Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 10:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
The sniper was chasing medal-backed currency.

He shouldn't have lied so much.

Probably looking for a handsome political career.
So what, and Ventura hasn't?

Quote:
She's wearing high heals in public.
Why that's a sure sign of a woman on the loose seriously!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
If President Bush can point to where he actually was libeled, he should sue. I'm not going to hold my breath.
My point President Bush was capable of walking away and turning the other cheek. Don't think Bush cares what Ventura thinks or says. Money is not an issue to President Bush for him to tie up time sueing. Watching Ventura become a crazy man is probably more entertaining to watch.

Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 PM

Witness in 'American Sniper' defamation suit says she saw Jesse Ventura get punched in bar | Dallas Morning News

Kyle wrote in his best-selling book, "American Sniper," that he punched a man he called "Scruff Face" that night who loudly said the Navy SEALs "deserve to lose a few" while a large group of SEALs and family members were there for a wake for a fallen comrade. Kyle later identified the man as Ventura, a former SEAL.

DeShazo was there for the wake because her brother was on the same SEAL team. While there, she, her sister and her brother's girlfriend posed for a picture with Ventura, which was shown in court and showed him sporting a braided goatee. DeShazo said she later saw Ventura get into a "scruffle with a group of people" and saw a man punch Ventura. She said she doesn't know who threw the punch and didn't know Kyle, but she gave a description that was consistent with him.

But deShazo's testimony conflicted with a sworn video deposition Kyle gave before he was slain in Texas last year. DeShazo said she was "positive" the confrontation happened on the patio at the pub. Kyle said it happened out on the sidewalk. She said she didn't see what else happened and didn't see Ventura go down as Kyle claimed.

"It was a time of mourning for us. A bar fight was not a priority for me," she said.

Seems something happened........

Old 01-05-2015, 10:51 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My point President Bush was capable of walking away and turning the other cheek.
Or he simply had no case. It's not hard to turn the other cheek if you have no case; that is, if you were not really libeled, legally or factually.

Old 01-06-2015, 08:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Pedro, You can watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDyAT1TVQ9Q

Chris also wrote about punching Ventura in his book "American Sniper". I have read the book recently, but the section of Kyle's book with the heading “Punching Out Scruff Face,” is not there. (at least not in the book that I bought.)

I don't know exactly what happened, I don't think anybody really knew. But Ventura said that he did not know Chris, How can this be?

Chris is a legend. Ventura was a former SEAL, he went to SEALs graduation ALL THE TIME, he hang out with SEALs all the time (his words not mine)

He never heard of Chris? lol Doubt it. It makes sense that Ventura didn't know Chris personally, but never heard of an American legend, give me a break. It is almost like a Navy SEALs never heard of frog hill.
Thanks, that helps.

Now, since this was tied to a specific event, there had to be witnesses at the bar.

Did the witnesses confirm a punch?

Did the witnesses confirm that Kyle alleges Ventura said?

Old 01-24-2015, 03:42 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,868,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
My point President Bush was capable of walking away and turning the other cheek. Don't think Bush cares what Ventura thinks or says. Money is not an issue to President Bush for him to tie up time sueing. Watching Ventura become a crazy man is probably more entertaining to watch.
"You know who was a military hero, though, an American hero? Pat Tillman. After 9/11 Pat immediately gave up a lucrative successful career in there NFL, and believing Bush, enlisted to get 'the bad guys' in Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, it didn't take him long to realize, the bad guys weren't in Kabul. They were in Washington. He now realized he had to go back and fight them. He was in contact with leaders of the anti-war movement here, and planning to join them when he was shot and killed. Probably by us!

Instead of making a movie about a soldier who kills 180 people, why not make a movie about a soldier who is trying to save thousands.

Do you think Clint Eastwood would have the balls, or the convictions or the smarts to make a movie about Pat Tillman?

I doubt it!"

'American Sniper' - A Review By John Barbour

Old 01-24-2015, 04:08 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, most people understand justice and mercy. Jesse Ventura has said it many times that it was not about money. If it indeed was not about money, he should have put the 1.8 million dollars in a trust fund. He also b*ch about he could no longer going to the SEALs reunion or graduation ceremony. There is a reason why SEALs turned their back on him.

Jesse Ventura has done more damage to himself by now accepting that $1.8 million. He is taking $1.8 million from a family who doesn’t have $1.8 million. They don’t have it.
The book was on the best seller list for 37 weeks and the movie based on it is a hit. Somehow I doubt she is on the bread line.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:02 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,326 times
Legally speaking, I think Ventura is on solid ground. A jury certainly found him to have been libeled, and I would have probably come to the same conclusion. However, Ventura does have a seriously over-sized ego, and his tenure as Minnesota's governor made it clear that he is very thin-skinned.

The award he received will be paid largely by Harper Collins' insurance carrier. Kyle's widow will be wealthy for the rest of her life. Ventura's fight has shifted to publisher Harper Collins, with a large settlement to Ventura being the likely outcome.

I'm not a big fan of Ventura's narcissism, but I have no respect for Kyle's psychopathy either.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:58 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Jesse Ventura is not the kind of man to allow a punk to make a liar out of him.
Ventura is a frickin' clown. He was a flippin' "professional wrestler" fer chrissakes. Not to mention an national joke as a politician.

I don't know what the truth is here. But I'd be much more inclined to believe an American hero, one that sacrificed so much, over the ramblings of a circus performer.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:01 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
"You know who was a military hero, though, an American hero? Pat Tillman. After 9/11 Pat immediately gave up a lucrative successful career in there NFL, and believing Bush, enlisted to get 'the bad guys' in Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, it didn't take him long to realize, the bad guys weren't in Kabul. They were in Washington. He now realized he had to go back and fight them. He was in contact with leaders of the anti-war movement here, and planning to join them when he was shot and killed. Probably by us!

Instead of making a movie about a soldier who kills 180 people, why not make a movie about a soldier who is trying to save thousands.

Do you think Clint Eastwood would have the balls, or the convictions or the smarts to make a movie about Pat Tillman?

I doubt it!"

'American Sniper' - A Review By John Barbour
In doing so, Kyle did save, if not thousands, at least hundreds. No question that he was the very definition of a hero. I also have a great deal of respect for Pat Tillman. To give up success and money he was getting to serve his country is honorable. I respect that he had a higher calling than making a career playing children's games. However, AFAIK his career in the military was pretty unremarkable. I don't know that he saved nearly the number of men that Kyle did, if any.

As far as John Barbour? He seems like a bitter, insecure little man. One who has accomplished little in life but seems to thrive on attacking his betters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies