Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
And the teacher allows this to go on in her classroom?

Apparently so. Kids will be little asshats if you don't get a handle on them. No excuse for name calling while trying to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 05:49 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the locals are so offended, why do they keep giving the Koreans their money.

Better yet, if the Koreans are having such a tough time, why are they still there?
They're filling a vacuum. Ghetto dwellers lack anything remotely approaching the work ethic and skills to run a business; even a corner store. They have an EBT card to swipe so someones gonna make money off them.

Turns out it's Koreans.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most blacks in the downtown area don't have issues with Korean Americans. Most of the hostility towards Koreans Americans is toward shop owners that disrespect the black community...
And how would that be?

Old 09-15-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
I'm not talking about all Korean Americans but only specific shop owners. My comment is mostly directed towards those that start businesses in the black community, are rude to customers, looks down upon black in south LA, while at the same time taking their profits back to Westminster & other places. That's the disrespect I'm talking about.

And before you bring up others that might do the same thing (including blacks themselves) note that my statement isn't all inclusive...
Are you aware of what the Koreans have put up with over the years from ghetto blacks? From theft, to blacks trying to destroy their businesses during the RK riots. Oh, and Btw, 51 killed during those riots, all black, made no sense at all.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You are fingering them for having the gall to open a business in America.

How/why are they rude to customers? Are they tired of shoplifting or being robbed? This is a common occurance among Asian shopkeepers in black communities - watch some YT videos. Is this what you mean by "looks down upon black in south LA"?

Does it matter where they take their profits to? It is theirs, no? Are you restricted to where you can go with your money?

Who, specifically, are you speaking of?
I like this video of the LA riots. If you go to you tube, there are others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6tmD0W5r4w

Old 09-15-2014, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Some Asians are known for their haughty and prejudiced attitudes towards blacks. I've experienced this first hand and I've never shoplifted so much as a paperclip.
Wouldn't you be a bit prejudice if blacks committed theft and tried to destroy your business.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If the locals are so offended, why do they keep giving the Koreans their money.

Better yet, if the Koreans are having such a tough time, why are they still there?
I don't know for sure, but maybe the Koreans started these businesses when the area was better. Besides, if the Koreans left, blacks would be crying no one wants to locate their businesses there. We had the same problem here in Pittsburgh, in the Hill District. Locals robbed the grocery store blind, they could not sustain the losses and closed up. So now they complain about there being no grocery store in the hill. You can't have it both way's and expect businesses to sustain those kind of losses and stay in business.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
They're filling a vacuum. Ghetto dwellers lack anything remotely approaching the work ethic and skills to run a business; even a corner store. They have an EBT card to swipe so someones gonna make money off them.

Turns out it's Koreans.
How true.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post

Turns out it's Koreans.
Oh really?

So how were the blacks managing to live just fine before the Koreans arrived?

I can't find a single account of black starvation in L.A. before Koreans started buying up stores.

Besides, you DO know that those stores don't make much money, don't you? And if those "ghetto dwellers" are so bad, why are Koreans busting their humps to open stores in their neighborhoods? I wouldn't own a business where i hated the clientele. Would you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't know for sure, but maybe the Koreans started these businesses when the area was better. Besides, if the Koreans left, blacks would be crying no one wants to locate their businesses there. We had the same problem here in Pittsburgh, in the Hill District. Locals robbed the grocery store blind, they could not sustain the losses and closed up. So now they complain about there being no grocery store in the hill. You can't have it both way's and expect businesses to sustain those kind of losses and stay in business.
Ummmm....no. Your explanation doesn't work.

If they started those businesses when the area was better (false), why are they STILL there if the area is so terrible and unmanageable? Other businesses all over America pack up and move to better locations all the time. And worse, this is AFTER a brutal riot, and here they are....STILL there.

Explain.

As for your Hill District example, i don't know if you're telling the truth or not. I have my doubts, so post a link. Otherwise, you're just lying.

A major grocery store chain robbery? Nah...you made that up.

Now if you're just talking about a liquor store, that's believable, but you said a grocery store.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about all Korean Americans but only specific shop owners. My comment is mostly directed towards those that start businesses in the black community, are rude to customers, looks down upon black in south LA, while at the same time taking their profits back to Westminster & other places. That's the disrespect I'm talking about.

And before you bring up others that might do the same thing (including blacks themselves) note that my statement isn't all inclusive...

All Asian culture is very respectful of others, unless they themselves are not respected the same.

We here in the USA have lost sight of what manners, politeness and respect can get us in life.
We all see where rude, inconsiderate and disrespectful youth, grow up to be the people starting all the trouble for others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies