-2014, 12:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Illegals don't get property tax bills so what does Prop 13 have to do with Speaking English?

California has both top performing schools and under performing... often in the same district.

Important to remember how California funds public schools is a large part of why Prop 13 exists.

Anyone interested can read up on the Serrano Decision whereby the State took over school funding and the property taxes that previously stayed local...

The Serrano Decision: What Does it Mean, and Does Anybody Care? :: Fox&Hounds
Without Prop 13 California would have been able to successfully assimilate the immigrants.

California successfully assimilated immigrants pre-13, it has not done that great of a job since.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:47 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Without Prop 13 California would have been able to successfully assimilate the immigrants.

California successfully assimilated immigrants pre-13, it has not done that great of a job since.
We still do... just a look around the Santa Clara Valley and their are plenty...

Several of the medical reps I work with are immigrants... German, Swiss, Great Britain, India and Canada...

The medical Doctors with staff privileges are a Model UN... India, Pakistan, Philippines, China, Korean, Canadian, etc... lots of foreign born MDs

This afternoon one of the Docs said he is looking for office help... asked if I know anyone... said I do... then I learned not speaking Spanish is a deal breaker... which is almost universal to start in a Doctor's office around here... there are many older immigrants that lack a command of the English language making Spanish necessary.

Thing to remember is there would be no Prop 13 if the State had not seized control of the funding for Public Schools...

Want better schools return local control... just as it had been for over a hundred years and the public school system was in it's heyday...

Old 09-10-2014, 02:53 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I have news for you this whole immigration issue rests primarily on the backs of business. You are for business and less regulation are you are not? Or are you anti-business?

Agribusiness needs 1 to 1 and half million Mexican and other laborers a year to pick their harvest. Agribusiness is the forefront of immigration reform, from this Week in Agribusiness:

So...who is responsible for this problem?
Wrong, your idiot hero started running his mouth about amnesty and this is what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies