Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 11:49 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
One suspect arrested, more in custody. Will be interesting to see the facts come out.
Skeptical of the number of kids being over 100, mostly because the pizza place isn't very big, tough to get that many people together unless they were just hanging out in the parking lot.
Also have seen conflicting info on the race of the victims, some reports say all white victims of a hate crime, others say just mob brutality choosing random victims resulted in both whites and blacks being attacked.
Did read that the gleeful employee who filmed and posted the video was fired, and rightfully so!
She was an employee?! Good Grief.

I can't imagine watching one of my co-workers getting savagely beaten like that and doing nothing to intervene.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:55 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
She was an employee?! Good Grief.

I can't imagine watching one of my co-workers getting savagely beaten like that and doing nothing to intervene.
It wasn't even that she didn't intervene, she seemed to giggle with glee at another human beings suffering.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Nous Sommes Tous Sauvages

Old 09-08-2014, 11:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
I can see it coming..... a new app for your smartphone that allows you to call 911 while you're video recording the crime. That way no one can accuse you of not caring. Yep, there's an app for that, or soon will be.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:19 PM

390 posts, read 941,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I always carry.
But these Black hooligans were unarmed, only using their fists. You don't want to run into another Michael Zimmerman situation.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:22 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Three victims. Two black. One white.

Read this article: Witness reacts to violent attack at Kroger | WREG.com

Arrest every single one of them. I'm shocked the article says police need help identifying the attackers. If that happened in a shopping center in my area, police would have been there while that mob was in action or fleeing. At least 10 police cars would have shown up in a very short time and others would have arrived from neighboring townships. They would have chased anyone running through woods, streets, etc..
Cops were probably afraid they would be sued if they had to lay hands on the poor little darlings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
The perps. The perps were all black. All of them. I have a feeling it took awhile for anyone to call 9-1-1 because people are too interested in recording with their phones rather than doing anything useful with them...like calling for help. It is strange though it shouldn't take that long for the fuzz to show up. You'd think SOMEONE would have called asap....

Like the chick filming the entire time and yelling "someone cawl someone, someone cawl someone"

Old 09-08-2014, 12:28 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
You probably should at least read his post, which is completely on topic and relevant (unlike yours). Everything he said is very true.
It's a generic comment about race in this country, not the topic of a gang of kids beating up random strangers, almost like he cut and pasted it from some other generic topic on race.

So I read about half and then gave up, and just eyeballed the rest to see if he was going anywhere with it and/or circling back around to the topic. He did not...thus, it is not topic, not relevant, and not even well written. It is however long winded, bordering on incoherent (probably because he stole from another source and taking it out of context), and can be considered "race-baiting" (and thus throwing the topic into something that will get the moderator to close or move it out of this forum very quick - the thread will probably end up like this anyways because I see others going in that direction). I am not even going to mention the strange Palistine comments.

What do they say? IBTL - "in before the lock". In this case IBMPC - "In before moved to P&C forum" so they crazies there can debate race all they want.

Last edited by Dd714; 09-08-2014 at 12:40 PM..

Old 09-08-2014, 12:39 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor_Nado View Post
But these Black hooligans were unarmed, only using their fists. You don't want to run into another Michael Zimmerman situation.
That would be determined by the state that you are in and the rules governing the use of deadly physical force. These are the rules in one of the states that I spend a lot of time in.

North Carolina Gun Law: Use Of Deadly Physical Force Against... | www.wsoctv.com

If this incident occurred in NC and the white victim seen being kicked and punched into unconsciousness in the video were to resort to using deadly physical force he would be justified in using deadly physical force.

If instead this occurred in NYC I'm sure that Sharpton and his ilk would attempt to turn it into another incident of black oppression. Unfortunately it could go either way there.

Old 09-08-2014, 12:58 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
I am encouraged by the fact that the mayor is calling for parents to do the right thing and take responsibility and turn their kids in, which does seem to be the case for the suspect that was arrested.

“I hope nobody will try to use as an excuse – well, the children need something to do,” Wharton said....
"Any parent who tells you that they know everything their children do when they are out of sight – they’d better get a reality check. … Parenting is not only preventing. Parenting is accepting responsibility and making amends once you do something wrong.”
Wharton Urges Parental Responsiblity for Poplar Plaza Attack

That's a message a lot of parents in Memphis need to hear, over and over and over.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:09 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,239,198 times
A lot of these types of attacks have been making a lot of news & it's causing a reaction.

Where I used to live, a local KKK chapter was having an open recruiting event & I hear other White supremacist groups are capitalizing on this to grow membership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies