Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or Not?
True and she should be hung 16 30.19%
Not true at all 10 18.87%
I don't really know 2 3.77%
I really don't care. 26 49.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dempsey's Left Foot View Post
Soros has put approximately as much money into Snopes as he has into Politifact, Fox News, the San Diego Chargers, and my vegan sister's wedding: $0.

Although I do like the fact that I can blame anything I don't like on the idea that George Soros funds it, despite all evidence to the contrary. White Sox lost to the Tigers? DETROIT IS FUNDED BY SOROS. Car broke down? NISSAN'S FUNDED BY SOROS. Girlfriend cheating on me? DAMN YOU GEORGE.

At least they fooled you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 07:02 PM

57,329 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I find it funny that there are people out there who want Jane Fonda to be hanged for treason and yet say nothing about the politicians who sent them over there to die.
Absolutely, she didn't send 50,000 off to die in a senseless cause.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:23 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
That's because they think we went there for a good cause and that we actually had a chance to win.

They're wrong about both.
Oh goody .. another revisionist without a clue chimes in!

We absolutely humbled the NVA at the Tet Offensive!
And we continued to spank them!

Just curious .. How many of you folks were actually in theater, in Southeast Asia and didn't have to get your talking points from our Government/leftists controlled schools?

The NVA had been beaten into submission and signed the PARIS PEACE ACCORDS of 1973, which all the know nothings seem to not remember.

The settlement included a cease-fire throughout Vietnam.

In addition, the United States agreed to the withdrawal of all U.S. troops and advisors (totalling about 23,700) and the dismantling of all U.S. bases within 60 days.

In return, the North Vietnamese agreed to release all U.S. and other prisoners of war.

An international control commission would be established made up of Canadians, Hungarians, Poles, and Indonesians, with 1,160 inspectors to supervise the agreement.

According to the agreement, South Vietnamese President Nguyen Van Thieu would continue in office pending elections.

Agreeing to "the South Vietnamese People's right to self-determination," the North Vietnamese said they would not initiate military movement across the DMZ and that there would be no use of force to reunify the country.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:28 PM

24,125 posts, read 32,504,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Ancient history. Forget about Fonda.

Ted Turner's ex wife? The grandmother in "Georgia Rules"? The eighties aerobics lady?
Who knows. Who cares.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,837,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Ted Turner's ex wife? The grandmother in "Georgia Rules"? The eighties aerobics lady?
Who knows. Who cares.
Quite a few of us.

The ones who actually had skin in the game!

Yes, Us, the ones who saw brothers killed and wounded while Grandma Jane consorted with the enemy!

We care!

Old 09-08-2014, 07:35 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,277,731 times
The missing choice in the Poll is:

"At this point, what difference does it make?"

Old 09-08-2014, 07:39 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,591,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And those who led us into that asinine, unnecessary war of choice betrayed the public trust and are the ones who should have been held responsible, not citizens expressing their views, popular or not.
I have no problem with people expressing their views. If she had left it at that, she wouldn't get nearly the criticism she has, as the many others that expressed their views have not. However, she crossed lines and was used as a useful idiot and has since acknowledged the mistake.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Oh goody .. another revisionist without a clue chimes in!

We absolutely humbled the NVA at the Tet Offensive!
And we continued to spank them!

Just curious .. How many of you folks were actually in theater, in Southeast Asia and didn't have to get your talking points from our Government/leftists controlled schools?

The NVA had been beaten into submission and signed the PARIS PEACE ACCORDS of 1973, which all the know nothings seem to not remember.

The settlement included a cease-fire throughout Vietnam.

In addition, the United States agreed to the withdrawal of all U.S. troops and advisors (totalling about 23,700) and the dismantling of all U.S. bases within 60 days.

In return, the North Vietnamese agreed to release all U.S. and other prisoners of war.

An international control commission would be established made up of Canadians, Hungarians, Poles, and Indonesians, with 1,160 inspectors to supervise the agreement.

According to the agreement, South Vietnamese President Nguyen Van Thieu would continue in office pending elections.

Agreeing to "the South Vietnamese People's right to self-determination," the North Vietnamese said they would not initiate military movement across the DMZ and that there would be no use of force to reunify the country.
We didn't humble the Vietnamese during Tet. We didn't even win Tet. The idea that we actually won Tet is based on that bodycount B.S. which is meaningless.

Tet inflicted an incredible psychological defeat on us no matter how many Vietnamese we repelled or killed. We didn't even think Tet was possible...until it was.

We lost Vietnam on the battlefield. I'm sorry that so many people like yourself can't deal with that reality. And Jane Fonda is the least of the reasons why we lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Quite a few of us.

The ones who actually had skin in the game!

Yes, Us, the ones who saw brothers killed and wounded while Grandma Jane consorted with the enemy!

We care!
You guys may have had a noble cause in your minds, and that's admirable....but you got snookered. That was an Asian civil war, and we had no business getting involved in it.

And Jane Fonda wasn't the one that did the snookering.

Old 09-08-2014, 07:53 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,719,685 times
Another thread that shows that the Tea Party is not the party of small government. The Tea Party is not the party of isolation.
The Tea Party loves military spending and lot of it. The Tea Party...fool me once shame on you...fool me twice shame on me. You guys are going to bankrupt this country...you had Vietnam, Gulf Wars and now you want more. I guess you are benefiting while the taxpayers get hosed..

The Tea Party's Surprisingly Hawkish Foreign Policy - Forbes

Old 09-08-2014, 07:57 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,467,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Her visit was wrong and she was wrong in her words and actions, and guess what, she apologized for them. Why drag it up again?
The apology was only to portions of what she did. In fact, she said she was proud of having gone there even after the apology. An American citizen going to a nation that America is at war with and doing a propaganda tour for them is a traitorous act. If she isn't sorry for having done it at all, then the apology is worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies