Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 07:19 AM

29,441 posts, read 19,527,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
No, you cut and pasted something some right-wing denialist website deigned to feed you. I've already shown that your own citations don't support your claim, to humour you further would be a waste of time.
What ever chief. All I did was to show that there is indeed a "pause" or "hiatus" in global warming. Seems that you are the one in denial

And why are you afraid to answer a simple question?

Old 09-11-2014, 07:34 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,366,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
What ever chief. All I did was to show that there is indeed a "pause" or "hiatus" in global warming. Seems that you are the one in denial

And why are you afraid to answer a simple question?
Because it interferes with his mantra of constantly whining and crying about "right wing denialists" in every single post.

I really wish the hyper-partisan people on BOTH sides of the aisle would learn to think for themselves instead of painting everything in the black and white terms of their party is good and the other party is evil. Not only is it intellectually lazy and dishonest, it's BORING!

Old 09-11-2014, 07:40 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,506,627 times
I'm curious why the AWG crowd doesn't care about AWG.

Sure, they talk about it all the time, but they don't really take any action other that yacking "something needs to be done."

They don't even give lip service to current issues.

Are they speaking out about all of the people rushing out to wait in line for the newest iDevice? Do they criticize the media for promoting and hyping these products? No. Think about the environmental impact caused by the manufacturing of millions of these devices. Is the bigger screen worth it? Is getting your email a tenth of a second worth it? Obviously not, but I haven't heard a single AWG person breath a word about the damage done for this consumerism.

President Obama, because he couldn't get a tee time, flew all of those aircraft back to Washington DC from NY only to turn around the very next day and fly them all back to make it to a wedding. Does the AWG say anything about him not setting an example? No.

Do you know why they probably don't call things like this out? Because it would remind them of the hypocrisy in their own lives. They'll see that computer on their desk and the new phone in their pocket, and they know it will destroy the mental block they've developed in order to live a life of gadgets and convenience that they love.

Their answer isn't going to be anything that will slow down their lives. They want government to "do something". And what is the government's answer? Simple; you can do what you want as long as you pay to do it. It's taxes and fees. If corporation X wants to pump out more fumes, all they have to do is buy those credits and continue to do it. Cap and trade is a gold mind for bureaucrats wanting larger budgets, advantages for their friends and to pick and choose winners and loser.

Like I said, how often do they even call anything out.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:55 AM

1,245 posts, read 920,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Thanks for that. I'm not a scientist but I can look at the alarming unpreceded rapid spike in C02 levels and see that it's an issue. Sure like the report says C02 levels have been higher in the DISTANT past. But introducing the amount of C02 at the rapid rate at which humans are is clearly an issue.
By how you commented, I know you didn't even bother reading this https://www.cfact.org/wp-content/upl...mateReport.pdf

Old 09-11-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You and I both know that since the AGW deniers lack evidence they are forced to cherry pick what they think will refute the prevailing science...

This is the very same methods used by creationists when debating evolution.
Scientists are suppose to look at things OBJECTIVELY, climate conspiracy theorists DO NOT! https://www.cfact.org/wp-content/upl...mateReport.pdf

Old 09-11-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'm curious why the AWG crowd doesn't care about AWG.

Sure, they talk about it all the time, but they don't really take any action other that yacking "something needs to be done."

They don't even give lip service to current issues.

Are they speaking out about all of the people rushing out to wait in line for the newest iDevice? Do they criticize the media for promoting and hyping these products? No. Think about the environmental impact caused by the manufacturing of millions of these devices. Is the bigger screen worth it? Is getting your email a tenth of a second worth it? Obviously not, but I haven't heard a single AWG person breath a word about the damage done for this consumerism.

President Obama, because he couldn't get a tee time, flew all of those aircraft back to Washington DC from NY only to turn around the very next day and fly them all back to make it to a wedding. Does the AWG say anything about him not setting an example? No.

Do you know why they probably don't call things like this out? Because it would remind them of the hypocrisy in their own lives. They'll see that computer on their desk and the new phone in their pocket, and they know it will destroy the mental block they've developed in order to live a life of gadgets and convenience that they love.

Their answer isn't going to be anything that will slow down their lives. They want government to "do something". And what is the government's answer? Simple; you can do what you want as long as you pay to do it. It's taxes and fees. If corporation X wants to pump out more fumes, all they have to do is buy those credits and continue to do it. Cap and trade is a gold mind for bureaucrats wanting larger budgets, advantages for their friends and to pick and choose winners and loser.

Like I said, how often do they even call anything out.
That would be hypocrites calling out hypocrites, so that is why.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,156,650 times
Quote:
For well over 100 years it has been known that increased emissions of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide will warm the planet.
Corrected to say: "For well over 100 years it is theory that increased emissions of greenhouse gases such as CO2 will warm the planet."

Looks that theory is crap since it hasn't warmed in over 17 years and CO2 still rises.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
That's complete nonsense. If you throw somebody down the stairs and the climb up, you wouldn't say that they haven't climbed the stairs just because they haven't surpassed their previous height. What your saying makes no sense whatsoever. The fact that you key in on 17 years as if 17 is a totally logical number to use is silly. If what you're saying is only true for the key value of 17, it doesn't demonstrate anything.
So the scientists are wrong on your say so?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I thought it was a hoax cooked up by Al Gore. Pick a story and stick with it.
al-Gore picked up on theory and tried to make it fact with that mockumentary and the IPCC's prophesies of doom, death and destruction if we didn't hand them millions.

But al-Gore has yet to overcome the fact it hasn't warmed in over 17 years. Probably why the worlds biggest hypocrite bought ocean front property.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCforever View Post
The debate is over. The laws are passed. The courts have affirmed. The regulations are written. The train left the station quite a few years ago.
And what was unilaterally written into regulation can just as fast be unwritten.

Watch that train derail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies