Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:49 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,779,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
However, compared to the previous administration, Bush's integrity has been a breath of fresh air. At least he doesn't govern by the political winds.
I understand this is what Bush's 20% faithful still cling to... but governing by personal hubris is worse. Bush only listened to his closed circle of neo-cons (mostly run off and scattered to the winds now), to heck with common sense or reality. The polls are abysmal for a legitimate reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2007, 09:02 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I understand this is what Bush's 20% faithful still cling to... but governing by personal hubris is worse. Bush only listened to his closed circle of neo-cons (mostly run off and scattered to the winds now), to heck with common sense or reality. The polls are abysmal for a legitimate reason.
As are those regarding Congress.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/pol...ve/?poll_id=18

But nobody calls them smirking chimphitlers.....

Old 12-27-2007, 09:58 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,071,394 times
I don't know who called them "smirking chimphitlers" but I can and do call the Congress, "Cowardly Lions" but unfortunately the Wizard is out of town, and can't give any of them a modicum of bravery. Where's Glenda when one needs her the most.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:07 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,077,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
As are those regarding Congress.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/pol...ve/?poll_id=18

But nobody calls them smirking chimphitlers.....
Again, its necessary to inject the reality that Congressional poll numbers are so low because democrats disapprove of Congress in numbers almost the same as Republicans. Its not because Democrats have strayed too far left from an imaginary center, or because Democrats haven't held Bush's hand and rubbed his head enough as he stammered out his first complete sentence not mouthed to him by Karen Hughes. It's because they have yet to form an effective opposition to a disastrous presidency, even with a congressional majority.

Old 12-28-2007, 06:46 AM

13,631 posts, read 20,702,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Not at all, I found that answer in 2000 appealing as well. But that doesn't change the fact that it turned out to be MOD CUT. Bush didn't leave it up to that woman to change the channel. The FCC under his conservative appointees went on a wild fining spree, all to please groups like the family research council, convinced half a second of an accidental nipple is akin to world war III.
Really? Would the FCC include amongst its ranks the good Reverends Sharpton and Jackson, superstars of the Left credited with getting Don Imus off the air?

Was the FCC benign towards Howard Stern when Bush I and Bill Clinton were in office?

The FCC is a bureacracy that was there before Bush and will be there long after him. Bureacracies regulate, mostly in a stupid and inefficient manner. And while I personally would love to see more of Janet Jackson's assets, you know quite well that it crossed the line, at least as the establishment draws it.

In any case, when he made the statement, he was not yet elected and in office. The question was why people supported him or, in my case, found some appeal. Thus, your issues are moot.

Last edited by NewToCA; 12-28-2007 at 08:06 AM..

Old 12-28-2007, 03:12 PM

20,170 posts, read 24,264,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
Again, its necessary to inject the reality that Congressional poll numbers are so low because democrats disapprove of Congress in numbers almost the same as Republicans.

That reinforces my point.

Its not because Democrats have strayed too far left from an imaginary center, or because Democrats haven't held Bush's hand and rubbed his head enough as he stammered out his first complete sentence not mouthed to him by Karen Hughes.

Neither of which has been posited by anyone, especially the latter, considering how long karen Hughes has been gone from Bush's staff.

It's because they have yet to form an effective opposition to a disastrous presidency, even with a congressional majority.
Even though they've had a year to do so. I don't recommend holding one's breath until they do...

Old 12-28-2007, 04:11 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,673,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Thus the reason they are called advisors. How quickly many forget the Education Bill that was formulated with Ted Kennedy, not really considered much of a neo-con. Also, there are few, if any, decisions that Bush has made that can be considered against common sense or perceived realitiy.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 AM

2 posts, read 1,718 times
Default Bush was too bad?

Wow, reading all this b-**** i can only congratulate the fundamentalist guys.
Have you forgotten the anthrax infected mail? The world has a very short memory ( has always had btw)...at least bush gave them a sharp smack and for a long while we have not heard anything about terrorism....until now when strangely enough ( when a new power is installing) they are beginning to spread their dark wings again...ask yourself why.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,041,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbooster View Post
Wow, reading all this b-**** i can only congratulate the fundamentalist guys.
Have you forgotten the anthrax infected mail? The world has a very short memory ( has always had btw)...at least bush gave them a sharp smack and for a long while we have not heard anything about terrorism....until now when strangely enough ( when a new power is installing) they are beginning to spread their dark wings again...ask yourself why.
Am I the only one that notices all of these "new" members with just a post or two coming on so strong now in the politics forum???? Are they new or are they memorex????Hmmmm....Oh well,thank GOD for the iggy button.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies