Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 07:38 AM

1,259 posts, read 828,222 times

Advertisements

You're way more likely to see people demonstrating with rifles on their backs in Mogadishu and Tikrit than in London, Paris or Berlin. Shouldn't that tell you something? Are you trying to make Texas look like Somalia now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It was a demonstration, was that too complicated for you or did seeing those evil guns slung across peoples back just make your blood boil. I bet you believe we are all still riding around on horses and covered wagons and fighting off the Wild Injuns. Those days are gone but we did retain a few things from the past, we still love our Freedoms and we felt it was very important to keep our spine intact.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:47 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_thoughts View Post
You're way more likely to see people demonstrating with rifles on their backs in Mogadishu and Tikrit than in London, Paris or Berlin. Shouldn't that tell you something? Are you trying to make Texas look like Somalia now?
So now you want to limit freedom of speech?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
First off I did not take part, I think that such demonstrations are not needed and for some with an unnatural fear of any type of weapon it simply makes them more fearful and we would not want that.

Why would I care what they are doing in Mogadishu and Tikrit, London, Paris or Berlin I do not live in any of them. But since you want to bring up Europe maybe you can explain why Europe seems to go through war after war and mainly against each other, does not seem like they are the peaceful people you seem to believe they are, I know my country of origin, Germany, has a long history of killing each other and those around them for all kinds of reasons. Have you been watching the news lately, seems like there are plenty of conflicts going on there today and there will be more to come. One should be more selective when trying to point out how peaceful people are, the evidence is there in almost every culture that mankind is not all that peaceful as a species we make an Art out of War. Once you get your brain wrapped around that fact you might start to have a clue as to why many of us are never going to be willing to give up the ability to defend ourselves, our family and our little piece of the planet we call our home.

I will take Texas any day over NY and at the rate things are going we will not be fellow countrymen for much longer. The more I see viewpoints such as yours demonstrated the more I am beginning to think that might not be a bad thing after all.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
There are no limits when it comes to limiting Freedom for some, after all people are far more safe in a Totalitarian society, that is, so long as they Obey.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

You're deflecting. I simply asked if you'd rather see Texas streets resemble those of Paris, London or Berlin or rather Mogadishu and Tikrit where someone carrying a rifle does not draw any attention?

Old 09-10-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post

I will take Texas any day over NY and at the rate things are going we will not be fellow countrymen for much longer. The more I see viewpoints such as yours demonstrated the more I am beginning to think that might not be a bad thing after all.
Be carefully what you wish for, Texas already begged once to be admitted to the union.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:15 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
You're deflecting. I simply asked if you'd rather see Texas streets resemble those of Paris, London or Berlin or rather Mogadishu and Tikrit where someone carrying a rifle does not draw any attention?
If someone carries a rifle in Texas it would look like Texas, as well as scores or other states, 40 years ago.

Civil rights come before you being uncomfortable.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:16 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
Be carefully what you wish for, Texas already begged once to be admitted to the union.
Texas Secede!

Some are thinking that was a bad idea to begin with.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Believe me if we leave we will not leave alone and we would be the tenth largest economy in the world the day we left. It would not be us begging for things, we have what we need and the people to make it a success.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Texas Secede!

Some are thinking that was a bad idea to begin with.
And the numbers are growing, especially when one watches our Federal Government theses days and how some States are changing for the worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies