Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 04:48 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post

As for Texas - no, Texas doesn't mandate E-Verify, but it's also true that few States do mandate it. .

Texas does many things different than the majority of states. It is one of only 7 states that does not impose an income tax. So why would Texas avoid getting to the root cause of illegal immigration in Texas? Could it be the money behind the deal makers makes it clear they are just fine with being able to employ cheap labor. Could it be they would go after Perry with pitch forks if they were deprived of cheap labor? Could it be that the GOP needs the Hispanic vote and does not want to rock the boat?

Of course this is not limited to just Texas and Perry. Same can be said of California and New Mexico.

They are all licking their chops for those lucrative politically connected contracts /jobs, fences and border patrols will create on the fed's dime. Nothing but " feel good" legislation while protecting the root cause, those who employ undocumented workers.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

The best Americans can do is not hire or buy from companies who employ illegals.
Cause that has worked so well for made in the USA vs third world?

Time again for my new roof story. I needed a new roof , this year. I made it clear I would not hire a company that relies on undocumented workers. Found a few who told me they don't and so I made the payment contingent upon it in the contract. Never heard back.

I finally found a small local father and son team. The job would take substantially longer because unlike the competition, they did not have a small army of undocumented workers who could achieve a tear off and new roof in a day. There price was competitive because they had no choice. No one was going to hire them to do a one day job in 4.5 days for more money than those who hired undocumented workers.

Consumers shop for best price and don't care who supplies the labor.
Employers/ sub contractors hire cheap to increase their profit.

Then everyone blames government for the consequences of illegal immigration.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
He was also under the impression that there were about 300,000 illegals, when in fact there were over a million. That's why the "11 million illegals" figure (used by government since 2000) is a lie.
Actually, it ended up being 3 million that were amnestied and you're right now there are only 8 million more since 1986? Yeah, I'm a believer....not!

Old 09-07-2014, 05:24 PM

I don't know what an undocumented worker is but using illegal alien labor only puts more profit in the employer's pocket. They don't pass any savings onto the consumer. When they used them to build houses they were shoddily built and they weren't any more affordable. Someone needs to get a grip on reality (you know who you are).

Old 09-07-2014, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
As far as the Stimulus bill goes .... there was no "bargaining". It was rammed down the throat of the country with only three Republicans who voted in favor (Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, and Arlen Specter), with Specter later switching to the Democratic party. No Republican members of the House voted in .
I am aware of the roll call on the stimulus bill. I am also aware that those who voted against it, wasted no time feeding at the federal trough , once it passed.

How does a state vote against something, then turn around and grab their share of the federal pie the other team voted for. Then after they gorged on their pie, criticize the crust?

It's politics as usual.

Old 09-07-2014, 05:26 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretsky99 View Post
Too bad a beautiful state ruined by liberal polices.

Gov. Jerry Brown: Nearly 30% of CA Kids Illegal or 'Don't Speak English'
English is not required when taking someone's order for a Big Mac or mowing the lawn. With that said, California has been on a slow decline for decades as it bleeds from a wound that has been allowed to fester and worsen without anyone seriously trying to address it.

[i think it is terminal]

Old 09-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't know what an undocumented worker is but using illegal alien labor only puts more profit in the employer's pocket. They don't pass any savings onto the consumer. When they used them to build houses they were shoddily built and they weren't any more affordable. Someone needs to get a grip on reality (you know who you are).
Employment of undocumented workers has depressed wages.

Undocumented workers are as capable of building high quality homes as are US citizens. It all depends on the specs. It's no different than the stuff being produced in Asia. If the labor importer wants cheap junk, that's what will be produced. If the labor importer wants something that will stand the test of time and is willing to pay for it, that's what will be produced.

US consumers can't get enough cheap stuff. Who takes shoes to a shoe maker for repair, anymore? Who has new collars and cuffs put on a dress shirt, anymore when you can buy a new dress shirt made somewhere in Asia, on sale , at Kohls, for $12.95?

Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Cause that has worked so well for made in the USA vs third world?

Time again for my new roof story. I needed a new roof , this year. I made it clear I would not hire a company that relies on undocumented workers. Found a few who told me they don't and so I made the payment contingent upon it in the contract. Never heard back.

I finally found a small local father and son team. The job would take substantially longer because unlike the competition, they did not have a small army of undocumented workers who could achieve a tear off and new roof in a day. There price was competitive because they had no choice. No one was going to hire them to do a one day job in 4.5 days for more money than those who hired undocumented workers.

Consumers shop for best price and don't care who supplies the labor.
Employers/ sub contractors hire cheap to increase their profit.

Then everyone blames government for the consequences of illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Employment of undocumented workers has depressed wages.

Undocumented workers are as capable of building high quality homes as are US citizens. It all depends on the specs. It's no different than the stuff being produced in Asia. If the labor importer wants cheap junk, that's what will be produced. If the labor importer wants something that will stand the test of time and is willing to pay for it, that's what will be produced.

US consumers can't get enough cheap stuff. Who takes shoes to a shoe maker for repair, anymore? Who has new collars and cuffs put on a dress shirt, anymore when you can buy a new dress shirt made somewhere in Asia, on sale , at Kohls, for $12.95?
Are you trying to tell people that their spending habits and insisting on the lowest price possible with out regard to the origination and labor practice of developing consumer items has an effect?

I think we found our selves a fellow communist sister, comrades. She obviously is against capitalism.

LMFAO

Old 09-07-2014, 05:48 PM

I'd also like to add that these greedy employers just pass the social costs of their illegal alien labor unto we the taxpayer. So no, they are no bargain. They are a net burden. Take into account also that if not for their presence here job opportunities would open up for Americans and at better wages. The construction industry comes to mind. Many Americans got outpriced by illegal aliens in that industry. If an American is unemployed how can he afford to buy at these so-called cheaper prices anyway? Yes, some one definitely needs to get a grip on reality but I suspect there is an agenda involved here such as ethnic ties perhaps?
And again, WTH is an undocumented worker? THEY ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS!

Old 09-07-2014, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
Are you trying to tell people that their spending habits and insisting on the lowest price possible with out regard to the origination and labor practice of developing consumer items has an effect?

I think we found our selves a fellow communist sister, comrades. She obviously is against capitalism.

LMFAO
My guess is that she has ethnic ties to the group here in the largest numbers illegally. Their loyalty to them trumps our immigration laws and what is in the best interests of this nation and its citizens as a whole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies