Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 06:38 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Isnt he about 30% in the polls? haha, Lexus definition of success is always failure... like most Democrats
Depends on the poll. The only group consistently polling lower is Congress with an emphasis on the House.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:39 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I was wondering the same thing.

Anyway, you need to learn:
Positive developments = result of Obama
Negative developments = Bush's fault

You mean Positive developments Totally Made the hell up.

Negative developments is based on truth and facts, nothing of which this President or administration seems to understand.

Positive yes yes me me, we take the credit

Netaqtive, no no not us, blame the other guys.

More like the truth.

Old 09-07-2014, 06:42 PM

61 posts, read 76,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The overwhelming number of small businesses are one man shows, operated out of the owner's home.
I beg to differ and would like to see where you get that information from.

Regardless, I'm speaking more about mom n pop restaurants being run out by the cracker barrel and Wendy's, local markets being ran out by walfart, neighborhood hardware being consumed by home depots.

Side note, are you aware that you can quote more than one person per post without making 3-4 in a row?

Old 09-07-2014, 06:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Depends on the poll. The only group consistently polling lower is Congress with an emphasis on the House.
Congress ALWAYS polls low because groups always have lower ratings than individuals...

tell us something thats news

Old 09-07-2014, 07:07 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowAndLater View Post
I beg to differ and would like to see where you get that information from.

Regardless, I'm speaking more about mom n pop restaurants being run out by the cracker barrel and Wendy's, local markets being ran out by walfart, neighborhood hardware being consumed by home depots.

Side note, are you aware that you can quote more than one person per post without making 3-4 in a row?
And Every one of those Big, Mean establishments started out exactly like the rest of the businesses that you claim are being run out!

They all started with an idea and one hardware store, one Cracker Barrel, one Wendy's, one Wal-Mart at a time!

The difference is .. They had a better business plan!

Old 09-07-2014, 07:41 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,777,542 times
Can't we for once simply celebrate the success of our great nation and the resilience of our people?

I don't care who the President is -- they don't have that much to do with it anyway. The facts are the facts and I'm delighted we're back on track.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:52 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,833,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Can't we for once simply celebrate the success of our great nation and the resilience of our people?

I don't care who the President is -- they don't have that much to do with it anyway. The facts are the facts and I'm delighted we're back on track.
The facts as you call them are nothing more than a fabrication of every leftist idiot who wont admit that their idol is a complete and utter failure!

If you had 'bothered' to read my post .. which laid it all out in black and white, you would have been (or Should have been) too embarrassed to form such a reply!

Of course, I for one do not believe that Obama has failed in his agenda!
I believe that what he has done to this nation was wholly intentional!

Newly released Census data reveals nearly 110 million Americans – more than one-third of the country – are receiving government assistance of some kind.

The number counts people receiving what are known as “means-tested” federal benefits, or subsidies based on income. This includes welfare programs ranging from food stamps to subsidized housing to the program most commonly referred to as “welfare,” Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.

At the end of 2012, according to the stats, 51.5 million were on food stamps, while 83 million were collecting Medicaid – with some benefitting from multiple programs.

Last edited by MrClose; 09-07-2014 at 08:06 PM..

Old 09-07-2014, 08:19 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I never get excited about any report that relies on government provided stats
So, you dismiss Reagan's achievements?

Old 09-07-2014, 08:25 PM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,475 times
Good news for the nation...so of course the conservatives are trying desperately to find some reason not to believe it. 'You can't trust the numbers!' usually right around the time they've quoted some number that seems to support their argument (like all the people who've dropped out of the work force -- that's a gov't sourced number too). Or 'the source is a liberal liar' -- they never argue *facts*.

The facts are that every economic indicator is improving. Unemployment -- like it or not -- is just 6.1% nation wide. Car dealers had their best August in 11 years. Consumer confidence is up. Exports are up. The deficit is down and dropping. More Americans have health care/insurance. Crime is down.

Just roll with it, guys. Sooner or later things will start to sink again and then you can be happy again.

Old 09-07-2014, 08:47 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

I think you misunderstand the "right".. We're far more willing to celebrate the success of the nation than the left is willing to admit we dont have it..

Missing Workers: The Missing Part of the Unemployment Story | Economic Policy Institute
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies