Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do yo Agree
YES 9 52.94%
NO 8 47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 02:40 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I respect you Casper, but I've heard stuff like this for years and years, and all she's saying is that I'm not human enough to be in her presence. The hell with her and anyone else who thinks the way she does. Outside of a fighting ring, I haven't imposed my will on anyone, nor do I care to. I just want to be treated as anyone else. Obviously, that has not happened, and there are those who keep trying to perpetuate that inequality.

Thin ice my posterior.

"Embrace the accepted norm of the moment?"

What the hell does that mean?

She's not trying to be wary of her fellow man. She's only wary of certain of her fellow men - which she won't even acknowledge as that.
We will have to disagree on your evaluation of Driller, are there some here, sure, but I believe you are misinterpreting what she is trying to say. Societies norms seem to change with the wind these days, most are for the better but others are not so easily accepted by many. Want to change the way people view each other then fix the education system and do what is needed as a parent in the home, parents set the example and it is why so many succeed where others continue to fail. When people stop worrying about the other guys and their issues and start dealing with their own issues things will improve but do not expect all mankind to change over night. The world has been improving but it is a slow process and each generation slowly loses the biases of their parents and things continue to improve and it will take many generations before that journey is complete if it truly can be, human nature is fickle thing you know.

Old 09-08-2014, 04:48 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAKARL View Post
im at work but can't access facebook. anyone want to give me a gist of what the video says?
Oh it's just a video of a young man who has reached a high level of consciousness. A level without emotional vampires. He's risen, he's free. It's "heavy" as the hippies used to say. Watch it and see what you think.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:04 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I respect you Casper, but I've heard stuff like this for years and years, and all she's saying is that I'm not human enough to be in her presence. The hell with her and anyone else who thinks the way she does. Outside of a fighting ring, I haven't imposed my will on anyone, nor do I care to. I just want to be treated as anyone else. Obviously, that has not happened, and there are those who keep trying to perpetuate that inequality.

Thin ice my posterior.

What the hell does that mean?

She's not trying to be wary of her fellow man. She's only wary of certain of her fellow men - which she won't even acknowledge as that.
The truth is I see things happing other places and I do no want that here.

I am sure you are a good person.....and you would not want to live where I do anyway.

What I have is a lot of land......and I will not sell any to anyone.....not just you.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:15 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I am sure you are a good person.....and you would not want to live where I do anyway.
She thinks you are probably a good person, Lucario, but even so:

Quote:
Still....if that man was walking toward me.....my hand would be on my gun.
Nothing personal, you understand, but you are a black man so you must be inherently dangerous to her. She has been well and truly conditioned to be terrified of you even while acknowledging that she is "sure you are a good person."

And she still thinks she "gets" what the man in the OP was trying to say.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She thinks you are probably a good person, Lucario, but even so:

Nothing personal, you understand, but you are a black man so you must be inherently dangerous to her. She has been well and truly conditioned to be terrified of you even while acknowledging that she is "sure you are a good person."

And she still thinks she "gets" what the man in the OP was trying to say.
Why would I take a chance????

Old 09-08-2014, 05:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Why would I take a chance????
What the guy in the OP was saying is that until we change the way we think, there can be no change in the way we relate to each other. But I get it, you are afraid of everything, much too afraid to even try to change how you think.

After our exchanges in this thread I actually feel kind of bad for you. It must be hard to live in such fear of other human beings simply because they look different from you. You should stay in rural Michigan, where you will have little chance to ever actually meet "a good person" like Lucario. Better that you stay in your safe little bubble.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
What the guy in the OP was saying is that until we change the way we think, there can be no change in the way we relate to each other. But I get it, you are afraid of everything, much too afraid to even try to change how you think.

After our exchanges in this thread I actually feel kind of bad for you. It must be hard to live in such fear of other human beings simply because they look different from you. You should stay in rural Michigan, where you will have little chance to ever actually meet "a good person" like Lucario. Better that you stay in your safe little bubble.
I intend too.

I have not been to a riot or, looted.....or shot at police.....I have not carjacked anyone.

I will not change because some man does a video.

No.....no way.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:50 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Lucario I respect you Casper, but I've heard stuff like this for years and years, and all she's saying is that I'm not human enough to be in her presence.
Lucario????? She said nothing of the kind, nothing of what she said, was directed at you personally, what she and Casper are trying to tell you is, that there are mean people out there that would do you and I and others harm all for the all mightly dollar. I didn't post this young man's ideas, for people to come in here and start arguing with each other.
I posted it, b/c the man made a lot of sense.
Things are not going to change tomorrow or the next day, it's going to take generation after generation to stop brainwashing children to believe it's ok to hurt others....it's not ok...it's not ok to destroy the property of others, b/c your angry.

Quote:
The hell with her and anyone else who thinks the way she does. Outside of a fighting ring, I haven't imposed my will on anyone, nor do I care to. I just want to be treated as anyone else. Obviously, that has not happened, and there are those who keep trying to perpetuate that inequality.
Well, that just spoils all of what this young man said...you really need to make sure you understand what someone is saying before you go off....there were no personal attacks here at you or anyone else...all she said, is, she is not going to let her guard down, and no one should, not you, not me....you think b/c this kid spoke the truth people are all of a sudden going to stop the violence?

Quote:

What it means is, a whole lot of people are going to embrace what this kid said, but are they going to live it....? Its so easy to talk, but will people seriously implement this into their lives....no...
unfortunately they won't. In other words....he is the accepted norm at the moment, but if another black kid is shot, in a black neighborhood by whites, once again, it begins, with violent protests and looting.

Quote:
You don't know that...she will be wary of anyone who tries to hurt her, is what she is saying....

I don't understand, how you could think or believe a complete stranger is attacking you on a forum?
your attacking people b/c you do not understand....
Not everyone is against "you" personally or your culture...but you come into a thread, and put words in people's mouths...you read things in posts that the people didn't even mean? Why do you take such a personal stands on these subjects? And get so angry? This is a discussion, not an all out and out brawl....and everyone has a right to their feelings...and it is Fear that guides people....not to mention, what they've experienced....
I'm asking you to please be a little more understanding of these facts....just b/c you think one way and I think another, doesn't make you right and me wrong or visa versa.

Old 09-09-2014, 04:55 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
yes, folks, there will always be nay sayers that like to tighten the clamp on hope....however, sometimes that is all we have left to hold on to, is hope....

Did you ever plan a vacation to go somewhere special, and when you shared your happiness with others, they put your idea down, and were not able to say, "OMG, that is wonderful, hope you have a safe and happy trip!". Why can't they, b/c they fear allowing you to have a great time, due to jealousy and fear....so are you going to cancel your trip, b/c you are unable to gain approval from them? No, indeed not, you ignore them and move on....and you will have a marvelous time....

Same with this....again, I say, I'm proud of this kid, don't care if it's new age, or some form of religion, he's simply hit the nail right on the head, and has it all above and over some folks. And he is right...all the way....and it makes me happy to see there is hope...b/c in his children he will live on, and they will be raised to believe in what he believes in, which is a great thing....

Old 09-09-2014, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, folks, there will always be nay sayers that like to tighten the clamp on hope....however, sometimes that is all we have left to hold on to, is hope....

Did you ever plan a vacation to go somewhere special, and when you shared your happiness with others, they put your idea down, and were not able to say, "OMG, that is wonderful, hope you have a safe and happy trip!". Why can't they, b/c they fear allowing you to have a great time, due to jealousy and fear....so are you going to cancel your trip, b/c you are unable to gain approval from them? No, indeed not, you ignore them and move on....and you will have a marvelous time....

Same with this....again, I say, I'm proud of this kid, don't care if it's new age, or some form of religion, he's simply hit the nail right on the head, and has it all above and over some folks. And he is right...all the way....and it makes me happy to see there is hope...b/c in his children he will live on, and they will be raised to believe in what he believes in, which is a great thing....
I agree with the words.

But, are they being said to get in someone's good graces......for an evil reason.

We do not know.

Not yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies