Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 09:55 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

Very frightening..

Old 09-10-2014, 10:10 AM

925 posts, read 1,334,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
You lost me with that last line because many single parents do a fine job. Otherwise I agree.

Too bad these hooligans were ever born in the first place. I highly doubt many or any of them will be identified.
Maybe so, but life is easier if you have 2 incomes, 2 people to give the kid affection, 2 people to do/teach XYZ.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:37 AM

11,371 posts, read 9,286,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
Maybe so, but life is easier if you have 2 incomes, 2 people to give the kid affection, 2 people to do/teach XYZ.
Not always. I often wish I was raised by my mother only. I learned how not to be a man from by father.
Growing up was anything but easy for me. I truly hated my childhood and I was raised by 2 parents.
Don't assume all parents give their children affection because often they don't. Many have no business becoming parents in the first place.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
they need to get their reparashuns from the African tribes who back in 1600 - 1700's participated in the slave trade themselves.
I do find it amazing how this little tidbit of history never gets taught in schools today.
Had American blacks ancestors from Africa not been brought to America back in the day, many living in this country today would not even be alive and/or free.

So while slavery in America was an ugly period of time(certainly no picnic for those who suffered), in the long run their descendants would go on to not only be free in the greatest country on earth, but even lead* the country as president one day.

* = poorly as Obama is a nightmare

Old 09-10-2014, 10:44 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Not always. I often wish I was raised by my mother only. I learned how not to be a man from by father.
Growing up was anything but easy for me. I truly hated my childhood and I was raised by 2 parents.
Don't assume all parents give their children affection because often they don't. Many have no business becoming parents in the first place.
Yes there are always exceptions, but the majority of 2 parent households have advantages in raising kids that one parent households do not.

Old 09-10-2014, 11:15 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,535,208 times
Came in expecting urban yoof. Leaving not disappointed.

Old 09-10-2014, 12:13 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
I am not the person to point fingers here but there seems to be a long winded poster on this thread who has English as his/her 2nd language.

I found reading and understanding the posts very hard....Nouns and Pronouns along with adjectives....where to use and when.

Not being critical but just hard to get the "jest" of the replys.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 PM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_show View Post
Pay Black people reparations for slavery and maybe the violence will stop.

I hope this is a joke. I owe nothing to black people, as I never owned a slave. Decades of affirmative action programs, handouts in low income neighborhoods intended to equalize them with the rest of the nation have only made some of them more violent and angry. No reparations should ever be paid to black people, in fact I would rather see this country burn than see the day that happens. I am tired of the violence, its high time order is restored in our cities, not reward violence with reparations. What is really strange is how these folks claim they live in the conditions they do because of white racism, but in reality most black people live no different than anyone else. Most black people do not live in ghettos and act like that. Most of them work, raise kids and cut their lawns on Saturdays like everyone else. So my question is why do these people claim racism and unfairness??? Why do they not take responsibility for their choices themselves???? Cleary most black people do just fine in todays America, so how can these young people justify their claims of racism? I think its just an excuse for bad behavior, and then the race card is used to justify their anger and behavior. Because there is so many problems in these select neighborhoods even more money is spent there in order to help them, but in reality it is a way of rewarding bad behavior. I wish someone would come out with some data that shows how many black people actually have jobs, own homes and do not have criminal records. I bet this sucessful group of black Americans would be at least 70 percent of the black population, and this data would isolate these few violent type individuals and prove that racism is not the problem, but THEY are in fact the problem. Then we should put them where they belong, jail. The real victims here are the millions of middle class blacks who have to witness these thugs give an entire race a bad name.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:18 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,448,273 times
They acted just like those African bees....swarming....attacking.....merciless...DAYY UM....!

Old 09-10-2014, 05:14 PM

283 posts, read 375,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA17 View Post
I'm really getting tired of hearing black people talking about "the talk"...GTFOH with that nonsense...maybe white people need to have their own version of "the talk" telling their kids that if they see a group of blacks they should RUN or risk potentially being in a situation like Memphis, the knockout game, wisocinin state fairs, florida state fairs, iowa state fairs, or one of the many other 10(or more) on 1 black on white beatings/killins. Bet yall wouldn't react so kindly if white people were talking about that now would you? Luckily for you most white people have no common sense and continue to buy into the white guilt nonsense.
The finest example of trolling I've seen thus far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies